• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10/16-10/20 BCV Trip highlights! We joined DVC!!!!!

Nennie

Insert funny comment here!
DH and I just got back from WDW after renting points...we are now members!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Some trip highlights:

Magical Express: Ran very smoothly! We arrived in Orlando at 10:40am, and were at Epcot by 12:30! Departure ran just as smoothly! We checked in to Delta at BCV, checked our bags, and enjoyed the rest of our day. We came back to BCV to hop on Magical Express, and that was it!!

Beach Club Villas: Since we were renting points, this was our first stay, and we didn't know what to expect. We had a studio, and somehow ended up with an extended balcony overlooking the pool...it was great!! Our balcony was so big that we wished we knew some people to invite over for drinks! We ate at Beaches and Cream almost every day...mmmmm!!! We loved being able to walk to Epcot and the Boardwalk! The boat ride to MGM was great too. Getting to MK and AK required a longer bus trip, but it still wasn't too bad.

Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon: If you haven't done this, you must give it a go!!! We took a taxi from BCV as we had to be there at 6:45am. There were only 7 people in our lesson so we go twice as many waves as we would have in the usual 12-person lesson. Afterwards, since there were so few of us, the surfing staff let us all stay at Typhoon Lagoon for the day for free. DH and I actually had our DVC van coming to pick us up anyway, so we didn't stay at TL after surfing.

DVC Presentation: Since we were trying to avoid buses anyway, we had the DVC van pick us up at Typhoon Lagoon, and then drop us off at Animal Kingdom after the presentation. We also got the VIP fast passes, and our salesperson even gave us a few extra, which was nice. Since we had a referral, we qualified for the 15% discount, which is what made the difference between buying from DVC, versus buying a resale. SSR was much nicer than I had imagined, and the grand villa was beautiful. We decided to do an initial purchase of 175 points...and will likely purchase more in the next few years.

Hollywood and Vine: The only negative experience all week. Although I had read the less than stellar reviews of H&V, we wanted the fantasmic dinner package, and I thought "How bad could it be?" Well, it was BAD....really BAD! We aren't "buffet" people to being with, but the buffet was gross. We literally ended up eating mac n' cheese and lukewarm chicken nuggets for dinner. Even the desserts were unappealing. So we ended up spending $50 for a mac n' cheese! Whoops! (DH won't be letting me live this one down for a while). At least we got great seats for Fantasmic.

Stuff we did/found thanks to the DIS board: Thanks to these boards we asked and rode up front in the monorail. We also did the Disney Visa complimentary pictures, found the umbrella at MGM, got our park passes put on our room keys, and most importantly just knew that if we wanted anything to just "ask" b/c Disney can usually make it happen.

Now that we are members, we can't wait to get back!!! If anyone had any questions, feel free to ask!!

Let me be the first then to say "WELCOME HOME NEIGHBOR!" Now quick... add that SSR picture to your signature - it's bought and paid for, lol!

Welcome Home!!!

We've never eaten at H&V. Our guests for the December trip actually did some research and she recently e-mailed me that she would like to do Fantasmic and thought that H&V sounded like a good place to eat! Well, we have the ressies, and so I hope we have a better experience than you have.

Bobbi :cheer2:

Welcome Home Nennie!!

I don't particularly care for buffets either but I did like H & V. Everything was fresh and hot when we ate there. Yukon mashed potatoes were especially good. I loved their green salad, they had capers on the salad bar the first two times, but not the last time. I didn't care for the desserts,

Welcome Home!

Its a shame you had such a bad experience at H&V. We did the Fantasmic package there last December and thought it was one of the better meals we had that trip. In April this year we did Crystal Palace and thought that the buffet at H&V was much better - better food and better choice.

The only negative part of our H&V experience was the wait to be seated. We were there well ahead of our PS time and waited well beyond our PS window before we were seated. We then had to rush the meal in order to get to Fantasmic in time.

We have H&V booked again for this December, so we will see if the quality had dropped since last time.

Eating at Beaches and Cream almost every day-my kinda people! So what did you find were some good times of day, bad times to go to B&C (good=no wait)? Also, can you share what your room # at BCV was with that big balcony? I know what you mean about the feeling you should invite someone over when you have a big balcony like that-one time, when I was solo there, I had a huge balcony and a great Illuminations view. Every nite I felt like it was wasted on only one person! I love BCV!

Simba's Mom said:
Also, can you share what your room # at BCV was with that big balcony?

I would guess that it was either one of the x28 or x60 rooms, which are on the inside corners as the building bends around the pool.

Thanks for the Welcome!!! We are so excited to FINALLY be members!!! Now to add SSR to my siggie....

Simba's Mom - We ate at B&C everyday around 3pm. No wait, and we were able to get a booth. On our last day we ate at noon (primetime for crowds) and we just opted to sit at the counter rather than wait for a table. Also, DisZip is correct...we were in room 228!!

Welcome Home. I agree that GV is fantastic, I will be in one this december. Susan

Welcome home! (and to cobbler too!) Wishing you many happy years of DVC...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter