• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"10/23/2010 Seven Days of Magic Sailing to the Saints Looking for Serenity Now!"

When should the cut-off date be for joining/participating in the FE gift exchange?

• June 23, 2010

• July 23, 2010

• August 23, 2010

• September 23, 2010

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back home. :sad1:

What a wonderful cruise! It was great meeting so many of you. Thanks for making our cruise so enjoyable.

Jan

We're home again...:sad2: but what a wonderful cruise we had! It was great meeting so many of you, we loved the stateroom tour, and ... we are rebooked for June 2012 on the Fantasy! :cheer2:

I'm NOT ready to go back to work tomorrow, but I'll work on uploading photos each evening - that will help, I'm sure. The next best thing to being on the cruise is reliving it through photos!

Safe travels to all of you who are still vacationing! Enjoy!

We are back home. Alan, Rj and myself wanted to thank everyone on this cruise. We had such a great time and we feel blessed to have been able to meet so many wonderful people. This trip for us was truly the best trip we have ever had. The good memories from this trip are numerous and I am sure we will be talking about this for years to come. A big thanks:love: goes out to Brenda for making this all happen and to Paul for organizing the stateroom tours which was really fun. Brenda please let Eric know how much I appreciated him taking RJ under his wing and taking him snorkeling. My son said on the plane that Eric is "way cool". My son, after meeting everyone just once remembered everyones name and faces when he saw them again. When I asked him how he remembered everyone's name so well he said to me "Mom, it's easy. They are all such nice people, just like you told me before the cruise. They are what you are always telling me to surround myself with, "Good people Mom". :) Out of the mouth of babes.............

I had the best time of my life on this cruise and all you dis boarders are one of the main reasons why. I truly hope that we have a chance to meet again on one of the many future cruises my family and will book with DCL. :cutie:

Kevin and Dave, thank you for being the best photographers on the ship and for being who you are. As my son would say "You are way cool":thumbsup2

Paul, I hope your family arrived home safely and all is well with your mom. I loved meeting your parents, please let them know I send my regards and well wishes to them. Let me know how Patches is ok?

I will post again, now I have to go to Costco to fill up our empty post- cruise fridge.:rotfl:

Alisia, Alan and RJ Okuno

Hey everybody. Well I'm back and depressed. I can't believe it's back to work tomorrow.

We both had such a great time on this cruise. A lot of that was from meeting all you dis boarders. Everybody that we ran into was awesome. Dan love the dance!!!!!! Alisia thank you for the kind words. You have such a wonderful family and it was a joy meet them. Also thank you for our little talk about Chelsea.

Brenda thank you and Eric for all your hard work!! Peter and Sandy I wish we had more time to talk. Your girls are just adorable. Can't wait to see your pics.

Paul great job on the tour!! Thank you so much. It was a lot fun bumping into you all over the ship. And the way the ship was rocking sometimes I really do mean bump into you...lol

Lois keep the camera questions coming. I will do my best to answer them.

Kevin and Nancy what can I say. You guys were awesome. You took a couple of newbies under your wing and showed them such a fantastic time. I feel as if we made friends for life on this cruise. Oh Kevin in case you don't have your glasses on just stand about 3 feet back from the your screen and you should be able to read this just fine.....lol

You didn't think you would get away from the sarcasm that easy did you.....

Thank you all!!!!!!!

Now if can just get rid of this rocking feeling in my head I will be just fine.

Now to go and upload my 2000 pics I took. Look for them POTD thread

ttyl
Dave & Sue

We are back home too! boo-hoo...:sad1:

As many of you mentioned, we also had a fantastic cruise. I know I didn't get to meet as many of you as I would have liked but when traveling with family who don't "get" the disboards, it was kind of hard.

Thanks to Brenda for all the hard work organizing us! And to Paul for arranging the stateroom tour. (We met a few of you but had to skip the tour since we had 10:30 Palo ressies.)

Thanks to Alisia, Alan and RJ for allowing us to see your beautiful suite later in the week. That was beyond generous and we LOVED your little home at sea!

It was fun bumping into Dave and Kevin at the Art of Entertaining. Are you guys planning to make that delicious salmon anytime soon???

Even though it is hard to get back to reality, photos will help and I keep looking at my rebooking certificate (we rebooked for December 2011 but plan to bump it to 2012). Oh that sounds so far away...

If you are still swaying, keep taking your Bonine for a couple of days. That will help!

Did anyone see Alfred and Seymour Thursday night? They were hilarious!

We are staying at the Radisson at the Port. Today all I plan on doing is swimming, eating, relaxing and swimming. On Fiday we are going to the Kennedy Space Center where..... Drum roll please.... Yes, I get to have lunch with an astronaut!!!!!!!! Hubby and DS don't understand my excitement but o well:rotfl:To top that off, I am going to have dinner with more people from the Dis Boards that night. I am soooooo excited. I can't wait to meet everyone.

Alisia Okuno

I understand your excitement Alisia. We passed by one in the airport yesterday - that was enough for me :goodvibes.

Sorry, we didn't make it back to see the Roy suite. It was the cruise that just wasn't meant to be for us - still okay just not what we had planned. I ended up with a brutal chest cold and most nights we didn't get much sleep due to me coughing. Made it home early this morning our time (3am Orlando time) and hopefully all will be well soon.

Welcome home, Everyone, for those of you already home!!! Was this the best cruise EVER or what???!!! The reason for that is without a doubt, THE PEOPLE. I don't even know where to start.

Well, I will start by saying that it was a pleasure to meet everyone. Everyone was every bit as warm, friendly and welcoming in person as they were on this thread. I always said we had a great group. Boy, what an understatement!!! Because of each and every one of you, you made this the best vacation Eric and I have ever had. Thank you.

Now, for some personal thank yous. First, Kevin, thank you for having my back on the board and for setting up our yahoo site. It was a pleasure to finally meet you and your lovely bride, Nancy.

Next, Paul, what a wonderful job you did setting up our cabin tour. Thank you. Because of the tour, Eric and I have changed the type of cabin that we usually get. Now, instead of the verandah, we will go with the Navigator verandah. I loved that and would not have known what it was like without this tour. Thank you again.

Dave, it was nice to meet you and Sue. Thanks for being our "photographer" on board ship. I hope that you enjoyed your WDW stay as well.

Angel and Robin we actually had the pleasure of meeting at Magic Kingdom a couple days before the cruise. Talk about "it's a small world after all"!! Thank you, Angel and Robin ,for all of your helpful hints and tips. They really came in handy!

Sandy, I don't recall seeing you on the ship at all, so I am glad that we were able to meet you at the Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club resort right before the cruise. Your girls are adorable. And tell Natalie, thank you again for our cruise logo.

I hope that you all were able to see our newlyweds Nathalie and Simon. I was able to get a few shots of them after their wedding. What a extremely beautiful bride you made, Nathalie.

Alisia, what can I say? You, Alan and Richard really provided Eric and I with some very special magical moments. My gratitude for your generosity and hospitality can't be express in these few words. Thank you so much. I am so looking forward to our getting together, be it Disneyland, Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, or where ever. I am glad that you all live in California so that we can further our friendship. I will pass your kind words on to Eric. I know that he enjoyed showing Richard the "underworld".

Sherry, how do I say thank you to you? Thank you for taking the initiative to introduce yourself 2 years ago and to discover that we are neighbors living only a few minutes away from each other? It was so much fun preparing for this trip with you. Sherry, you have been like a long-lost sister and I am looking forward to our continuing and growing friendship. It was wonderful spending the cruise with you and your wonderful family. Eric will spend a couple of months putting together those puzzles. Hugs and kisses to Galen and your Little Ladies, Allie, Makenzie, and Melody.

And, Sherry, because of you, we had the pleasure of spending the cruise with two more wonderful families. Shannon and Matt, you both are great. And, you don’t know how close you came to my stealing your adorable little Brandon. I am still in awe to how sweet and adorable that little boy is. You may see me in Seattle soon!!! And, Jackie, my “soul-mate”, it really did make my cruise meeting you and Stephen, your daughter Taylor and niece Aleece. Breakfast yesterday was so sad. We really hated saying goodbye to all of you. I am so looking forward to our next cruise.

Finally, I’d like to say a warm thank you to Wendy and Ken, Shari, Crystal and Bob, Eileen and Bob, Kim and Jody, both Phils, Heather and Robert, Strawberry Brenda, Jan and Carla, Lois and Janet, Sue and John, Cheryl and John and everyone from my FE Group. It was a pleasure to see you around the ship.

I know that I have missed some folks and I do apologize for that. But know that I had a wonderful cruise and I did so enjoy meeting each and every one of you.

I am so going to try to have a reunion cruise with all of you. Because on this cruise, I feel that I have made some new friends. I hope that we can make it work.

Again, WELCOME HOME, TO ALL!!! And for those of you still traveling, we hope that you have a safe trip home.

Welcome home, Everyone, for those of you already home!!! Was this the best cruise EVER or what???!!! The reason for that is without a doubt, THE PEOPLE. I don't even know where to start.

Well, I will start by saying that it was a pleasure to meet everyone. Everyone was every bit as warm, friendly and welcoming in person as they were on this thread. I always said we had a great group. Boy, what an understatement!!! Because of each and every one of you, you made this the best vacation Eric and I have ever had. Thank you.

Now, for some personal thank yous. First, Kevin, thank you for having my back on the board and for setting up our yahoo site. It was a pleasure to finally meet you and your lovely bride, Nancy.

Next, Paul, what a wonderful job you did setting up our cabin tour. Thank you. Because of the tour, Eric and I have changed the type of cabin that we usually get. Now, instead of the verandah, we will go with the Navigator verandah. I loved that and would not have known what it was like without this tour. Thank you again.

Dave, it was nice to meet you and Sue. Thanks for being our "photographer" on board ship. I hope that you enjoyed your WDW stay as well.

Angel and Robin we actually had the pleasure of meeting at Magic Kingdom a couple days before the cruise. Talk about "it's a small world after all"!! Thank you, Angel and Robin ,for all of your helpful hints and tips. They really came in handy!

Sandy, I don't recall seeing you on the ship at all, so I am glad that we were able to meet you at the Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club resort right before the cruise. Your girls are adorable. And tell Natalie, thank you again for our cruise logo.

I hope that you all were able to see our newlyweds Nathalie and Simon. I was able to get a few shots of them after their wedding. What a extremely beautiful bride you made, Nathalie.

Alisia, what can I say? You, Alan and Richard really provided Eric and I with some very special magical moments. My gratitude for your generosity and hospitality can't be express in these few words. Thank you so much. I am so looking forward to our getting together, be it Disneyland, Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, or where ever. I am glad that you all live in California so that we can further our friendship. I will pass your kind words on to Eric. I know that he enjoyed showing Richard the "underworld".

Sherry, how do I say thank you to you? Thank you for taking the initiative to introduce yourself 2 years ago and to discover that we are neighbors living only a few minutes away from each other? It was so much fun preparing for this trip with you. Sherry, you have been like a long-lost sister and I am looking forward to our continuing and growing friendship. It was wonderful spending the cruise with you and your wonderful family. Eric will spend a couple of months putting together those puzzles. Hugs and kisses to Galen and your Little Ladies, Allie, Makenzie, and Melody.

And, Sherry, because of you, we had the pleasure of spending the cruise with two more wonderful families. Shannon and Matt, you both are great. And, you don’t know how close you came to my stealing your adorable little Brandon. I am still in awe to how sweet and adorable that little boy is. You may see me in Seattle soon!!! And, Jackie, my “soul-mate”, it really did make my cruise meeting you and Stephen, your daughter Taylor and niece Aleece. Breakfast yesterday was so sad. We really hated saying goodbye to all of you. I am so looking forward to our next cruise.

Finally, I’d like to say a warm thank you to Wendy and Ken, Shari, Crystal and Bob, Eileen and Bob, Kim and Jody, both Phils, Heather and Robert, Strawberry Brenda, Jan and Carla, Lois and Janet, Sue and John, Cheryl and John and everyone from my FE Group. It was a pleasure to see you around the ship.

I know that I have missed some folks and I do apologize for that. But know that I had a wonderful cruise and I did so enjoy meeting each and every one of you.

I am so going to try to have a reunion cruise with all of you. Because on this cruise, I feel that I have made some new friends. I hope that we can make it work.

Again, WELCOME HOME, TO ALL!!! And for those of you still traveling, we hope that you have a safe trip home.

Thank you Brenda!!! You made us feel special and welcome!!! I do hope that we can keep in touch and who knows we might see each other on another cruise...Faith..Trust..and Pixie Dust... :flower3: :flower3: :flower3:

Brenda & Eric, thank you for the kinds words.....
it was grwat meeting you & everyone else on the cruise.
we did bring home all of the personel navagrators if anybody needs them...
it was such a great /relaxing vacation...
from Carl Fergasen (me @ the Halloween custom Party) and Angel
hope we can do this again!! OK and the "Loin King"

Robin & Angel "D"!! :thumbsup2

I understand your excitement Alisia. We passed by one in the airport yesterday - that was enough for me :goodvibes.

Sorry, we didn't make it back to see the Roy suite. It was the cruise that just wasn't meant to be for us - still okay just not what we had planned. I ended up with a brutal chest cold and most nights we didn't get much sleep due to me coughing. Made it home early this morning our time (3am Orlando time) and hopefully all will be well soon.

Oh, Wendy, I'm so sorry about your cold. I do hope that you are feeling better. I really enjoyed spending time with you all. The Disney Trivia for our sail week were great as well. You take care.

Hello everyone,

Well we're home and it's cloudy and about 45 deg.:sad1: I think part of me is still on the ship, all last night as I laid in bed it felt like the room was rocking.

For those of you I didn't tell I had another WOW!!! from DCL. Those wonderful airlines broke the zipper on my luggage. To think I have to pay $25.00 for them to do this. Sunday morning I went up to Guest Service to ask if they had some duct tape I could use at the end of the cruise. (I didn't want my clothes scattered from the Disney Magic to Cleveland) They told me to bring my luggage down to them and they would fix it NO CHARGE. If they couldn't fix it they would GIVE me new luggage. They did fix it.

Now is the not fun of unpacking everything It's a lot more to unpack on the ship.

My next cruise will be on the Fantacy in 2012. So far it's the last week in Aug. eastern. I my change it to the end of Sept. still the eastern.

I would like to thank everyone who "opened" their stateroom for the tour, and a special thank-you to Kevin and Brenda for helping me with the tour.

Thanks for a great cruise!!

Paul

Hello everyone,

Well we're home and it's cloudy and about 45 deg.:sad1: I think part of me is still on the ship, all last night as I laid in bed it felt like the room was rocking.

For those of you I didn't tell I had another WOW!!! from DCL. Those wonderful airlines broke the zipper on my luggage. To think I have to pay $25.00 for them to do this. Sunday morning I went up to Guest Service to ask if they had some duct tape I could use at the end of the cruise. (I didn't want my clothes scattered from the Disney Magic to Cleveland) They told me to bring my luggage down to them and they would fix it NO CHARGE. If they couldn't fix it they would GIVE me new luggage. They did fix it.

Now is the not fun of unpacking everything It's a lot more to unpack on the ship.

My next cruise will be on the Fantacy in 2012. So far it's the last week in Aug. eastern. I my change it to the end of Sept. still the eastern.

I would like to thank everyone who "opened" their stateroom for the tour, and a special thank-you to Kevin and Brenda for helping me with the tour.

Thanks for a great cruise!!

Paul

Paul, don't you just love Disney? That was very nice of them to fix your luggage for you.

I was glad to help out with the tour. And I too would like to thank all of you who opened your rooms up to us. That was very kind of you and I should have said that earlier. It was awesome to see some of those rooms.

Paul, we may see you again in 2012. Still waiting to see what comes up.

Trying to post a quick hello in between answering the door for trick or treaters! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone in my FE group. We really enjoyed our treats. Brenda thanks for organizing this. It always makes the trip extra special. Also I want to thank all those families who participated on the kids thread. My kiddos were really looking forward to meeting some of their online buddies. Once they did, I swear they could not be separated. I am so grateful they make friends with such good kids.
Finally I want to say how very sorry I am that I did not make it to the stateroom tour. It was something I was really looking forward to. My daughter was not feeling that well that morning. She never gets motion sickness but I ended up starting her on Bonine that day.
Well back to work tomorrow, boo
Take care everyone and it was great cruising with you all.

I am so sorry you are ill. I hope your next cruise is filled with happiness and that you are in great health to enjoy it. I will post pictures once Kevin sets up the site for us, I wish you could have seen it in person, it was quite beautiful in my humble opinion. Maybe we will be on the same cruise one day and we can try again. I told my sweet, patient husband if he thinks he is going to put me in anything but a Cat 1...........:lmao:

Love my picture with an astronaut, Mr. John Creighton......Maybe to much:cutie:

Alisia

Hey guys,
We just got home too:sad1:

It was a great time and the in laws had a fantastic first voyage!

I have all navagators and papers. I'll scan them HD this week and can email them to anyone who needs them. Just PM me your email address and I'll get them out!

Hope to sail again soon!

Ok guys it's time to close this thread down. If y'all want to continue to talk can one of you please start a new thread and then come back here and post a link to the new thread.
Hope everyone had a great cruise despite the rough seas I was just reading about.

Thanks

Mods...please offer us a little more time to ensure all returned home safely. As well as, we have an interest in sharing some of our cruise photos. I, for one, would be grateful if you would allow us to keep this site available for a little longer. Please let us know.

All - what a great cruise...words can't describe how awesome everything was. And...what a treat to meet all of you.

As discussed...we have a site to share our photos via shutterfly.

http://10232010sevendaysofmagic.shutterfly.com

This is a closed site - only those with the password can view or add photos. Please pm or message me (I'll be quicker with an e-mail). The best e-mail address to get me at is

d.isigny@gmail.com

The return e-mail you will receive is from shutterfly - and will contain the password to access our site.

Look forward in hearing all returned home safely and hope your sail was as special to you as it was to Nan and I. Thanks to all for making this an awesome cruise. K

Welcome Home Guys - I am booked on an Eastern Cruise in January and my ability to book Palo and Excursions start tomorrow.

Quick Questions:

1. did anyone bring back Navigators that can be scanned?
2. Did anyone do the Doubloon Excursion in St Thomas - was it any good? What time did it leave?
3. Anyone know what the Dinner rotation options are this year? I need to figure out the best night for Palo

thanks for all your help

I haven't read through the rest of the posts yet, so I do not know yet if anyone has answered your questions yet. But I can definitely answer #2. We had an awesome time! We met up at 8am on the ship. We made it to the Doubloon around 8:30 (it docks right next to the ship). The ride out to Trunk Bay/Turtle Cove took about 45 mins. The crew was very entertaining and got everyone set up with snorkel gear. When we arrived at the site (there were several other excursions there as well), we all entered the water but could choose to follow our guide or go off on our own. The guide (Kristy) gave us a tour of the cove, found us a couple of sea turtles, a huge stingray hiding in the sand, and a bunch of fish swimming around the coral reef. We swam for about an hour or so, which sounds pretty short, but was quite perfect for us. We made it back to the ship for lunch and a change of clothes before heading to the shopping buildings across the street. All aboard time was 4 I believe, so we did have lots of time for shopping. We would definitely do this excursion again. Good luck!

Mods...please offer us a little more time to ensure all returned home safely. As well as, we have an interest in sharing some of our cruise photos. I, for one, would be grateful if you would allow us to keep this site available for a little longer. Please let us know.

This is why I'm asking one of you to start another thread and share the link in this thread before it is closed. Posting a link to the new thread will allow everyone to find that thread and then y'all can post away on the new one. The board policy it to close threads at 250 pages, which this thread has now passed.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Posting the link to the guideline: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1698440

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter