10/2 Teppanaki Lunch Review

JC Butterfly

DIS Veteran
The cast: Brenda (29), Janet (30) one of the pickiest eaters alive, Heidi (29) only eats chicken.

After just completing a week with my husband and mother-in-law who are up for anything kind of people, it was a challenge to come up with places to try for my picky friends. My first choice was Teppanaki in Japan at EPCOT.

We had a priority seating and were seated with our table mates within 10 minutes. The view from the lobby is pretty cool since you are located about 2 stories up from the main level you could watch others scurrying by.

We were seated and our drink orders promptly taken. They were one of the best places for keeping our beverages refilled.

Our server was great about explaining what some of the different menu choices were.

One of the first things brought out was some sort of vegetable, sort of like a cabbage maybe? I forgot what it was called but it was meant to cleanse your pallate and prepare it for dining. I thought it had a slightly pickled taste to it. Neither liked nor disliked it.

I decided to try sushi for the first time and had a California roll. I thought it was absoultely delicious. Not as "scary" as I had anticipated (however it definitely wasn't agreeing with me about an hour later, darn!).

Soup or salad was offered for $1 more with an entree. I decided to try to soup. I don't remember what it was but I found it to be very blah tasting. I only had a couple of bites.

Then the chef came out to prepare the food in front of us. She did some Mickey mouse shapes with onions and did the "volcano" effect. Was very quick with the knives and did a little bit of food flipping too. Very entertaining and answered a lot of questions about her home city.

My main entree was the combo platter sirloin and shrimp. It was a wonderful portion and cut of meat prepared just right. I tried all of the sauces but didn't care for most of them.

Janet had the filet mignon and for the rest of the trip kept wishing that she was "back in Japan" to have some more, it was the highlight of her trip.

Heidi had the chicken. It was juicy, tender, and she ate every bite.

The ladies even ate their vegetables which they would almost never do, so that's how good we found the food here.

I know that others have suggested the format is like a Bennihana's. I've never been to one nor do we have them in our area so for us it was a nice diversion from a hot day to slip inside this restaurant.

I completely enjoyed this experience and hope to go back in the near future!

I'm glad they changed the price of the salad/soup add on. In December DH had to pay $3.95 for a salad... with his meal. He loves the ginger dressing, and could just eat salad.

Sounds yummy. We love Teppanyaki too and I'm hoping we'll have lunch there in February.

Thanks for the review! This is another one we are trying for the first time on our quickly approaching trip!

Thanks for the review. We'll be eating lunch there, on our upcoming trip, for the first time.

Your review we to love Teppanyaki and try to visit on each trip to WDW::yes:: :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter