1-bedroom without adjoining room?

danicaw

DIS Veteran
We are back from a great trip :thumbsup2
We were at OKW in a 1-bedroom and had a lot more neighbor noise than I would have liked.

I was a bit grumpier about it than I think I usually would be, as we were all doing the 5K and hubby did the 10K during the marathon week.
So early to bed, EARLY to rise was our motto for the trip.

The first night was fine, but the next two nights the young adults staying in the neighboring studio got loud. Singing and laughing until rather late. I got to hear a colorful story of how one young mans friend spent his time in Mexico recently - I am very thankful my kids were asleep by this point. His choice of language isn't something I wanted to define for my kiddos.

apparently I am a light sleeper.... the rest of my clan can sleep though noise, once they are out.

Then they checked out :dance3:

Our last night we got new neighbors... they checked in late and the kiddos were struggling to keep good attitudes. I felt for them, traveling all day to arrive late is sometimes a necessity, but can have its issues - we've all been there. But again it woke me up and Oh Bother, whats a mom to do.

Are there a way to get a 1 bedroom without the adjoining studio?
What do you guys do?
Ear plugs are probably in my future :sad2:

Beyond that, our trip was wonderful!
Great villa close to the Hospitality house, which was sooo handy.

We are back from a great trip :thumbsup2
We were at OKW in a 1-bedroom and had a lot more neighbor noise than I would have liked.

I was a bit grumpier about it than I think I usually would be, as we were all doing the 5K and hubby did the 10K during the marathon week.
So early to bed, EARLY to rise was our motto for the trip.

The first night was fine, but the next two nights the young adults staying in the neighboring studio got loud. Singing and laughing until rather late. I got to hear a colorful story of how one young mans friend spent his time in Mexico recently - I am very thankful my kids were asleep by this point. His choice of language isn't something I wanted to define for my kiddos.

apparently I am a light sleeper.... the rest of my clan can sleep though noise, once they are out.

Then they checked out :dance3:

Our last night we got new neighbors... they checked in late and the kiddos were struggling to keep good attitudes. I felt for them, traveling all day to arrive late is sometimes a necessity, but can have its issues - we've all been there. But again it woke me up and Oh Bother, whats a mom to do.

Are there a way to get a 1 bedroom without the adjoining studio?
What do you guys do?
Ear plugs are probably in my future :sad2:

Beyond that, our trip was wonderful!
Great villa close to the Hospitality house, which was sooo handy.

At AKV, BLT and VGF the connecting doors are at the entry way and the noise from next door is not as noticeable.

BWV has some dedicated 1BRs but I don't know if any other resorts have them. AKV Jambo House has some dedicated studios. Ear plugs and a rolled up towel across the door jam might be your safe bet in the future or stay at one of the resorts I mentioned where the connecting door is a far from the sleeping area as possible.

The older resorts seem to have less sound proofing than the newer ones, plus removing carpet and replacing with hard services increases the sound.

:earsboy: Bill

I do know, for those who get a 1 BR with noise from the connector, or any villa with hallway noise, here's a tip. Roll up a towel long-ways, and put it along the floor "crack" to (hopefully)muffle the noise

It so happens I just did a chart with villa types (part of my analysis about where to add on) BCV has 20 dedicated 1 br.s and BWV has 130 dedicated 1 br.s.
Note, however, these are not a separate bookable category.

It so happens I just did a chart with villa types (part of my analysis about where to add on) BCV has 20 dedicated 1 br.s and BWV has 130 dedicated 1 br.s.

I always request a dedicated 1 bedroom at the BWV and so far, we're batting 100%. :teeth:

This is good info to have.
Thank you all for your response.

Hubby says we have had mild neighbor noise in the past.
I assume that since we were going to bed earlier than usual (before 8), it made it worse this trip.... or made me more on edge about it ;)

And I have added ear plugs to my packing list for next time.
I will try the rolled up towel as well.
Thanks

I always travel with ear plugs - just had too many situations where something would get loud so I've learned to be safe rather than sorry. It's really the simplest solution and I don't have to worry about neighbors or noisy room locations. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I'd think that having such a change to your sleep schedule that you also weren't really in sync for sleeping so that probably exacerbated the noise issue.

Download a white noise app for your phone. We sleep with a white noise machine at home and the app on the phone works just as well while travelling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter