• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm looking into my reworking my plans and was wondering if I stayed after the fireworks and watched the 10:45-11:05 Hocus Pocus show as opposed to the 12:00 show, would it be reasonable to think I could make it to Frontierland/Liberty Square in time to see the Headless Horsemen before the 11:15 parade?

I think @Cluelyss would serve you better to answer this question for your party on Friday, September 14,
9 Total - Me, DW, DD10, DS8, DD4, DM62, DF63, DFIL59, DMIL57

I realize this doesn't follow the template requested but her is a link to my preliminary touring plan for a full day at MK including MNSSHP. I thought it may be worth it to share a plan that include a full day at the park:

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3057772

I'm pretty excited it is predicting that my So and myself can get to do everything we want in one day before considering our 60+ FP selections. :dogdance:

I would appreciate any feedback as this will be my first time at MK since I was 10. Please note the 3 hour break in the middle of the day is a break for a 4pm ADR at Ohana.

Thanks!

@FoxC63 I've updated my itinerary on Post #549 to reflect changes based on your feedback. Thank you!

It looks perfect to me. You left plenty of time at the rides to gather everyone together and move to the next attraction.

I do recommend IF - DM62, DF63, DFIL59, DMIL57 start to feel tired they should go and secure a spot at the Hall of Presidents for the parade about 10:45/10:50 so they can sit down. Here's the WDW map and google map to show you what I'm referring to:

upload_2018-4-26_18-22-12.png

upload_2018-4-26_18-22-24.png

This area will get roped off during the parade making this viewing location priceless! ::yes:: Adults can sit there and the rest of your party can sit in front of them without blocking their view.

I realize this doesn't follow the template requested but her is a link to my preliminary touring plan for a full day at MK including MNSSHP. I thought it may be worth it to share a plan that include a full day at the park:

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3057772

I'm pretty excited it is predicting that my So and myself can get to do everything we want in one day before considering our 60+ FP selections. :dogdance:

I would appreciate any feedback as this will be my first time at MK since I was 10. Please note the 3 hour break in the middle of the day is a break for a 4pm ADR at Ohana.

Thanks!

Hi Brian and :welcome: to the party! I'm glad to hear you're attending MNSSHP! It's a lot of fun. I appreciate your trust in our opinions but unfortunately I'm not in the position of critiquing another website. It is not realistic for me to gauge your timing per attractions nor is this why I created this thread to contradict another sites opinion. Perhaps those who have used Touring Plans service can chime in personally as I have no experience with them.

Last edited:
It looks perfect to me. You left plenty of time at the rides to gather everyone together and move to the next attraction.

I do recommend IF - DM62, DF63, DFIL59, DMIL57 start to feel tired they should go and secure a spot at the Hall of Presidents for the parade about 10:45/10:50 so they can sit down. Here's the WDW map and google map to show you what I'm referring to:

View attachment 319385

View attachment 319386

This area will get roped off during the parade making this viewing location priceless! ::yes:: Adults can sit there and the rest of your party can sit in front of them without blocking their view.

Wow, awesome tip! Thanks for the input. Getting super excited... Now that I've got a workable plan it's on to Phase 2. I'm making a homemade Disney themed escape room to surprise the kids we're going... can't wait!

Hi Brian and :welcome: to the party! I'm glad to hear you're attending MNSSHP! It's a lot of fun. I appreciate your trust in our opinions but unfortunately I'm not in the position of critiquing another website. It is not realistic for me to gauge your timing per attractions nor is this why I created this thread to contradict another sites opinion. Perhaps those who have used Touring Plans service can chime in personally as I have no experience with them.

Thanks! I will get around to making a legit plan that follows your format as I get a closer to our trip. It is my first trip to WDW in 15 years and the first trip I have planned myself, so it is very exciting, but also very stressful at this point. Once I narrow down what we want to leave for the party and what we hope to accomplish before, I will make a more concrete plan for our party hours.

For those of you that have attended a party previously, what is your day like in the morning/early afternoon? Our party is scheduled for Day 4 of a 5-day stay, AND we have Extra Magic Hours in the evening at MK the night before, which I'm sure we'll take advantage of. It feels like a day that we could rest up in the morning, take in a quick swim or the AoA Animation Class in the early afternoon, then take an early dinner at the CR and get ready to go (We're staying at the CR, so it's not a lot of worry about getting back to MK). Do many of you try to tackle the parks in the morning on party days?::MickeyMo

Wow, awesome tip! Thanks for the input. Getting super excited... Now that I've got a workable plan it's on to Phase 2. I'm making a homemade Disney themed escape room to surprise the kids we're going... can't wait!

Wow, this sounds incredibly fun will you adopt me?! I'm only 5'2" and can fit into tiny spaces :goodvibes

For those of you that have attended a party previously, what is your day like in the morning/early afternoon? Our party is scheduled for Day 4 of a 5-day stay, AND we have Extra Magic Hours in the evening at MK the night before, which I'm sure we'll take advantage of. It feels like a day that we could rest up in the morning, take in a quick swim or the AoA Animation Class in the early afternoon, then take an early dinner at the CR and get ready to go (We're staying at the CR, so it's not a lot of worry about getting back to MK). Do many of you try to tackle the parks in the morning on party days?::MickeyMo
I've never done the Halloween party, but we did the After Hours which is kind of the same thing. We slept in, went swimming, ate lunch over at AoA (staying at Pop), had an early dinner at Ohana, and then headed over to the MK. We had our 9 yo niece so we really wanted to make sure she was rested for that night. Even with a rest day she was still done by 11:30 pm.

It feels like a day that we could rest up in the morning, take in a quick swim or the AoA Animation Class in the early afternoon, then take an early dinner at the CR and get ready to go.

This sounds perfect! If you're staying out late at MK then absolutely sleep in the following day. You'll enjoy the party more when well rested. We typically visit MK after a late breakfast at our resort. We use our fastpasses and enjoy playing Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom and visiting attractions that aren't open during party hours. We typically leave the park around 2pm, have a late lunch, get dressed in our costumes and head out to the party.

I've never done the Halloween party, but we did the After Hours which is kind of the same thing.

I get a chuckle every time you say this! After you've attended MNSSHP you'll come to realize it's no where close to After Hours to the degree you'll be eating crow! :laughing:

upload_2018-4-26_22-49-29.png

:woohoo:

This sounds perfect! If you're staying out late at MK then absolutely sleep in the following day. You'll enjoy the party more when well rested. We typically visit MK after a late breakfast at our resort. We use our fastpasses and enjoy playing Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom and visiting attractions that aren't open during party hours. We typically leave the park around 2pm, have a late lunch, get dressed in our costumes and head out to the party.

And this sounds like a perfect plan, also. I did purchase a set of the playing cards for DD's birthday and she's showed interest in playing the game. And like I said, we're just as CR, so it's a quick hop back and forth if we went to MK for the morning. Thanks for the idea!::MickeyMo

Thanks! I will get around to making a legit plan that follows your format as I get a closer to our trip. It is my first trip to WDW in 15 years and the first trip I have planned myself, so it is very exciting, but also very stressful at this point. Once I narrow down what we want to leave for the party and what we hope to accomplish before, I will make a more concrete plan for our party hours.

You have a few months to narrow down FP's and create an itinerary for each day at the park. There is a lot to learn and understand when planning a trip to WDW no doubt and I'm sure you feel the pressure.

What do you remember from your last trip to WDW 15 years ago?

If I could recommend one piece of advice it would be separate MK park in half provided you have one full day set aside for it on your trip. Personally I would set aside two days for it, it's a big park. By dividing the park you'll have more time to fully immerse yourself in all the magic that's there without going back and forth and feeling rushed. You're paying a lot of money for this trip, get the most of it by slowing down to enjoy it.

upload_2018-4-26_23-32-36.png
;)

I just meant because they both start later in the day. Are you saying that because of the crowds?

I hope you realize I'm just messing with you because you're so much fun and enjoyable. :hug:

I was born on Oct 30th just one day shy of Halloween so my love for this holiday is absolute. Attending MNSSHP is my favorite, love it so much and it never gets old. The weather is perfect, the decorations are amazing I can even smell the popcorn popcorn::! What I love about this event is adults, teens and children get to dress up and go trick or treating together, there's no judgement just enjoyment for all ages. If an adult or teen came to your house on Halloween fully dressed most people would be a little creeped out but at WDW it's perfectly acceptable and should be. I'm getting excited about fall leaves, pumpkin pie, pumpkin Mickey waffles and the Boo-To-You Parade. You don't get this during After Hours nor do you get the fog and special effects, Madame Carlotta or the Headless Horseman. After Hours ends midnight and during the party Hocus Pocus is just getting started.

Halloween rocks and Disney does it like nobody's business to the degree there is no comparison. :dance3:< :laughing:

I hope you realize I'm just messing with you because you're so much fun and enjoyable. :hug:

I was born on Oct 30th just one day shy of Halloween so my love for this holiday is absolute. Attending MNSSHP is my favorite, love it so much and it never gets old. The weather is perfect, the decorations are amazing I can even smell the popcorn popcorn::! What I love about this event is adults, teens and children get to dress up and go trick or treating together, there's no judgement just enjoyment for all ages. If an adult or teen came to your house on Halloween fully dressed most people would be a little creeped out but at WDW it's perfectly acceptable and should be. I'm getting excited about fall leaves, pumpkin pie, pumpkin Mickey waffles and the Boo-To-You Parade. You don't get this during After Hours nor do you get the fog and special effects, Madame Carlotta or the Headless Horseman. After Hours ends midnight and during the party Hocus Pocus is just getting started.

Halloween rocks and Disney does it like nobody's business to the degree there is no comparison. :dance3:< :laughing:
I knew you were joking lol. It’s all good. I’m pretty excited for mnsshp but after hours is the only event we’ve ever done so I don’t have anything to compare it to. I will say though that it was an amazing experience.

I knew you were joking lol. It’s all good. I’m pretty excited for mnsshp but after hours is the only event we’ve ever done so I don’t have anything to compare it to. I will say though that it was an amazing experience.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it, zooming on & off rides with no wait and ice cream to cool you down! Oooh yeah - good time! :dogdance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter