11/01/03 Eastern Cruisers, I know you're out there!!!

Thanks Darren We always tip above and beyond the suggested for the tips. We feel the amounts are way too low for the work they do and have always gotten exceptional service.I was talking about the additional people.::D
Maybe I will run out and get some.

I can't believe we only have 4 days left. I'm starting to get nervous. I was reading the navigators and there is something mentioned about being a future sportscaster. THere is a time and place to meet if you are interested, but it doesn't give any further details. Does anyone know how old you have to be to enter? My 5 yr. old is a total sports nut. He gets up in the morning and watching ESPN. He would love to do this if he could.

It's going to be really hard working this week. I'm halfway packed and trying to figure out how to fit the rest. Good luck to everyone on the packing. See you soon.

:wave2:

OMG we leave in just over 75 hours (and I have to work 27 more and sleep and pack and shower and....)

My 6 year old would LOVE that Sportscaster thing too; he spent Sat. afternooon watching 2 college football games and stayed up late to watch the World Series (I think he watched every game during the playoffs at least until schoolnight bedtimes)!

OMG

I am 1/2 packed (I think). Pedicure tonight, soccer practice tomorrow night; WHEN am I going to finish?

I might have to give up sleep

Hi everyone! I am CRENZE's sister in law. I have been lurking since we booked, but finally decided to post. I am the one who is surprising her two ds. We had originally decided to tell them on the plane, but my oldest (12yo) figured it out! (he's too smart for his own good). Now, he's worried he won't have anyone to talk to (besides his brother). Any other 12 yo's sailing with us?

Cindy is so excited, she's jumping up and down like her smiley on her counter!.

:earsboy: :earsboy: ::MinnieMo

Hi everyone! I am CRENZE's sister in law. I have been lurking since we booked, but finally decided to post.

I am a fellow lurker but wanted to let you know my 12 year old son will also be on this cruise.

hi leggoons,

my son will be so happy, I'll let him know there are "others"

::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

and one ::MinnieMo staying home with Grandma

Leggoons...great to see another St. Louisan on board. You can tell us at the DISmeet what high school you attended. (Just kidding! For everyone else...it's a standard St. Louisan question.)

Regarding the ESPN Sportscaster thing...This is a nationwide search ESPN is doing to give someone the chance to be a Sportscenter anchor/work at ESPN for a year. I'm sure the minimum age requirement is 21. Not sure if they're still looking on board as was shown on the old Navigators...it was probably only for a couple cruises. They came to St. Louis one Saturday earlier this month.

I can't believe we leave this week!

Thank you St. Louisian's for not commenting on that horrible Pittsburgh vs. St. Louis game.....arrgghhhhh!!!!!
:confused:

see you all on Saturday!
::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

and ::MinnieMo baby home with Grandma for the week!

Julierei & leggoons:

My DS 11 1/2 will be thrilled to know that there will be other boys onboard. I was beginning to think he was going to be out numbered by the girls.

A couple more days, doesn't seem possible.

Tracy

Living in a mouse ear fog!

That's what someone told me today at work. (they were in a rotten mood and I'm "living in a mouse ear fog!" Less than a week and I'm in such a good mood)

Zach is 12, he thought for sure that he'd be the only boy on board. Nathan is 10, he doesn't know we're going yet. I'm so glad they'll have someone to hang with.

::MinnieMo (Julie, age undetermined LOL)
::MickeyMo (Zach 12)
::MickeyMo (Nathan 10)

and
::MinnieMo (Gwen 1), home with Grandma for the week!

Welcome aboard Sis and all of you other new comers! It's great to see you lurkers come out of the closet. :p

I created a movie list and sent it out to the list of people tht Debbie supplied in her last message. If I missed anyone please let me know and I will send it to you.

I can't believe it just 4 more days!!

Cindy :wave:

:firefight

4 more days? You're living easy girl; we're leaving in 60-some hours! And I'm not packed!

Guess I should get off the computer and do somethinig about that!

Welcome to all the newbies!

Does someone have the portable blender packed? I think I need it (hmmmm, maybe I should go downstairs and experiment with my own blender instead of packing??)

Have any of you checked the weather report? Looks like we may in for a bit of a rainy cruise. :(

Well, I started packing, but I don't have enough room for all my shoes! I was planning on wearing skirts to dinner each night, but I think that idea just went out the window. Each outfit has a different pair of shoes in a different color! I hope capris are OK for the casual nights. I don't think I have enough time to buy some mix and match type outfits so I can wear the same shoes.

i noticed it was going to be rainy too. So what happens at the ports if it is rainy??

Question about dinner rotation. I know the tropical menu is Tuesday, but I am reading different things about Small World and Captains Gala menu. We are trying to decide which one we could skip to go to Palo's and have our three possibilities for reservations at Palo's given our rotation.

Have any of the DIS veterans done the Spa taster on the cruise. I figured that was a good one to try.

RAIN? What? Where? Oh NO!

I will say that last year on Palo night I refused to walk along Deck 9 to get there; we took Deck 8 over and then the stairs. It was so freaking windy up top and I wasn't ruining my hair for dinner!

I've given up on the menu/rotation; who knows what is when anymore? I doubt we'll see the new EAstern navigators by this week.

I'm doing capris one night too, so strasfamily; you're in good shape!

Julie and Cindy I know the feeling. I am 4'11. Capris are the perfect length pants.
I am glad to hear people are wearing pants though.I am a few dresses short. We leave in22 hours and I am not packed

LOL and to me they're normally pants that weren't hemmed but on me they look like they were. I'm not super tall (5'7") but I have a high waist and *all pants* are too short. I finally found llbean jeans which come in Medium Tall or Tall lengths - woo hoo!

I was going to bring a soft sided cooler that is on wheels so you can pull it. Well, it is staying home - it is taking up too much room in my suitcase. I was going to do the order the sandwiches from room service, and bring them with on our excursions. I told my hubby - we are on vacation - we will just have to not be cheap and buy our lunches on the islands.

Anybody else bringing a cooler? Maybe I should just find a smaller one? I bought the one with wheels specificially for the cruise - oops!

I bought a soft sided cooler at walmart for under $10. It does nto have wheels but I figured one of our excursions is on a chartered boat with just the four of us, so I better have something. I does take up room, but not too much since it collapses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter