10 Year Predictions for DVC - Just for Fun!

ransom

DIS Veteran
I'm sitting here trying not to think about tomorrow and the work that is sitting on my desk waiting for me, so I thought I'd post a little diversion just for fun. :)

What will DVC be like in 10 years? Where will there be DVC resorts? What other changes do you see happening?

(No need to stick to the probable here, by the way. This is just for fun!)

Just imagining is a good dose of pixie dust I think!lol My thought is that CRV will become a reality, possibly a DVC in California, maybe a brand new DVC at Disney World, and at least one outside the US. I better save up for some add-ons!:banana:

On the plus side:
I predict that there will be a DVC resort built in Hawaii and that the Disney Cruise Line will have cruises to Hawaii.

I predict that there will be a 5th theme park in WDW and that there will be a DVC resort associated with the new park.

I predict that CRV is only a matter of when, not if.

On the minus side:
I predict that Disney will eventually end the DDP for DVC members.

I predict that AP savings for DVC members will eventually be discontinued.

I predict that Disney will eventually discontinue the Disney Collection for DVC members.

I predict that Kidani Village will become THE AKV resort and that Jambo house will revert back to AKL.

I Predict:

4 new DVC: Contemporary, California, Castaway Key and Disney Cruise Ship

Better benefits include:
- Web Based reservations
- A points for meals program (20 points for meals for the trip)
- A points for park passes deal

a DVC resort at
CR
maybe GF
maybe POR
maybe POP

Hawaii
California
Paris
Spain

I think we will kept the annual pass discount - it has been pretty popular - 40% participation.

DDP - the other dinning plan that DVC cancelled were cancelled because not enough participation. I think DVC members definitely like DDP. but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

CRV will be a reality (and hopefully we will own there:) )

There will be a DVC resort at Disneyland California

There will be a DVC resort at Disneyland Paris

CRV will happen
DCL DVC
A transition to allowing more in each villa (we see this happening with the AKL 1 brs)
Too many DVC resorts that the value starts going down

To the OP, I am trying not to think about the piles on my desk either. And trying to keep myself from signing on now and checking my email at work!:surfweb:

I predict on-line booking will be mostly beta tested and just about ready for general deployment.

I predict the Polynesian Villas will be the latest target of the DVC bashers club.

I predict DVC will build a sidewalk from AKV to Epcot/MGM for those who enjoy walking to theme parks.

I predict most of us will no longer be posting here.

Standard disclaimer:
As always, your predictions may vary!

I predict:

• The DIS will still be here, will be celebrating it's 20th anniversary and there will still be newbies getting all their questions answered here.
  • 'Doc' will still be doing his 'live reports' from OKW.
  • They will still be building DVC resorts, with contracts that expire in 2067.

I predict that whatever they do, there will be an outcry on the DIS that doesn't like it.....

I predict that whatever they do, there will be an outcry on the DIS that doesn't like it.....

Sorry CarolA -- that's NOT a prediction....it's a KNOWN!!!!!!

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

"seriously":
Smoking will come back and allowed in all rooms.
Refillable mugs will be eliminated.
Motel 6 - DVC resort in Pinedale Wyoming will be announced.
DVC AP discount will be $25.00.

;)

Originally Posted by jarestel
I predict on-line booking will be mostly beta tested and just about ready for general deployment.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Oh, that's cold! Good...but cold.

Might be more "cool" than "cold," imho. I think cold would be if jarestel added: "A new, updated DVC web site will be announced that will help to phase in on-line booking." :lmao:

Hmm, 2017?

I predict:

- every DVC room will have flatscreen plasma HD TVs
- every TV will be a computer hybrid with web surfing and telephony
- every telephone will be replaced with a videophone (integrated in the TV)
- every Disney room will have free internet
- Online bookings will be the norm
- CRV will be open for about 5 years
- 1-2 more onsite DVCs will be selling or built
- DVCs onsite with DisneyLand and EuroDisney will be selling or built
- My then 20 year old niece will be working the college program and getting me some backstage passes on my regular visits
- Treehouse Villas will be taking public bookings. (Students will just live underground like gnomes.)

This sounds fun!

New DVC resorts in:

Hawaii
Disneyland
San Francisco
Colorado
New York City
London
Paris - existing Marriott at DLP
Contemporary@WDW

Disney will buy existing properties in Hawai, Colorado Paris, and maybe others.

Disney will strike a deal with Delta or other airline to purchase airfare with points.

Could you imagine going to these place, airfare and all on points, without the ridiculous prices of the Adventures by Disney?

O.K., maybe not by 2017, but they'd be well on their way with some strategic purchases.

DVC Poly, DVC Grand Floridian are complete.

1 to 2 more standalone DVC Resorts in Florida

2 DVC Resorts associated with DisneyLand

There will be one or two Offsite resorts that will be mini-destinations in themselves - they will include features like an indoor waterpark. They will have a DVC component plus a regular resort hotel component. Possibilities might include Texas (yeah Disney in Texas after years of rumors) that could include horse back riding and other "dude ranch" type activities.

This sounds fun!

New DVC resorts in:

Hawaii
Disneyland
San Francisco
Colorado
New York City
London
Paris - existing Marriott at DLP
Contemporary@WDW

Disney will buy existing properties in Hawai, Colorado Paris, and maybe others.

Disney will strike a deal with Delta or other airline to purchase airfare with points.

Could you imagine going to these place, airfare and all on points, without the ridiculous prices of the Adventures by Disney?

O.K., maybe not by 2017, but they'd be well on their way with some strategic purchases.

lol i love it but hay dont forget phx az, this place is booming and we have one theam park and it sucks.. we need a huge one maybe disney will build here lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter