09/08-09/12 Old Key West

daisydog2

Mouseketeer
got back a couple of weeks ago from our stay at OKW. We have never stayed there before. We had asked at check in if we could be moved closer to the hospitality house, and the request couldn't be met. In the end, we loved our Villa. We were in building 44.It was quiet and not far from a bus stop. It really wasn't very far to walk to the hospitality house either.
My biggest let down was at the Magic Kingdom.. We purchased tickets to the Nite of Joy. Along with those tickets, we received a free park day and a day at one of the water parks. The park ticket could only be used on Saturday the 12th...
A little history, we almost always go at this time of year to either go to the concerts or because it is usually a low attendance time. We have been able to get off one ride and back on again, it was great.
Not so much this time. I didn;t put two and two together and realize that our park day was a weekend... It was super crowded... No one's fault, just not quite the vacation I was hoping for.
Our home resort is Saratoga Springs, and we love it there. We would go to Downtown Disney every night for snacks or just people watching... We decided on our way home that we are not a fan of Disney Springs.. Too much going on, too many people....
I think we will just save our points to rent and take a cruise instead.. We have one planned in March, hopefully that helps bring us back to the love we've always had for Disney......

Glad you enjoyed your stay at OKW (my home resort). Sorry for your disappointment in how your September vacation turned out. A bummer to think you will have the park to yourself and then experience big crowds. Sending you a little pixie dust to improve your attitude.

Thank you for the Pixie dust.. It's just more of what we anticipated and what the reality turned out to be.. We know, we are extremely blessed to even take vacations like this... I guess you can say we were selfishly disappointed.. But I do have a new fondness for OKW and I'm sure we'll return to that resort again....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter