1 bedroom villa at OKW or SSR

disneyvoice

DIS Veteran
My DH and I are thinking of changing our resort to a one bedroom villa at either OKW or SSR so we can have the jacuzzi tub and a more "homey" relaxing stay during our 1st anniversary trip in December. We are not DVC members and have never stayed at any of the DVC properties.

I have heard some comments about cleanliness issues at OKW but the large size of the one bedroom villas there is pretty appealing. Does anyone have any opinions of which resort would be the better choice?

I have stayed at OKW and I am staying at Saratoga Springs in December for the first time. OKW is beautiful and the rooms are a little larger than those at other DVC resorts. But, if I were you, I would try SSR. It's a new resort - the rooms look beautifully decorated and it's so close to Downtown Disney. The jacuzzi tubs in DVC resorts are huge and you will enjoy having all that space.

If you are thinking of this December - I have noticed that there seems to be a lot of availability, so you would have a better chance of getting a room.

You should do a search for SSR on the DVC board right here on DIS. And if you haven't done so, check out the resort tour on the disney.com website. It really does look beautiful. And the spa is supposed to be fantastic.

It is so hard for me to compare the two resorts. They may be physically near each other, but they seem nothing alike in feel to me. If you like being closer to DtD and think that would be appealing, then I would pick SSR. If you want a very laid back feel with the huge room, OKW is a great pick.

I've stayed at OKW before (many times) and never had any cleanliness issues. I personally love the quiet feel to it. SSR isn't quite my cup of tea in style. The rooms are very nice on the inside though. Honestly, I'd pick it based on a style and not so much the room size itself.

We're SSR owners, but won't be staying there until Jan. (can't wait!!) The villas there are just beautiful.

We have stayed in an OKW 1 BR, with our family of 5 and it was gi-normous! It was very clean and well kept, as was the entire resort. A 1BR at either place will be plenty huge for the 2 of you.

I'd say choose based on the atmosphere you want -- OKW is very laid back, airy, beachy feeling, while SSR to me seems more cozy and upscale. Both have cool pools with slides as well as quiet pools, and both are a boat ride from DTD. (though you can actually SEE -- and HEAR -- DTD from SSR)

Let us know what you decide! And have a magical vacation.

We stayed at SSR, and LOVED it! We booked a 1 bedroom through the AP discount. We also rented points through a DVC owner and stayed in a 2 bedroom at WLV, and we totally preffered SSR. Although we haven't stayed at OKW, I'm betting that you'd enjoy either. You won't be disappointed at SSR! Good choice on the home away from home resorts. Good luck...Happy Anniversary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter