“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

The churros are gluten free!!

I love that! They're really delicious, and such a novelty for me. And I love both sauces. Now that I've worked a little bit of dairy back into my life I can eat them with both sauces. I like each separately, but they're perfect mixed together!

IMG_Mar12020at83916PM.jpg

Cute!

She is a stubborn girl and got wet the last couple times and wasn’t having anything to do with it.

It's really a game of water roulette when you ride FEA. Sometimes not a drop, sometimes pretty damp. I always ride anyway, but I don't blame Andi.

It was time for SE. I love this ride and will really miss it as it gets a huge refurbishment! I hope it will be as awesome as its former self!

I agree! I love SE and I hope it's just even more wonderful after the refurb. Nathan and I were talking about who should narrate it on the day long long long down the road when they decide they need to replace Dame Judy Dench's voice. I voted for Kristin Bell, because I think she's got a great voice for narration, but he's not convinced.

Here is what the pin looks like and inside it John from COP is in there.

What a nice pin!

Andi put her pins on a cork board and they look so nice!
IMG_Mar12020at51144PM.jpg

Awesome! She's got a great collection going there, and they look great on her board!

a very loud family moved into the 1 bedroom next to us. Now, I don’t mind a little excitement and playing around but this was ridiculous. The kids were screaming at the top of their lungs, jumping on furniture, banging the furniture into the walls and pounding on our door, which was attached to their room. This was really bad. We went over and asked them to bring it down some and this did not work at all.

That's so disrespectful after you talked to them about it. Sorry that happened!

I again channeled Kari and tried the Applewood-smoked Bacon Flatbread. This has caramelized onion, gruyere and arugula. This was a winner. The flavors all went very well together.

Yummmmm. This sounds really good. Great combo of flavors.

Ugh that stinks about the people next door. I would be mortified if someone had to knock on my door to ask me to quiet down and would be quiet the rest of the time!

I saw a photo opportunity right as we walked in and we did this.
IMG_Mar12020at83556PM.jpg

Cute!

She is a stubborn girl and got wet the last couple times and wasn’t having anything to do with it. :guilty: I went on by myself and really enjoyed it. I think it is a very cute ride and I didn’t get wet!

That's so funny that she still won't go on it. I remember your TR when she got mad about getting wet! :rotfl2:

IMG_Mar12020at51144PM.jpg

Good idea! I have a box full of pins that I really need to display somehow.

As we turned to leave, we ran right into Molly! This was perfect timing. It was so nice to see her. We visited for a bit and made plans to meet up on Sunday. It was fun to see my roommate from the Epic trip!

How fun!

This did not happen because a very loud family moved into the 1 bedroom next to us. Now, I don’t mind a little excitement and playing around but this was ridiculous. The kids were screaming at the top of their lungs, jumping on furniture, banging the furniture into the walls and pounding on our door, which was attached to their room. This was really bad. We went over and asked them to bring it down some and this did not work at all.

What??? So rude >:( Good for you for speaking up even though they didn't listen. I don't understand why parents allow this sort of behavior. And even if they don't care about other people, don't they get annoyed by it?? That would make me crazy.

Andi had the buffalo style cauliflower. This is very good. Very nice flavor with a cool ranch dressing for dipping.
IMG_Mar12020at80718PM.jpg

Yum! I just made this for myself for the first time. It was good, but a little soft. That looks like it's got a little crunch on the outside.

We wandered around a little more but the park was actually closed now. Pictures before we left.
IMG_Mar12020at81147PM.jpg
I love empty park pictures ::yes::

I called the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. She was nice and agreed to come over and talk to the loud people.

I almost think I would ask to be moved. You shouldn't have to put up with that :sad2:

Epcot was our park of choice this morning. We didn’t rush this morning and made it to the park by 9am. Security was a breeze in the no bag line, yay! I saw a photo opportunity right as we walked in and we did this.
Such a cute picture!
We headed back to the Future World area since WS wasn’t open yet. It was time for SE. I love this ride and will really miss it as it gets a huge refurbishment! I hope it will be as awesome as its former self!
I am going to miss SE so much!
Here is what the pin looks like and inside it John from COP is in there. Andi also got the Space Mountain pin.
I had my Disney shopper pick up the C0P pin for me and I love it!
They look great!
The vegetable gyoza was next on the list. This was vegetable and edamame filled dumpling. The dumpling sat on truffle mashed potatoes and a shiitake mushroom. These little dumplings were deliciously flavorful. The potatoes and mushroom tasted good except they could have been warmer. I could have just had a plate of the goyza and been really happy with this. Sadly, we never got back for more, I was hoping to.
This looks delicious!
As we turned to leave, we ran right into Molly! This was perfect timing. It was so nice to see her. We visited for a bit and made plans to meet up on Sunday. It was fun to see my roommate from the Epic trip!
Fun!
This did not happen because a very loud family moved into the 1 bedroom next to us. Now, I don’t mind a little excitement and playing around but this was ridiculous. The kids were screaming at the top of their lungs, jumping on furniture, banging the furniture into the walls and pounding on our door, which was attached to their room. This was really bad. We went over and asked them to bring it down some and this did not work at all. We decided to just leave, we couldn’t take it and there was no way we would get a nap in today. This was really frustrating to both of us. We cherish our afternoon chill time and that was impossible now.
Oh my gosh, I would have been livid! Did they apologize at least? What is with some people and their sense of entitlement?? I am so sorry that happened to you.
I again channeled Kari and tried the Applewood-smoked Bacon Flatbread. This has caramelized onion, gruyere and arugula. This was a winner. The flavors all went very well together. The arugula added a nice pepper crunch. I loved this, yummy 🤤
This looks so good and is something I would really enjoy as well.
It was a packed boat. I had made a 4th FP for TSMM. I also thought it was an EMH night. Unfortunately, I looked at the date wrong and it was not. We did have fun in TSL. It really wasn’t to busy. I think most people were getting spots for the fireworks. We rode TSMM twice and AS2 1x.
Glad you had fun at HS!
We went back to the room and the noise was still unbearable. Andi went for a walk because she couldn’t take it. I called the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. She was nice and agreed to come over and talk to the loud people. It was already after 10pm and we had an early morning at HS the next day and really wanted to settle in and sleep. Around 11pm it was quieter, thank goodness! I didn’t sleep very well because of all this. I was traumatized! :crazy2: :sad: Wake up was going to be early at 5:15.
I hope that family got the message and were more respectful after the manager coming to speak to them. Looking forward to hearing all about Rise!

Looking at you Jenny, haha 😂
I still get sweaty every time I ride it. LOL!

We rode Dinosaur and our picture didn’t show up this time
Funny story...During DAH at AK Joe's face was covered by a tree in EVERY Dinosaur picture. LOL!

As we turned to leave, we ran right into Molly!
You must have ran into her right before/after we left her...I can't remember if she rode with us to AK or met us there. I think she met us there...

We sat down at Woody’s Lunchbox and tried the seasonal blueberry lemon tart. This was really good. We do like the “pop tarts” here.
YES! This is sooooooo good!

Oh my...not only did I miss the start of your new TR but I got 14 pages behind.
Just letting you know I signed up and got up to date.
Wanted to pass on my condolences for your father's passing.

I have never tried a dessert party but I have seen so many good reviews, it really makes me want to try one.
That breakfast at Topolino's looks great, and the characters are fantastic.

I could only get 1 for our March trip, which I am thankful for
I bet. Tough one.
I really was, it was a lovely evening
:goodvibes
Very cool! It is a little eerie listening to the 🦁
::yes:: I think it strikes a chord somewhere deep down in the human psyche.
Best churros I have ever had!
Really! Wow!
Frozen was our first ride and Andi refused to go on. 😟
Well... poop!
It was time for SE. I love this ride and will really miss it as it gets a huge refurbishment! I hope it will be as awesome as its former self!
I do too. I wonder if they'll change the soundtrack? Will the Phoenicians be un-thanked???
Yes it does!
Now it was time for Andi and I to try a few snacks from FArts🤣
:laughing:
We decided to try the plant based bratwurst at the outpost. It had a spicy turmeric aioli, coffee barbecue jackfruit and slaw. We both enjoyed this. I thought the flavors all worked well together.
Sounds pretty good. :)
stopped in America for the Musical Float. This was a layered strawberry, Lemonade, and Blu Raspberry slushy with vanilla ice cream and a white chocolate decoration.
But that sound yummy!!!
The vegetable gyoza was next on the list.
It doesn't look appetizing... but your description makes it sound like it tasted pretty good. :)
Crush is such a dude!!
:lmao:
As we were walking towards the Gateway, we stopped to watch an amazing musician. He played the Harp with a real modern flare. He was mesmerizing to watch!
Really! A harp player! Huh!
As we turned to leave, we ran right into Molly!
Poor thing. Did you knock her over?

:rolleyes:
This did not happen because a very loud family moved into the 1 bedroom next to us.
Ugh! I've had that. Not pleasant at all.
We went over and asked them to bring it down some and this did not work at all.
:sad2:
Despise people like that. Guess what? You're not the only people in the Universe! Go be loud by the pool. Away from people relaxing on the loungers... preferably in the deep end... and hopefully you can't swim.
Cool shot. :)
we ended up playing ping pong for a little while. Spoiler, we both suck at it. Haha 😂
:laughing:
We did have a small two-top right next to a family of 4. They were finishing up and left shortly after we sat down.
Phew! I thought it was going to be a repeat of the room!
We had a very nice waitress, she was earning her ears! She was attentive just enough if you know what I mean.
::yes::

Attentive without being disruptive.
We did have fun in TSL. It really wasn’t to busy. I think most people were getting spots for the fireworks. We rode TSMM twice and AS2 1x.
Nice! 2 times on TSMM. Not bad.
We sat down at Woody’s Lunchbox and tried the seasonal blueberry lemon tart. This was really good. We do like the “pop tarts” here.
Oh! I've not really heard any reviews of the "pop tarts"... and not bothered. Maybe I'll have to try one.
We went back to the room and the noise was still unbearable. Andi went for a walk because she couldn’t take it.
:(
Not cool.
I didn’t sleep very well because of all this. I was traumatized! :crazy2: :sad: Wake up was going to be early at 5:15.
:( I'm sorry to hear that. I hope either they left, or you changed rooms, or at least they quieted down. I sure hope you banged on their door at 5:15. I'm positive they wouldn't mind.

Frozen was our first ride and Andi refused to go on. 😟 She is a stubborn girl and got wet the last couple times and wasn’t having anything to do with it.

Ha ha, my friend's kids have similar feelings about that ride but they're, you know, kids :rotfl2:

Our mission was to try the vegetarian options.

Disney did such a good job with vegetarian options. All of your snacks sound delicious!

The kids were screaming at the top of their lungs, jumping on furniture, banging the furniture into the walls and pounding on our door, which was attached to their room.

This is inexcusable, especially after you went and said something so they knew you were using your room at the time. I have energetic kids but that's what fresh air is for. If they start getting rammy in the room, get them outside!

We went back to the room and the noise was still unbearable. Andi went for a walk because she couldn’t take it. I called the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. She was nice and agreed to come over and talk to the loud people. It was already after 10pm and we had an early morning at HS the next day and really wanted to settle in and sleep.

Some people can be so rude! Making that kind of ruckus after dark is so inconsiderate to all of the other guests.

Sounds like a very nice night at AK! Followed by a nice morning at Epcot!

UGH I'm so sorry you received crappy new neighbors! So rude! And disappointing that you couldn't get any relaxing done :(

Sounds like a nice dinner and night at DHS. Bummer that it didn't end up being an EMH night!

I can't believe your neighbors were STILL being so noisy! Good call letting the management know.

In line, we started talking to a family. This was there first ride and the little girl was scared. I told her how much I like it and I am a true ride chicken. We told her to close her eyes if something wasn’t to her liking. Her mom was worried about motion sickness. I told her it helps to focus on one thing if she has a problem. I was going to tell her, one of my Dis friends rode it and she is a huge chicken!! Looking at you Jenny, haha 😂 We had a wonderful ride and the mom and daughter loved it! A few scenes were a little intense per mom but overall, they said it was amazing!
I'm glad that you were able to help calm their nerves and that they enjoyed it!
It was Safari time and it was getting dark out, more like the golden hour, we could still see fine, however, the Safari was a little boring this time around. We didn’t see to many animals. The elephants and zebras were not out at all. Just when I was thinking, this Safari is not to exciting, the lions started roaring! It was so cool! They were really active and the male was really making so much noise. It was a first for us! I’m really glad we experienced this.
Kind of surprised the other animals weren't as active. I thought that they were a bit more active that time of day. Really cool about the lion though!
We had to get the awesome house made churros. These are amazing. Try them if you can!! So delicious with the two sauces. A vanilla cream and chili strawberry one. Yummy!
I didn't know the churros were a thing there. They look good though!
This was a nice relaxing evening, it is always a delightful time at AK.
::yes::
The park was now closed and we paid our bill and headed out. It is nice to walk out of a quiet park, doesn’t happen much.
I'm glad you got in just before the restaurant closed so that you could enjoy a nice relaxed end to the evening like that.
Security was a breeze in the no bag line, yay!
I miss my days at the no bag line...
She is a stubborn girl and got wet the last couple times and wasn’t having anything to do with it. :guilty: I went on by myself and really enjoyed it. I think it is a very cute ride and I didn’t get wet
And so you took her band and rode twice??? No???
Now it was time for Andi and I to try a few snacks from FArts🤣
:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:
Andi and I took a nice ride in the sky. We made the circle to HS, it was fun and relaxing. Once we landed at HS, we didn’t go in the park at this time. We went to OKW bus stop and headed back to the resort for a rest.
Hadn't thought about it, but that's probably less walking and just about as quick as going to the front of the park.
This did not happen because a very loud family moved into the 1 bedroom next to us. Now, I don’t mind a little excitement and playing around but this was ridiculous. The kids were screaming at the top of their lungs, jumping on furniture, banging the furniture into the walls and pounding on our door, which was attached to their room. This was really bad. We went over and asked them to bring it down some and this did not work at all. We decided to just leave, we couldn’t take it and there was no way we would get a nap in today. This was really frustrating to both of us. We cherish our afternoon chill time and that was impossible now.
Uh oh...
Neither one of us were that hungry so we ordered off the appetizer menu. Andi had the buffalo style cauliflower. This is very good. Very nice flavor with a cool ranch dressing for dipping.
Not a fan of cauliflower, but that looks kind of interesting...
We had a very nice waitress, she was earning her ears! She was attentive just enough if you know what I mean.
That's great... and yes, I know what you mean. It's a fine line between attentive and overbearing.
We did have fun in TSL. It really wasn’t to busy. I think most people were getting spots for the fireworks. We rode TSMM twice and AS2 1x.
That's great! Good use of your evening if you couldn't be in the room resting.
We went back to the room and the noise was still unbearable. Andi went for a walk because she couldn’t take it. I called the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. She was nice and agreed to come over and talk to the loud people. It was already after 10pm and we had an early morning at HS the next day and really wanted to settle in and sleep. Around 11pm it was quieter, thank goodness! I didn’t sleep very well because of all this. I was traumatized! :crazy2: :sad: Wake up was going to be early at 5:15.
That's really frustrating. Sorry you had to deal with the lack of sleep due to other guests.

I'm all caught up! Sorry I fell several updates behind.

How unfortunate that the family next door couldn't keep quiet! Those afternoon breaks really make a difference, and you shouldn't have to give them up because others are being rowdy.

The blueberry/lemon "pop-tart" looks really good, as did your Festival foods. I really like seeing your daily tally spent on food. I'm in early works planning a mom/daughter WDW trip, and food costs is the one thing my mom's trying to figure out. I feel like you and Andi's food choices match mine, and so your tallies are a good comparison.

love that! They're really delicious, and such a novelty for me. And I love both sauces. Now that I've worked a little bit of dairy back into my life I can eat them with both sauces. I like each separately, but they're perfect mixed together!
I love the sauces and they are so good together!
It's really a game of water roulette when you ride FEA. Sometimes not a drop, sometimes pretty damp. I always ride anyway, but I don't blame Andi.
Yes! Andi doesn’t want to risk it I guess :hyper:
I voted for Kristin Bell, because I think she's got a great voice for narration, but he's not convinced.
That is a tough one, I am so use to Dame Judy, hard to imagine someone else!
What a nice pin!
It is nice to see a cool CoP pin!
Awesome! She's got a great collection going there, and they look great on her board!
I give her credit, she use to wear all those pins in the parks, so heavy!
That's so disrespectful after you talked to them about it. Sorry that happened!
These parents were totally defeated, they just didn’t care and gave up
Yummmmm. This sounds really good. Great combo of flavors.
This was a delicious pizza and different!

That's so funny that she still won't go on it. I remember your TR when she got mad about getting wet!
The kid holds a grudge :rotfl:
Good idea! I have a box full of pins that I really need to display somehow.
So did Andi, she had a box full, to many to wear now! They all have meaning to her and she doesn’t trade.
It was really cool to bump into Molly!
What??? So rude :( Good for you for speaking up even though they didn't listen. I don't understand why parents allow this sort of behavior. And even if they don't care about other people, don't they get annoyed by it?? That would make me crazy.
It was awful. I have never heard such loud and unruly children carry on nonstop!! It made us both so anxious, we couldn’t believe how bad it was!
Yum! I just made this for myself for the first time. It was good, but a little soft. That looks like it's got a little crunch on the outside.
It is really good and it does have a little crunch!
I love empty park pictures ::yes::
This was the quietest TSL I have ever seen
I almost think I would ask to be moved. You shouldn't have to put up with that
We tried to get moved several times and they said there was nothing open because of MLK weekend. We even asked for anywhere in WDW and were told nothing was available! Not sure if I totally believe that! We were desperate.

Such a cute picture!
Thank you!
am going to miss SE so much!
Ahh it is a true favorite of mine and will be missed!
I had my Disney shopper pick up the C0P pin for me and I love it!
It took us forever to find the pins. We kept getting the wrong info from the CM’s, no one knew about them, it was strange. Glad we found them!
They look great!
The cork board was a good idea!
This looks delicious!
The vegetable dumplings were so good!
Oh my gosh, I would have been livid! Did they apologize at least? What is with some people and their sense of entitlement?? I am so sorry that happened to you.
They were just defeated and didn’t really care. It was stressful!
This looks so good and is something I would really enjoy as well.
This pizza was very good and something different
Glad you had fun at HS!
We didn’t want to leave!
I hope that family got the message and were more respectful after the manager coming to speak to them. Looking forward to hearing all about Rise
It did get quiet around 11pm and we left early. I was tempted to be really loud At 5am. :lmao:

I still get sweaty every time I ride it. LOL!
Funny! :hyper:
Funny story...During DAH at AK Joe's face was covered by a tree in EVERY Dinosaur picture. LOL!
Andi’s face was covered by that same tree a couple times and she didn’t like it! Haha 🤣
You must have ran into her right before/after we left her...I can't remember if she rode with us to AK or met us there. I think she met us there...
I do think she was heading to meet you all or had just been with you guys!
YES! This is sooooooo good!
We do enjoy the pop tart treats there!

I have never tried a dessert party but I have seen so many good reviews, it really makes me want to try one.
Hi Jeff, Thanks for joining. I hope your job is going okay!
Thank you for the condolences, it sure is an adjustment
I loved the sit down dessert party at MK, it really was worth it in my opinion!
The characters at Topolino’s were so cute! Such a wonderful experience

Hi Jeff, Thanks for joining. I hope your job is going okay!
Thank you for the condolences, it sure is an adjustment
I loved the sit down dessert party at MK, it really was worth it in my opinion!
The characters at Topolino’s were so cute! Such a wonderful experience

I bet. Tough one.
FoP and SDD are still hard to get especially if it is earlier in your trip!
think it strikes a chord somewhere deep down in the human psyche.
Good way to describe it, very cool
I do too. I wonder if they'll change the soundtrack? Will the Phoenicians be un-thanked???
:rotfl: We best be thankin those Phoenicians haha 🤣
Sounds pretty good.
I was surprised how much the jack fruit tasted like bbq pork
But that sound yummy!!!
The slushy ice cream combo was delicious 😋
It doesn't look appetizing... but your description makes it sound like it tasted pretty good.
They tasted very yummy!
Really! A harp player! Huh!
He was amazing!
Poor thing. Did you knock her over?
We really almost bumped into each other, it was so nice to say hi 👋
Ugh! I've had that. Not pleasant at all.
It was terrible and stressful! So loud!
Despise people like that. Guess what? You're not the only people in the Universe! Go be loud by the pool. Away from people relaxing on the loungers... preferably in the deep end... and hopefully you can't swim.
We kept saying take those wild loud kids to the pool to each other. They didn’t.
Phew! I thought it was going to be a repeat of the room!
No just really close quarters
Nice! 2 times on TSMM. Not bad.
It was fun, notice how I ride this for Andi all the time and she won’t even ride FEA with me, ungrateful haha 🤣
Oh! I've not really heard any reviews of the "pop tarts"... and not bothered. Maybe I'll have to try one.
These are good we have had them a couple other times, the raspberry one is very good.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope either they left, or you changed rooms, or at least they quieted down. I sure hope you banged on their door at 5:15. I'm positive they wouldn't mind.
I so wanted to scream and bang on the door at 5:15!

Ha ha, my friend's kids have similar feelings about that ride but they're, you know, kids
Andi holds a grudge, she is also bitter about the commercialism of Norway with Frozen! Not me I like the ride!
Disney did such a good job with vegetarian options. All of your snacks sound delicious!
Each time we go there are more vegetarian choices!
This is inexcusable, especially after you went and said something so they knew you were using your room at the time. I have energetic kids but that's what fresh air is for. If they start getting rammy in the room, get them outside!
It was so bad. I have never had such loud annoying neighbors in all our trips. I wish I would have recorded it on my phone it was that bad!
Some people can be so rude! Making that kind of ruckus after dark is so inconsiderate to all of the other guests.
The parents seemed quite defeated, they gave up even trying to stop it. Yikes!
Sounds like a very nice night at AK! Followed by a nice morning at Epcot!
It was so nice
UGH I'm so sorry you received crappy new neighbors! So rude! And disappointing that you couldn't get any relaxing done
Terrible!
Sounds like a nice dinner and night at DHS. Bummer that it didn't end up being an EMH night!
We really wanted to stay in the park for EMH it was a bummer
can't believe your neighbors were STILL being so noisy! Good call letting the management know.
It was so stressful knowing we needed to get to sleep!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter