12 days in WDW, where we ate...part 3

Erikarate

married her prince
Recap places and players:
Me, DH, DD 8, DS 6
4 days at AKL Concierge, 8 days at BWV (1 BR unit)

Rating Scale:
10- everything perfect...food, service, atmosphere (very rare)
9- excellent, almost perfect
7-8- very good, overall great experience
5-6- mediocre, might not return
3-4- bad, not returning
1-2- should close this place down!!!

7/15/03 - Grand Adventures in Cooking

This is a kids-only program, which means DH and I have some time to relax, shop, and explore the Grand Floridian where it is located. We usually have breakfast at the GF Cafe when the kids do these types of activities (i.e. the Pirate Cruise) but we weren't too hungry. We dropped off the kids at the Mousekateer Club at 9:45am. They give you a beeper and tell you to pick the kids up in the waiting area by GF Cafe. The kids come donned in their hand decorated chef hats and aprons and give to the passers by and staff their creation.

The creation du jour was the ever-so-gourmet worms in dirt. I have to admit it was priceless to see the children...so proud of the dessert they made. It was layers of chocolate pudding, oreo cookie crumbs, and gummy worms. It was yummy. DH had a few of them, which were served in individual plastic containers.

Overall rating: 8, the kids loved it, we loved the time alone, the staff seemed friendly...would do it again...

7/15/03 dinner, California Grill

This is our favorite restaurant on Disney property. Our meal this evening was excellent, however we've had better meals here. For example last time I had the tuna with coconut curry sauce which was the best entree I've had there yet.

They foccacia and olive oil they bring out is alwaysa treat. This evening we ordered a California Roll...as usual the best sushi ever (though Wolfgang Puck is excellent too). We also split a triple cheese and garlic flatbread which was good, but didn't blow me away the way their smoked salmon flatbread does. Somehow we were able to also share a romaine salad with fried rock shrimp and "green godess" dressing. We've had this before and it is excellent.

For our entrees, I had Mahi Mahi with Fava Beans and Crimini Mushroom Risotto. The fish was good, but a little bland. DH's Pork Tenderloin with Polenta was wonderful. It is one of their signature dishes...I may order this next time. The kids both had grilled chicken breast with roasted potatoes and green beans (thank goodness no chicken fingers!!!). Of course I sampled theirs and it was excellent...a dish I would order!!!

Couldn't finish my entree, so we skipped dessert as well. Our server was good, but so unmemorable I can't recall what he looked like, whereas from our May dining experience I remember Wendy VERY well. She was excellent. Atmosphere here is second to none IMO. The view of MK is spectacular.

Overall rating: 8, the lowest I've ever given this place. However we absolutely will come back as the majority of our experiences here have been near perfect.

Was going to review more this post, but getting tired...

Will review at some point:
Electric Umbrella
Beaches and Cream
Flying Fish
Tusker
BW Bakery
Wolfgang Puck
ABC Commissary
Kona Cafe
Primetime Cafe
Market Street Cafe, Celebration
Brown Derby

oh, the pork tenderloin with polenta is my favorite...I hesitate ordering pork when we go out to eat as it usually isn't done well, but CG hits it out of the park with theirs :)

Great reviews--just a quick question. What is green goddess dressing? I know I've heard it mentioned here before, but I can't think of what it is.

Swankybeth-

It was creamy, like a caesar dressing...I think it is green from chopped herbs in it...maybe parsley and basil. The salad had a lot of parmesan cheese on it.

Enjoying all these reviews.
That Pork entree is what I always wind up getting at CG.
Did you sit in the main area or the "wine room"?
And were you seated immediately, or was there a wait?? Seems every time we go to CG there is a wait, even with PS.

Hi Uncleromulus!!!
I was wondering when I would hear from you...
We had a great window seat in the main dining room. We had a PS for 5:45pm and did not wait at all.

Thanks, always love your reviews. I'm waiting to hear about your experience at Flying Fish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter