• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Über Crowded

Sorry that happened to you....Thanksgiving week is usually very busy, but from all the reports ,it is alot busier this year..

All indicators say the crowds should disappear by Monday morning at the latest. Here's hoping!

I'm just sad at those few people who think its okay to act like animals because they are on vacation... :(

I hope you are right we are checking in Tuesday night!!:thumbsup2

You should post some pictures- I like looking at all the crowds :) It's the only time I am actually GLAD I'm not there :)

This thread has me really worried about our trip next month. I used TP and the time right up until Christmas eve wasn't too bad. Crowd levels were 2, 4 ,5. Just NOW they change every day to an 8 or above. I wouldn't have booked it if they were that high...

I know we wil still have a great time, it's Disney!! But I worry about being pushed around and ran over, like the OP. We get spots early for parades only to be pushed around by late comers. Sigh...

Epcot was the only not recommended park yesterday on easywdw.com. Josh made the point that the park had both evening EMH (very popular) and the first night of the Candlelight Processional (very popular). He said it would be by far the worst day of the week to go to Epcot.

For those who are worried about crowds, especially during busy times, choosing the right park can make all the difference. Often, when I see a post on here complaining about crowds, I (due to curiosity) check the person's park choice against the recommendations. About 90% of the time, the person has chosen the busiest possible park for that day.

I sure hope you are OK and I hope things clear out a bit so you can enjoy the rest of your trip.
But on the bright side I hope this means less people for me in 18 days when we arrive:lmao:

OP, first I want to give you major props for using the umlaut in your title. Nice job!!!

On a more relevant note, that stinks that you were run down by a lunatic! Was there a child in the stroller? Crazy behavior for an adult.

Ironically, we just left this morning after 8 days and I was reflecting on how relatively low the crowds seemed (it was definitely busy, but it seemed less busy than our last three or four trips). I'm not sure if we just got lucky and hit the right parks each day, or the fact that for the first time ever we made rope drops most days and were generally out of the parks by 3, or that we usually go at peak spring break times and are used to the large crowds and at least these crowds came with cooler weather, but I was less cramped than usual. We even watched a parade for the first time in my 36 years (and while it was cute, it wasn't worth the hassle in my opinion).

Hope your bottom is feeling better today!!!

I was literally run over by a drunk woman pushing a wheelchair 30 MPH. In a mass of people...

LOL. We were sitting on the bench outside of Rose & Crown waiting for our ADR when a group of very drunk 20-somethings came up to buy more beer. One lady was standing there swinging back and forth like a pendulum, one time throwing her leg out trying to catch her balance. I thought was was going to fall over 10 times in the time she was there.

And yeah...holy cow it was crowded there last night.

Hope your bum is feeling better OP!!! :goodvibes. Me and DH were almost mowed over by TWO drunk people trying to drive/ride an EVC TOGETHER (as in two people on one EVC!) last year at F & W. I can't believe she didnt even stop to apologize to you! Hope the rest of the weekend goes better. I'd love to see crowd pics too!

Hoping that things thin out before we arrive on Friday.....

Thanks for the concern everyone! My bottom is still a little sore but I will live!

I have never heard about the "non recommended/recommended" park listing! I will be checking that out tonight to be sure!

How do I post pics on here using an iPhone?

We went to MK today and while there were a lot of people, we were able to do a lot. It was gorgeous weather wise and things went swimmingly! :)

After a nap, I'm ready to go back to the parks but my DH and DD9 want to stick around the resort. Ah well, there's always tomorrow!

Thanks for the concern everyone! My bottom is still a little sore but I will live!

I have never heard about the "non recommended/recommended" park listing! I will be checking that out tonight to be sure!

How do I post pics on here using an iPhone?

We went to MK today and while there were a lot of people, we were able to do a lot. It was gorgeous weather wise and things went swimmingly! :)

After a nap, I'm ready to go back to the parks but my DH and DD9 want to stick around the resort. Ah well, there's always tomorrow!

Photobucket has a free iPhone ap that is really convenient...you can easily transfer your pics to photobucket from your IPhone, and then post on the Disboards! :goodvibes

Glad you're feeling better!

We were there the week BEFORE Thanksgiving....our normal week that we visit. This year was far more crowded than in the past....we were really surprised. We also noticed a lot more people at Epcot that had been "overserved". At times Epcot almost seemed like a pick up bar :)

Still love visiting this time of year though. I'll take crowds with great weather over crowds in the heat any day!

We just arrived this afternoon and based on this thread I was really worried. We walked into Epcot at 5;30. We were able to ride Spaceship Earth, sum of all Thrills and Mission Space all before boarding a bus for AK at 6:55! That's not bad at all! We walked onto each ride with zero wait. The bus was waiting for us when we got to the bus stop and we were able to all sit down. The bus left about 60the seconds later. We are on target for our 8current pm dinner at Jikos to celebrate D's 15th B-day. It has been a great day! I am no longer worried about crowds!

We were there the week BEFORE Thanksgiving....our normal week that we visit. This year was far more crowded than in the past....we were really surprised. We also noticed a lot more people at Epcot that had been "overserved". At times Epcot almost seemed like a pick up bar :)

Still love visiting this time of year though. I'll take crowds with great weather over crowds in the heat any day!

I'm wondering about the over-served part...you'd think Disney would have some type of policy in place where if someone is obviously intoxicated that they would refuse to sell them any more beverages.

This is our fourth year here for T-day week and the crowds are much heavier than we have seen it previous years as others have already posted. We are doing fine though, by getting to the parks early and using FPs when necessary.

We too noticed the large amount of very drunk guests around at Epcot both yesterday and today. During F & W you expect to see it, but I do not recall seeing so many before this time of year.

Today I was behind this young couple buying beer and they were so drunk they could hardly stand and pay for it, both were swaying badily and the man spilled half his beer picking it up from the CM on the counter all over himself and almost on me :scared1: I guess there is no cut off point in the parks as many people are not driving like they would be in a bar or tavern :confused3

As OP said, words cannot describe the crowds.... But I'm gonna try. (BTW- This is for descriptive purposes only-- Not a complaint.) We arrived last Sunday ( Nov. 20) and visited MK first, listed on one list as a park to avoid. At 5pm, it was literally shoulder to shoulder. If the parks were not closed due to capacity then, they never will be. The pavement was marked ( if you could see it) with places to stand and places to walk. If you stood in a place to walk, a CM "encouraged" you to walk. Thus, you had rivers of people. If you wanted to go to, say, Frontierland, then you had to get in the stream that was flowing that direction-- which is what we did. We ended up at the back of the park where the parade ended and it was still seven deep on the curb waiting on the parade. None the less, we had a great time. Ironically, the crowds seemed to thin as Thanksgiving approached with only a slight bump Friday.

November was when I used to go, but over the years I hear it's just gotten insane. Now, having done it once, early October is the time for me. Though we're doing late Jan and the crowd forcasts are so low it's scary... Maybe that's when we will go from now on. ;)

Shush!! Too many read this, and our numbers could climb, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter