09/18/11 - DVCers Take Over the Dream (S.S. Member Cruise 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's getting closer to a sell out. As of the 3:15pm Eastern Update, only Cat 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D & 5A are available.

Oops. I goofed!

Asked for a room "port side" -- thinking we pulled INTO Castaway Cay and since we'd be there for 2 days, I'd enjoy some private time on our verandah, overlooking the island. Ahhhhhh ....

Guess I was wrong! DS10 says we BACK into the port at CC. He has a photographic memory, so I'm tempted to believe him! :lmao: I knew the dock was on the right side when you disembark, but thought we pulled in 'cuz I remember seeing Goofy painting on the Magic and thought I remembered seeing him from the ground at CC. So I asked for a room on the left side. I guess all these years, Goofy has been painting on the backside - and here, all this time, I thought it was the front! :rolleyes:

Oh well. I'm just happy to be onboard. Still ... wishing I wasn't gonna be looking at the ocean. I told my DH they'll just have to ride the Banana Boat by so I can see 'em on the ground, from my perch! :banana:

Drats! Oh well, I'll know better next time.

Maybe the 20th Anniversary gifts will more than make up for it! :rotfl:

Since we make 2 stops at Castaway Cay, they will dock the boat differently each time (weather permitting & captains okay). This way both sides of the ship will get an island view.

For those of you not able to book yet, if you're willing to pay just a little bit extra you can book it online through DCL....look! (This is REALLY what is showing on DCL website!)

I saw that! What a hoot!:rotfl2:

The DH, DS16 and DS14 (ages at time of sailing) and I will be in 8568.

I've heard there aren't as many kids on the Member Cruises. Any other teens out there booked yet?

Pre Cruise Stays: Cabin 8568 on the Disney Dream 9/15 Cruise :goodvibes

I'm so excited this all worked out! It took 6+ hours to get it booked!

Since we make 2 stops at Castaway Cay, they will dock the boat differently each time (weather permitting & captains okay). This way both sides of the ship will get an island view.

OH! AWESOME!!!!!!! How wonderful (for everyone!)! Thanks for making my day! :yay:

I've heard there aren't as many kids on the Member Cruises. Any other teens out there booked yet?

Cool ....... We are on the 9/15 Dream Cruise also Cabin 10552 both sailings .....................:banana::banana:

Hi Everybody,

We just got confirmed too. My DH and I have sailed on one other member cruise with our kids back in 2005 but have done the Med in 2007 and just did the Northern Baltics this year. Carol Ann, I believe you and Crissup were on our Med cruise mid-July 2007.

We will be in a 5B Stateroom #8066. DH said hey, this is only our second time with a verandah on DCL. :cool1:

Thanks for all the great info that is already on page 1. Can't wait to change my signature logo. Will try and check back often on the disboards to get to know you all. We will probably do the fish extender exchange. We did it on the Baltic cruise and really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. :grouphug:

all right!! newbies from Canada - our first member cruise - we are very excited!! (9yrold son says we're stoked!). staying in rm 9598

Cool ....... We are on the 9/15 Dream Cruise also Cabin 10552 both sailings .....................:banana::banana:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 If we don't see you before, I guess we'll see you when we have to go back through customs! I'm soooo looking forward to this! The B2B will be our first time cruising! :scared1:

We have looked at the 3 day before the Member cruise and are considering it. We thought it would be simpler to book this then go back to DCL and see if we could get the same Cabin on the 3 day before. We might do that instead of staying at WDW the three days afterwards sicne we have to be back in Indiana for a wedding that weekend after the cruise.

Just so everyone is aware Ihave the base part of the 2011 Website up. I will be making some modifications to it over the nxt week to get everything ready based on the new ship. Please be patient with me......:goodvibes

Congrats to everyone that got on! Went on the SSMC09 and had a blast.

:surfweb:

We have looked at the 3 day before the Member cruise and are considering it. We thought it would be simpler to book this then go back to DCL and see if we could get the same Cabin on the 3 day before. We might do that instead of staying at WDW the three days afterwards sicne we have to be back in Indiana for a wedding that weekend after the cruise.

We decide to do the B2B instead of extra days at WDW ............. We had no problem getting same cabin .............. No packing between Cruises :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Oops. I goofed!

Asked for a room "port side" -- thinking we pulled INTO Castaway Cay and since we'd be there for 2 days, I'd enjoy some private time on our verandah, overlooking the island. Ahhhhhh ....

Guess I was wrong! DS10 says we BACK into the port at CC. He has a photographic memory, so I'm tempted to believe him! :lmao: I knew the dock was on the right side when you disembark, but thought we pulled in 'cuz I remember seeing Goofy painting on the Magic and thought I remembered seeing him from the ground at CC. So I asked for a room on the left side. I guess all these years, Goofy has been painting on the backside - and here, all this time, I thought it was the front! :rolleyes:

Oh well. I'm just happy to be onboard. Still ... wishing I wasn't gonna be looking at the ocean. I told my DH they'll just have to ride the Banana Boat by so I can see 'em on the ground, from my perch! :banana:

Drats! Oh well, I'll know better next time.

Maybe the 20th Anniversary gifts will more than make up for it! :rotfl:

Hopefully we will pull forward one day and back in the other. But on the 2010 member cruise, we backed in both days. I like when the captain pulls in forward because it makes for a much nicer picture! And I hate to give you more bad news, but they don't have banana boats anymore. We rode the banana boat on our Jan 2007 cruise and LOVED it and shortly before our Dec 2008 cruise we found out they don't offer that excursion anymore.

We were on the 2010 member cruise and had the calmest water I've ever seen and the captain backed in both times. I was so disappointed because I love getting our picture at CC with the front of the ship in the background.

There were between 100 and 200 kids on the 2010 member cruise. I didn't see very many teens either. We were thinking of going on the three night cruise FOLLOWING the member cruise....maybe we'll change it to the three night cruise PRIOR to the member cruise. It took us about 5 1/2 hours to get the member cruise booked today. Last year it only took an hour. Somehow we got through first thing last year! Not so lucky this year!

all right!! newbies from Canada - our first member cruise - we are very excited!! (9yrold son says we're stoked!). staying in rm 9598

Hi! Hopefully Ian (DVCDeernut) will be joining us on the cruise. He was on the last four member cruises. He's from Canada. He's a blast!

Well, everyone I have GOT to get some work done around this house!! I'm sure I'll be back on later...I can't stay away from the DISboards too long I start to have withdrawals. LOL

There were between 100 and 200 kids on the 2010 member cruise. I didn't see very many teens either. We were thinking of going on the three night cruise FOLLOWING the member cruise....maybe we'll change it to the three night cruise PRIOR to the member cruise. It took us about 5 1/2 hours to get the member cruise booked today. Last year it only took an hour. Somehow we got through first thing last year! Not so lucky this year!

Maybe they'll have the run of the club then. LOL Yes, it was brutal getting through this morning. I mentioned it in DVC thread, but they really need to have a lottery system set up for these cruises if they are only going to do the one per year. Having all those members trying to get through and getting more and more frustrated isn't going to make the members happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter