12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
lbgraves said:
I am watching the Today Show coverage and remembering that day. I took DS to 2 yr PS at 9 am then DD to her 1 year check up. On the way there I heard about a small plane hitting the tower. With images of a crop duster type plane bouncing off the building & falling to the street below I said a prayer for anyone it woud have hit on the ground. While in the room waiting for the doctor, I heard the nurses talking about a terroist attack. On the way home they announced smoke coming from the pentagon. I turned on the TV & was stunned to see both towers burning. I sat on the couch clutching DD until 11:45 when I had to pick up DS. I went right back to the couch watching TV until DS asked why someone was knocking down all the buildings. DH was at his parent's. His mom had her first tumor removed on 9/10, or he would have been out of town at meetings and I would have been even more upset worrying about him flying home.

I guess this is our generation's "where were you" event. Before this, I thought that was when the first shuttle exploded. I was a freshman in college on my way to class and heard about it from a friend on the sidewalk.

I will always remember that awful day also. I flew to St Louis on Sept 10. I was there for work. I have never felt so alone, so unprepared, so not knowing what to do. I was not able to get back home until Sunday. The feeling is still with me today when I think about those days that followed. Since that day, DrHug and I have not traveled further than we could drive if needed without each other. I got my priorities straight Sept. 11, 2001.

pyramid2000 said:
I thought ***s were for T-****! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I miss Angie and Dennis. I think they will be home today! :Pinkbounc

How pathetic is that. I miss people I don't even know (even more than DH) :lmao:
You know US!! :grouphug: And we missed you too!

I just bought magnetic sheets, gloss white. They are 4 for $13.75. I just print directly from my computer on to them. Did I get overcharged? Staples FYI

pyramid2000 said:
Ok, I had promised myself to get off by 11, now 11:10 or so. Gotta go!!
But first, how about we stop posting til Brandi catches up?? :confused3

:rolleyes1

:rotfl:
And Angie! Angie needs to catch up! :surfweb: I finally gave up, stopped reading at the posts from late Sat night and went to posts beginning this morning. :sad2:

lillygator said:
I've had a cigar ONCE....and it was at DTD/PI...it was in 1997 the first time I took DH to Disney....we went to HOB and somehow somewhere along the way ended up with cigars....I have a picture with it in front of the Virgin sign.

that was my first and last.....we aren't smokers, not sure what we were doing?? One too many I guess.
DrHug and I have enjoyed a few fine cigars! Last cruise on deck 9 watching football on the Dumbotron with a glass of cognac. AAAAWWWW. Just doesn't get any better than that!! :cloud9:

MrsMork said:
And Angie! Angie needs to catch up! :surfweb: I finally gave up, stopped reading at the posts from late Sat night and went to posts beginning this morning. :sad2:

Wait, do you mean you skipped the Steelers game commentary that I did with John and PJ????? And their comments on Troy Polamalu's hair???

I figure I need to book something for next year at WDW to prevent myself from booking next year’s cruise. :rotfl: With DS starting school and all of our time off restrictions at work this is getting difficult. I am now thinking about the week of Thanksgiving. I don’t like the real hot weather so late November would be nice but I know the crowds will be bad. :sad2: Have any of you guys gone during that time frame? I love the off-season – we have been so spoiled. We are used to waits of no longer than 15-20 minutes for most things and lots of walk-ons. Would it be too huge of a shock for us?

We really enjoyed our 2 nights at AKL last time so I was thinking about booking there again with the dining plan. We already have tickets and we would drive so I think we could even do it without spending too much money – well at least less than another cruise. ;)

lillygator said:
Awww, do you have something planned?
Our big celebration was this past weekend - Sept 9 - which is the anniversary of the day we met at Disneyland. Actual anniversary this year will probably be a little quiet. Just posting!!

87Heel said:
Wait, do you mean you skipped the Steelers game commentary that I did with John and PJ????? And their comments on Troy Polamalu's hair???
Yes, :sad2: but I will have to go back read that! :surfweb: I have only been doing this for 3 hours now!!

pyramid2000 said:
I so can't wait to meet you two!! I need to see what romance is.:love:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
You know DrHug is truly a romantic and makes it so easy for me. His sis gave us a anniversary card (they went to Club 33 with us) and she wrote "to a couple that is an inspiration for all who wish for an never ending honeymoon." How sweet is that? :love:

Jhalkias said:
Here are Sophia's pictures from Sadie's . . .

I think she made a pretty good fairy - the first two are "Retro" color, and the last one is natural color.

Notice they put Sophia in the jar she is holding and in the reflection too . . .

20420Fairy3.jpg

This one is my favorite

20420Fairy2_0001.jpg

Although I like this one too . . .

20420fairy1_0001.jpg

John1

John, those are.....those are....I'm speechless and that does not happen often. How adorable!

elaineteresa said:
Angie - I don't understand? Jordan stayed while you and hubby made fireworks?

LOL. Gotcha!!!!

elaine :cool1:
:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: Yep, there were fireworks in the air and on the ground! :lmao: :rotfl2:

lbgraves said:
I have to say thank you to everyone for their support & help last night even though everything may not have ended as hoped. I have NEVER been part of such a wonderful group of people. Kim & Carla....you two didn't have to be there with us at 3 am however your presence really helped everyone who was waiting for the 90 day mark to arrive. Checking availability and times for excursions still showing open on your own reservations was extremely helpful for the pre booking planning. Both of you also cancelled your Palo resies in order to see which times were still open so that we had a chance to select a couple of alternate times. Kim, I feel terrible about your CC booking being so messed up now when you were trying to help us out.

Everyone else in chat last night was also great. I remember Caroline had a problem with the Dolphin excursion and several of you walked her thru finding the correct excursion. Someone also checked the times available for the stingrays at CC to make sure that there was still an 11 time before I cancelled the 10 am that showed up incorrectly after there wasn't even a 10 available for me to choose from. I would have rather rushed to make it to the 10 am than risk losing out completely. All of the encouraging words for all of us who had problems with the stupid system really helped me get thru what would have otherwise been a horrible experience. (OK it still stinks but the tears only lasted a few minutes versus hours if I had been on my own.)

Thinking about the 6-8 hours I spent chatting to you while trying to go to sleep at 5 am this morning...well, that is why we can't stay away from the thread here, why we end up driving our SOs a little mad with our DIS adiction that they just can't "get", and why we check the thread every so often hoping to see another post...which we know will be there, and much more than all of the misspellings and inside jokes that would drive others away. I have only met a few of you yet I have never felt this close to a group of people since I was in high school. Over the past year or more for some of us...we have shared everything together......births, deaths, illness, seperations, celebrations, birthdays, kids, and everything else that could possibly happen to someone.

I am excited for our cruise to get here ~ probably more so than any of the other cruises ~ not just so that we can cruise with the mouse again, but because we will be cruising with all of you! As sappy as this may sound ~ it is true. I am very proud to be a part of this group and I hope that our friendships last far beyond disembarkation on 12/16/06.

Lisa, thank you. Exactly how Dennis and I feel. We are so looking forward to meeting those we have not already met and know that we have formed some lifetime friendships here on this thread. :grouphug:

MrsMork said:
I got the Waikiki dress for me and camp shirts for DrHug and Aaron. And yes we are corny too and will be dressed alike most every day.
We also have this set. We will be the matching geeky Kline family!!!!

lbgraves said:
OK, I just went thru the dining stuff again and added Diana's people to the list. ;) I was off on the count on the site and the spreadsheet so I went thru and checked each one. Vanessa's dad wasn't on the site and Carla's DH must have gotten to my spread sheet. ;) Everything is current now.

We have 139 people linked for dining with the DIS group!!!!! Some are completely unaware of what they will be going thru. :lmao: Some facts....
86 people in early dining - 5 full stations - 15 tables
53 people in late dining - 3 full stations - 9 tables

This is going to be fun!!!

46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif
46911chatting.gif

So when does the seating chart get posted on the website ?????

pirate:

John - I have not gotten to your Sophia's Sadies pictures. I just saw what Angie quoted. They are awesome! She is so pretty! They are wonderful...worth every single penny!!!!!

I have not seen the pic of Aaron with a beard...but (this is Just my Opinion) SHAVE IT OFF!!!! Smooth is so nice! (Yes I am still catching up!)

pyramid2000 said:
Oh crud! The class my niece wanted me to take with her is full. :rolleyes: I will have to go to the college tomorrow and see if they can possibly squeeze me in. She's gonna hit me.
What class are you taking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter