10/24/2009 Bash On the Boat (I'm with BOB) - Thread #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cath I don't know how to quote from a post from a thread that has been locked but you were asking what we visited when we were to New yOrk before. We took the double decker buss around Manhattan, the one you can get on and off at multiple stops and that was great but it was the end of Oct. when we went and it was really cold when were there except for the day we came home. We had purchased a multi-day New York pass that got us into a lot of things for free and discounts on other things http://www.newyorkpass.com/ We are getting those passes again this time. We went to the Empire State building during the day and after dark, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum (lots of fun), the Museum of Natural History, the Gugenheim, Ellis Island (we didn't stop at the Statue of Liberty and we definitely want to do that this time) a little bit of Central Park but I want to see more of that this time too. Rach and I got up real early one morning and went to the Today show. We didn't do any boat tour but are thinking of doing that this time.

Not yet, I even brought out last month's statement, but that checked out fine. I'm going to the bank's website and see if I might have something on there I might have missed, but I doubt it. Hey, at least the $400.00 is to the good and not the bad!!! ;)

I hate it when things like that happen. It drives me nuts! Like you said at least their giving you money not saying you have less than you thought :goodvibes

Cath I don't know how to quote from a post from a thread that has been locked but you were asking what we visited when we were to New yOrk before. We took the double decker buss around Manhattan, the one you can get on and off at multiple stops and that was great but it was the end of Oct. when we went and it was really cold when were there except for the day we came home. We had purchased a multi-day New York pass that got us into a lot of things for free and discounts on other things http://www.newyorkpass.com/ We are getting those passes again this time. We went to the Empire State building during the day and after dark, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum (lots of fun), the Museum of Natural History, the Gugenheim, Ellis Island (we didn't stop at the Statue of Liberty and we definitely want to do that this time) a little bit of Central Park but I want to see more of that this time too. Rach and I got up real early one morning and went to the Today show. We didn't do any boat tour but are thinking of doing that this time.
We want to see more of Central Park and this time stop off at the Statue of Liberty. Will look into the newyorkpass, thanks.
Last time we went we spent a morning been shown round by a New York greeter. She came to our hotel and then took us round where ever we wanted in the city for free. It was really interesting as she lived there and gave up her free time to do this. Sean found it on the internet. She took us to chinatown and went in a restaurant where no one hardly spoke english and we really had no idea what we were eating!!

We want to see more of Central Park and this time stop off at the Statue of Liberty. Will look into the newyorkpass, thanks.
Last time we went we spent a morning been shown round by a New York greeter. She came to our hotel and then took us round where ever we wanted in the city for free. It was really interesting as she lived there and gave up her free time to do this. Sean found it on the internet. She took us to chinatown and went in a restaurant where no one hardly spoke english and we really had no idea what we were eating!!

Al wanted to eat at a restaurant in Chinatown last time but Rach and I didn't want too, we were a little nervous about going in one because we weren't sure of what we'd be eating either :rotfl2: It sounds like you had a really nice tour last time. Do you know what company Sean set that up through. It sounds like that might be something worth checking into.

I was wondering if you are a secret moderator and you were the one that locked it so quickly ;)

Sorry, nope not me, I was surprised as you were that it was closed without any "how do you do, here is your next thread link." But since it was posted on page 250 I guess it didn't need to be posted again.

Sorry, nope not me, I was surprised as you were that it was closed without any "how do you do, here is your next thread link." But since it was posted on page 250 I guess it didn't need to be posted again.

I thought that was strange too. They must have really been moderating us :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I hate it when things like that happen. It drives me nuts! Like you said at least their giving you money not saying you have less than you thought :goodvibes

I just pulled everything that was listed in my online account page, and I still come up the same $400.00 over. I need a drink, where is my iced tea wife.......:rotfl2:

I thought I'd bring the current Radisson list over to the new thread so I keep it up to date for when I call them in the next few days. If anyone wants me to add them to either list pleas let me know in the next few days!

BOBers wanting to book a room at the Radisson:

Mike & Robin (2 people, 1 room)
Jeff (3 people, 1 room)
Cass (6 people, 2 rooms)
Nancy (2 people, 1 room)
Tony & Stacy, Jesse & Kristin (4 people, 1 room)
Andy (3 people, 1 room)
Andy's mom (2 people, 1 room)
Joanne (2 people, 1 room)
Cheryl (4 people, 1 room)
Shelley (2 people, 1 room)
Chris & Lynn (2 people, 1 room)
Walt & Di (2people, 1 room)
Sean & Cath (3 people, 1 room)
Lori & Scott (5 people, 1 room)
Tanya & Phillip (5 people, 1 room)
Janice & Mark (4 people, 1 room)
Becky & Sean (2 people, 1 room)
Kim (3 people, 1 room)

Bobers possibly wanting to book a room

Rob & Paige (2 people, 1 room)
Dave & Giap (2 people, 1 room)
Karen & Neil (3 people, 1 room)
Melody & EB (4 people, 1 room)
Duane & Claudine (3 people, 1 room)

Al wanted to eat at a restaurant in Chinatown last time but Rach and I didn't want too, we were a little nervous about going in one because we weren't sure of what we'd be eating either :rotfl2: It sounds like you had a really nice tour last time. Do you know what company Sean set that up through. It sounds like that might be something worth checking into.

http://www.bigapplegreeter.org/02-how_spend/02-visit.html
this is the site what we used.
you are not guaranteed to get one but we got a lovely lady called Ellen who lived in Queens.
We are going to put in a request again this time to see if we can get another greeter.

Well guys, dinner is just about ready at the old homestead, see ya'll later...........Shrimp Scampi and a tossed salad on the side.........:goodvibes

I need to get back to my cleaning :sad1: I was washing some of the windows and cleaning out some cabinets and now the house is in that stage where it gets messier before it gets cleaner so I better get back to it :headache: It was nice taking a break and talking to you guys and helping bring us to the new thread :goodvibes

I need to get back to my cleaning :sad1: I was washing some of the windows and cleaning out some cabinets and now the house is in that stage where it gets messier before it gets cleaner so I better get back to it :headache: It was nice taking a break and talking to you guys and helping bring us to the new thread :goodvibes

Happy cleaning, will do mine tomorrow.
nice talking to you all today.:lmao:
Enjoy your meal andy, sound nice, that wife makes you nice meals.:thumbsup2

Hi peeps! - I found you:goodvibes

Cheryl - if you havent alreay done the dandelions - yes, I just pour it on neat - no water.

Heather - Algae!:scared1: - if Planky is happy with his temporary name change then thats ok by me:confused3

Oh yeah, the checkbook is still driving me :crazy: :lmao:

Andy - I'll be a really good friend and help you out - Just give me the $400 and then your cheque book will balance:goodvibes

We never balance ours:confused3 - I could tell you how much is ever in my bank account or how much is on the CC:confused3

But you got post 3750 the official end of the thread :cheer2: congratulations :cheer2:

way to go Cath:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: - 1 up for the Brits:woohoo:

We've only been once but we were lucky to be able to go in her crown - view was rubbish but its good to say you've done it. I love New York too - I really jealous Cath:goodvibes

Wow, this thread moves quickly:surfweb: popcorn::

Medicalman, My DD is a bit older she is 15 right now but will be 17 by the time we cruise...only just turning 17 by next October.

Geeezzzzz this cruise is still so far away, glad I have 2 little trips to disney before then or I would go into withdrawls:rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter