“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Glad to hear you got your COVID vaccine. Any side effects?

My hospital has been giving them but I'm hesitant to get it while breast feeding even though they say it's ok. Since I'm on maternity leave now anyway, I'm not sure if they'd even let me make an appointment to get it right now.
Thanks Courtney! No side effects really, a tad achy the first 24 hours. I am so happy to have received it and look forward to the booster and 7 days after that to have the immunity for this awful virus!
Enjoy your maternity leave. I took 6 months off after Andi and it was wonderful!

Hi Caroline!

Finally able to have a day off (due to the side efftects of my vaccine, so not feeling great) and just read TRs. Been MONTHS since I"ve been able to. I"m so sorry you had to cancel, but everyone has their comfort level and other factors that play into our decisions. I super wished it'd worked out for us to hang out in January, but I went ahead and booked when Kari will down there the first week of February. It'll be nice to get back there even with all of the changes and scaled back experiences. Keep up the good work; I know how exhausting it is.

Hi Caroline! I’m never on this board as I spend all my time in the Disneyland forum since I live in CA. But I’m considering a future trip to WDW and somehow stumbled upon your trip report and got sucked in!!! You’re so entertaining and hearing about your adventures with your daughter was so fun.

you certainly have a lot of friends and fans, and after this I am definitely part of the latter!

I’m a nurse too, I got my 2nd Pfizer vaccine on Monday. It’s a step closer to normalcy.

looking forward to future trip reports from you ❤️

Hi Caroline!

Finally able to have a day off (due to the side efftects of my vaccine, so not feeling great) and just read TRs. Been MONTHS since I"ve been able to. I"m so sorry you had to cancel, but everyone has their comfort level and other factors that play into our decisions. I super wished it'd worked out for us to hang out in January, but I went ahead and booked when Kari will down there the first week of February. It'll be nice to get back there even with all of the changes and scaled back experiences. Keep up the good work; I know how exhausting it is.
Hey Liesa nice to hear from you this month! I hope you have an awesome trip! I am Hopeful to travel at some point this year!
Let’s keep in touch and I will be reading all about your trip!

Hi Caroline! I’m never on this board as I spend all my time in the Disneyland forum since I live in CA. But I’m considering a future trip to WDW and somehow stumbled upon your trip report and got sucked in!!! You’re so entertaining and hearing about your adventures with your daughter was so fun.

you certainly have a lot of friends and fans, and after this I am definitely part of the latter!

I’m a nurse too, I got my 2nd Pfizer vaccine on Monday. It’s a step closer to normalcy.

looking forward to future trip reports from you ❤
Hello! So nice to meet you. I am glad you enjoyed the trip report! It is hard to believe it has been a year since we have been to our happy place! I am grateful I did 5 trips between January 2019 to January 2020.
Andi and I love our Disney trips!
Thank you so much for following along, I hope you get to WDW on that future trip! I hope I do too
I am getting my 2nd Pfizer vaccine today!
Take care and thanks for being a nurse and fighting this battle and all the others we do as nurses! ❤️

I am getting my 2nd Pfizer vaccine today!
Take care and thanks for being a nurse and fighting this battle and all the others we do as nurses! ❤
I'm so glad to hear you will be fully vaccinated after today. Hats off to all you nurses for all the work you do. I used to be one many moons ago and I still miss it some days but this pandemic has been so horrendously tough on you all and I am so grateful to you :worship:
I hope you get some trips in soon. You
deserve to for sure :goodvibes

I'm so glad to hear you will be fully vaccinated after today. Hats off to all you nurses for all the work you do. I used to be one many moons ago and I still miss it some days but this pandemic has been so horrendously tough on you all and I am so grateful to you :worship:
I hope you get some trips in soon. You
deserve to for sur
Thank you tons, how sweet of you! I feel the same for you, thanks for being a nurse 👩‍⚕️ it is a tough job at times, very rewarding as well!

Hello Everyone

I hope this post finds everyone safe and healthy. I had my 2nd vaccine yesterday and I feel a bit punky today. The best way to describe it is like a really bad hangover 😵 except I didn’t get to enjoy partying the night before. 🍸🍺. Even feeling a bit yuck, I am so glad I had the vaccine and encourage everyone to do so when you are able.

Andi and I decided to postpone our January trip and we had our wonderful TA move it to June. We will still be at the Yacht Club with an AP discount. I am sad to miss The FArts at Epcot. Here we are enjoying the festival last January, without a virus care in the world!

I will focus on our March trip now. Our dates start on 3/18-3/20 at Royal Pacific Resort at Universal. I bought the 2 day park to park tickets that gave you an additional 3 days! Great deal. I will immediately turn these tickets into Universal AP’s for us. We will be first time AP holders at Universal! Yay!

I want to get my favorite Macarons from Toothsomes and the delicious donuts from Vodoo.

We will ride Hagrid’s Magical coaster for the first time and enjoy having the express pass. I love having the express pass so staying at a deluxe there is a must for us. The price for a standard room with the AP discount was very reasonable.

The second part of our trip is 3/20-3/27 at Gran Destino tower with a lake view room. This was a great deal with the AP rate. We love this resort! We stayed in January of last year and it has a deluxe feel with a more moderate price. The lake view!

I have a park pass for each day and we will park hop as much as we can. We love park hopping. Andi does not like the wait times she is seeing in the parks right now and we both really miss fast passes. I hope these come back soon.

I keep moving our same dining from each canceled trip to the next one. My plans will be for mostly all outdoor dining. We want to try Wine Bar George, City Works, Rose and Crown, Nomads Lounge, Geyser Point, and La Hacienda to name a few.

We will spend the morning of the 20th at Universal before moving over to Disney. I have Epcot as our first park. It will be a Saturday during Flower and Garden so it will probably be busy. We may just take in the sights and not do to much in World Showcase. It will be so nice to just be there.

Our second day will be at DAK, my plan is to park hop to MK or DHS in the later afternoon. We will probably eat at Satu’li or Nomad for lunch 🥗 Dinner will probably be a Ronto Roaster or Totchos at Woody’s.

Day 3 is MK day and probably a park hop to Epcot in the evening for dinner.

Day 4 is DHS day, we will try for a Rise boarding pass and head to DS in the evening for dinner and to check out Gideon’s bakery. They have a cookie hour from 7-8pm and this sounds fun.

Day 5 is MK day with a park hop for sure, maybe AK for a few hours in the afternoon and then back to MK

Day 6 is Epcot, we will sample Flower and Garden treats and spend time in WS, maybe Remy’s ride will be open!

Day 7 is DHS, again we will try for a Rise boarding pass and maybe sample some adult beverages at Baseline Tap house. DS in the evening again for dinner.

Day 8 is AK, check out day. I don’t have flights yet, hoping for early flight to Orlando and later flight home. I do have Delta credits and SW credits for flights!

That is the March trip in a condensed version. I sure hope we get to do this one!

Stay safe everyone and enjoy your weekend!

I will focus on our March trip now. Our dates start on 3/18-3/20 at Royal Pacific Resort at Universal. I bought the 2 day park to park tickets that gave you an additional 3 days! Great deal. I will immediately turn these tickets into Universal AP’s for us. We will be first time AP holders at Universal! Yay!

I'd do EXACTLY that in a heartbeat! I loved the pool at the Royal so much!

We will ride Hagrid’s Magical coaster for the first time and enjoy having the express pass.

You will LOVE it!! Sooooo good!

I have a park pass for each day and we will park hop as much as we can. We love park hopping. Andi does not like the wait times she is seeing in the parks right now and we both really miss fast passes. I hope these come back soon.
I personally am loving that they added park hours for my trip. Hopefully that cuts down the wait times too.

Even feeling a bit yuck, I am so glad I had the vaccine and encourage everyone to do so when you are able.
Congrats! I just registered for mine here in New Jersey. My grouping isn't quiet yet, but I feel good knowing I am on the list. I am ready to get this show on the road!

Andi and I decided to postpone our January trip and we had our wonderful TA move it to June.
June will be good too! We are missing our annual February Trip and I am feeling the sadness lately. At least you have March to look forward to.

I am with Andi! The waits are rough right now! And the fact that the lines are outside of the ques also is not idea if it is hot out. Going in June might help with this... Maybe things will change by then. Park hopping will def help with getting to outdoor restaurants.

inner will probably be a Ronto Roaster or Totchos at Woody’s.
Yum to both!!!!!

Hello Everyone
:wave:
I had my 2nd vaccine yesterday and I feel a bit punky today. The best way to describe it is like a really bad hangover 😵 except I didn’t get to enjoy partying the night before.
Sorry you're not feeling well (although your description made me laugh), but very happy for you that you're fully vaccinated.
Even feeling a bit yuck, I am so glad I had the vaccine and encourage everyone to do so when you are able.
I can't wait!
(Although now I'm not looking forward to the yucky feeling part of it.)
Andi and I decided to postpone our January trip and we had our wonderful TA move it to June.
Hope that works out well for you.
The lake view!
Beautiful view!

Hello Everyone

View attachment 550545

I hope this post finds everyone safe and healthy. I had my 2nd vaccine yesterday and I feel a bit punky today. The best way to describe it is like a really bad hangover 😵 except I didn’t get to enjoy partying the night before. 🍸🍺. Even feeling a bit yuck, I am so glad I had the vaccine and encourage everyone to do so when you are able.
View attachment 550554

Andi and I decided to postpone our January trip and we had our wonderful TA move it to June. We will still be at the Yacht Club with an AP discount. I am sad to miss The FArts at Epcot. Here we are enjoying the festival last January, without a virus care in the world!

View attachment 550552
View attachment 550553

I want to get my favorite Macarons from Toothsomes and the delicious donuts from Vodoo.
View attachment 550546
View attachment 550550

We will ride Hagrid’s Magical coaster for the first time and enjoy having the express pass. I love having the express pass so staying at a deluxe there is a must for us. The price for a standard room with the AP discount was very reasonable.

The second part of our trip is 3/20-3/27 at Gran Destino tower with a lake view room. This was a great deal with the AP rate. We love this resort! We stayed in January of last year and it has a deluxe feel with a more moderate price. The lake view!
View attachment 550551

I keep moving our same dining from each canceled trip to the next one. My plans will be for mostly all outdoor dining. We want to try Wine Bar George, City Works, Rose and Crown, Nomads Lounge, Geyser Point, and La Hacienda to name a few.

We will spend the morning of the 20th at Universal before moving over to Disney. I have Epcot as our first park. It will be a Saturday during Flower and Garden so it will probably be busy. We may just take in the sights and not do to much in World Showcase. It will be so nice to just be there.

Our second day will be at DAK, my plan is to park hop to MK or DHS in the later afternoon. We will probably eat at Satu’li or Nomad for lunch 🥗 Dinner will probably be a Ronto Roaster or Totchos at Woody’s.

View attachment 550556

Day 3 is MK day and probably a park hop to Epcot in the evening for dinner.
View attachment 550555

Day 4 is DHS day, we will try for a Rise boarding pass and head to DS in the evening for dinner and to check out Gideon’s bakery. They have a cookie hour from 7-8pm and this sounds fun.

View attachment 550557

Day 5 is MK day with a park hop for sure, maybe AK for a few hours in the afternoon and then back to MK

Day 6 is Epcot, we will sample Flower and Garden treats and spend time in WS, maybe Remy’s ride will be open!

Day 7 is DHS, again we will try for a Rise boarding pass and maybe sample some adult beverages at Baseline Tap house. DS in the evening again for dinner.

Day 8 is AK, check out day. I don’t have flights yet, hoping for early flight to Orlando and later flight home. I do have Delta credits and SW credits for flights!

That is the March trip in a condensed version. I sure hope we get to do this one!

Stay safe everyone and enjoy your weekend!
Hi Caroline! Your plans sound great! :flower1: It will be so nice to have Park Hopping back when you go. It seems that every month, more options open up for the guests. I hope you and Andi have an amazing time! You deserve it!

(And I am so glad you had the opportunity to get the vaccine! Most of the ER staff where I work have had their second shots, but now, the people who resisted getting the vaccine for various reasons, are all coming down with Covid-19. We don't have herd immunity yet!) :worried:

Hi Caroline! So nice to hear from you with an an update! I am very happy to hear that you have received both doses of the vaccine....that is excellent news! I am hoping for mine this spring as I am in tier two as school staff. Can't wait!
Beautiful! Jack and I are doing one night at Gran Destino before the DVC portion of our trip. I moved our dates up to August 7-15 just in case we still have to quarantine upon return.
Your plans sound great and I really hope they come to fruition!

Sounds like a fun trip, Caroline!

And congrats on getting your second vaccine! :cool1: I got mine last week and about 16 hours after I got it I got a fever (102.5) and chills and felt really awful:crazy2: But I felt batter about 12 hours after that and I'm so thankful I got it!

I am so glad to hear you've had the vaccine! :thumbsup2

It will be so nice to just be there.
Absolutely. Just to be driving through the Disney gates and be on property will be such a treat. It's been nearly a year to the day since I've been and I miss it so much :sad: I am so hoping your March trip will be everything you are hoping for and more. Can't wait to hear more about it as it gets closer! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter