10/4 50s Prime Time Cafe Dinner Review

JC Butterfly

DIS Veteran
We had a priority seating and had to wait about 15 minutes to sit down. This was probably my 15th visit to the 50s Prime Time and we've noticed that the more you interact with your server, the more antics you will receive.

Brenda, Janet, and Heidi (29 year olds) all ordered some of Dad's glowing drinks. A very cute Mickey cup filled with beverage of your choice and a light-up ice cube. Our brother brought them out and told us not to blow bubbles. So of course, on cue, we all blew bubbles.

He told us we'd be getting an extra serving of vegetables to eat.

The menu seemed smaller than I remembered from previously but Heidi was able to find a grilled chicken entree. She did say it was overdone, had too much of a grill taste to it.

Janet ordered the strip steak. She thought it was good, especially for them park food, but it wasn't her favorite.

I seemed to order the best choice in the fried chicken. It was a very generous portion and was actually juicy with a crispy crust. I loved it.

And we all had huge servings of vegetables. And when none of us wanted to finish our vegetables our server made a big deal about us blowing bubbles earlier and we all had to be "airplane fed" just one more bite.

We love the attention so we tend to seek it out but there was a couple next to us who seemed more reserved and the server left them more alone.

I think this is a very enjoyable experience. It's on my "must do" every trip and I hope everyone gets a chance to experience it at least once.

Glad you had fun--I love that place! I went with my DH a couple weeks ago and my sister and my 4yo in Feb. I want to go back in Dec with my sister and 4yo again, but this time we'll have ouor 81yo mom with us. I don't want to tell my mom about this place beforehand and will secretly ask for a server with lots of personality. hehehe Hopefully my mother will enjoy watching her daughters go a little wacko...

T&B

I heard that the menu was or is being changed there and was wondering if that was true. Can you tell me this--my daughter and I have PS for dinner in early December before Osborne Lights. We are not big eaters at all while on vacation so we generally stick to counter service. She mentioned to me that we can just split the fried chicken dinner. Do you know is that possible to do and is there enough for the two of us to share? She's 17 but again, both of us don't like that heavy feeling after eating a large meal while doing the parks.

Thanks for the input.

Michele

disneyfanatic60, I've been told that meals can be split, but don't know how big the chicken dinner is. The milk shakes are VERY good, which is almost a meal in itself if you don't share them, so especially if you order other things you should be ok.

T&B

I love this place too! I took my group of teen / preteen dancers and thier parents here when we performed at WDW. I have one parent who still talkes about this place and that was 2 years ago!

We had a blast and our server was great. She even gave the girls word games and riddles to pass the time while we waited for our food.

WDWO

Thanks for the review. Can't wait to try this place for the first time on our next trip :D !

I was pretty hungry when I ate here so even though I thought the fried chicken dinner was generously sized, I'm not sure if only eating half would have left me feeling full enough.

I will second that the milk shakes are HUGE so you could definitely split one of those in addition to the meal.

Or they have other great desserts like S'mores, strawberry shortcake, and a couple other choices.

I have split meals at other restuarants before with no problem. Often they will even bring them out on seperate plates pre-split from the kitchen.

I LOVED the fried chicken! And the portions were really large for me. We had Uncle Dave and he was just great. DD was his perfect little angel girl. And I was bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter