09/21/08 SSMC08 S.S. Member Cruise 2008 - Part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWLVR

<font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f
Welcome to the 2008 DVC Member Cruise Meets Thread - Part 2!

The original thread can be found here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1620941

Mark and I are doing the website again as well as DIS buttons for everyone. Here is the info we'll be looking for. The date for buttons has passed. No more orders will be accepted. We will have a few blanks available at the DIS meets.

Here are the links for the main web page and member gallery:

DIS 2008 DVC Member Cruise

DIS 2008 DVC Member Cruise Gallery

Linked Dining​

Looking for tablemates that have things in common with you? Then link your dining to your fellow DISers! Contact JoanneL to add your name to the list. She'll need your full name, cabin number and reservation number. Cut-off date for linked dining has now past and the list has been sent to DCL. Thanks Joanne for all your work on this!

Fish Extenders​

Here is the final fish extender list:

A = Adult, C= Children, T = Infant or Toddler

TnRobin (2A)
MarkRG & WDWLVR (2A)
tinkerbelle77 (4A, 3C)
time4disneynow (2A)
cherylp3 (2A) - no dairy please
seaulater (1A)
Alex's Mom (2A)
accourtwdw (2A)
tikimack & tikimini (2A)
dejnosluvmickey (2A 6C) - no onions please
Eeyores#1Fan (3A 3C 1T)
goslingl (2A)
Beastly (2A)
pinocchio (2A)
tap & dap (2A)
LWQuestie (2A)
2princess 2 pirates (2A 2C)

No-so-early entries (joined after the close date but would still like to join the fun)

Eeyore77 (2A)
smilingjack (2A)

Pre-Cruise DIS Meet​

Saturday September 20th in the Solarium at the Beach Club. 3PM. Full details including a map on the web page (see link above).

Post Meet Dinner at Cape May
From TnRobin: Well looks like we have a few open slots at Cape May Cafe Saturday night if anyone is interested. For those who are new, we are planning to get together after the DIS meet for dinner at Cape May Cafe. I have ressies set for 25, but due to changes in plans, I now have 6 open seats. Anyone interested? Contact TnRobin.

Details: Cape May Cafe - Saturday, September 20, 2008, 5:45 PM

Attendees:

Robin & Mike (TnRobin)
Mark & Mary (MarkRG & WDWLVR)
Mary (iluvdisney)
Karen (KarenNY)
Linda (Seaulater)
Amanda & Annette (acourtwdw)
Michael & Monika (Time4disneynow)
Joanne & Roger (joannel)
Cheryl & Todd (cherylp3)
Mack & Mimi (Tikimack & Tikimimi)
Dan and Nancy (DanandNan)

Cruise DIS Meet​

Sunday September 21st @ 3 pm. Promenade Lounge! Meet and greet your fellow DISers.

deck3.jpg

Pirate Night DIS Group Photo​

From Linda (seaulater)

AARGGHHHH MATEYS!!!!!!

PIRATE NIGHT GROUP PHOTO!!

Blow me down, it's time to unleash your inner buccaneer!! Scallywags and wenches, bring your pirattitude with your fellow disboard mates for our annual PIRATE GROUP PHOTO!

We will meet in the Atrium of the Pirate Ship (The Disney Wonder) at 7:50 p.m. on pirate night. Be prompt, or you will be walking the plank and miss this great photo opportunity provided by the ship's pirateers (Shutters).

Congrats to Joanne on post #3750 on the original thread!

Hey I found us, you were quick to close that one.

Kathy- it's nice to see you posting, where in NJ do you live? I gre up in NY and spent a lot of time at the shore. My parents lived in Spring lake for a few retiremen years.

Thanks for the info, Mary!!! That sounds really easy. I scheduled a 1PM facial appt, so it sounds like we'll be there in plenty of time. We're still hoping to get a Palo's brunch reservation.

Hey I found us, you were quick to close that one.

Kathy- it's nice to see you posting, where in NJ do you live? I gre up in NY and spent a lot of time at the shore. My parents lived in Spring lake for a few retiremen years.

Hi Joanne, nice to meet you! I live in Somerset, which is between New Brunswick & Princeton. Spring Lake is just gorgeous - what a nice place to retire. My brother (Fr.)Frank (MOHRT2) & I grew up in Levittown, LI and used to go to Ocean City NJ on vacation.

Well, I got top 10 of the new thread! I can't believe we are into a second one.

Checking in at the new post. Please mark me "Present"

Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge was not too bad this weekend, but stillvery busy. they just opened up a new entry way that not many people know about, so if anyone is planning to go, just ask and I will show you how to miss most of the traffic in Pigeon Forge.

Dollywood was fun. If you like Coasters you have to ride Thunderhead. It is a wooden coaster with lots of banked curves. Really fun

Be sure to add Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana to your list of must see parks. It is a one price admission (About $40) for both the amusement park and the water park. The amusement park has 3 wooden coasters. All three have been ranked #1 in the country when the were debuted. This year the Voyage is #1. Also the water park "Splashin Safari" is #2 water park in the country. Only Schliterbahn beats it out. One of the great things about Holiday World is that parking, pepsi products and sunscreen are free. Yes, you heard right - you do not have to pay for a soda. We are headed that way next Friday.

Checking in at the new post. Please mark me "Present"

Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge was not too bad this weekend, but stillvery busy. they just opened up a new entry way that not many people know about, so if anyone is planning to go, just ask and I will show you how to miss most of the traffic in Pigeon Forge.

Dollywood was fun. If you like Coasters you have to ride Thunderhead. It is a wooden coaster with lots of banked curves. Really fun

Be sure to add Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana to your list of must see parks. It is a one price admission (About $40) for both the amusement park and the water park. The amusement park has 3 wooden coasters. All three have been ranked #1 in the country when the were debuted. This year the Voyage is #1. Also the water park "Splashin Safari" is #2 water park in the country. Only Schliterbahn beats it out. One of the great things about Holiday World is that parking, pepsi products and sunscreen are free. Yes, you heard right - you do not have to pay for a soda. We are headed that way next Friday.

Too cool and I am a pepsi drinker...............

Updated: Moved the long version.

:idea: It just donned on me that I never introduced myself or my family when I first hopped onto the initial thread . . .

:wave2: "HI!" My name is Jennifer. I am a stay-at-home Mommy of three kiddos, :dance3: DS8, DD5 and DS2. We homeschool DS8 and DD5. :cake: DH just turned 39 last week and I am 35. :scared: I turn 36 in a couple of weeks.

- Jennifer

I am sighing my dd4 for the club. What i wanted to know is what they do on castaway cay for the kids? Is it for the kids in the club only or is it family activities

I am sighing my dd4 for the club. What i wanted to know is what they do on castaway cay for the kids? Is it for the kids in the club only or is it family activities

On Castaway Cay the kids club operates on a separate part of the beach away from the water. It is only for the kids that are signed up for the club and you have to check them in and out just like on the cruise.

So does joanne get a pirate for this feat?

That's up to Gary but I would think it qualifies. :thumbsup2
:idea: It just donned on me that I never introduced myself or my family when I first hopped onto the initial thread . - Jennifer

Welcome Jennifer. If you haven't already head on over to the group web page and you can meet everyone who has given their information there. If you want to send your families info everything you need is in the first post. Happy to have you aboard.

I found you guys! Wasnt very hard...I knew it was coming soon!

We left bread crumbs to make it easier. :lmao:

Mary,

Do you want to put something on page 1 about linked dining. I am not getting any participation so it might not be worth even doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter