1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 1 great time at POR *Completed 9/5*

That's an awful long wait for a bus. Sorry about that. :( It looks like the rest of the night was great though. I tear up on my last visit to MK every single time. :sad: I hate leaving!

I just love your trip reports! So many pictures! My kids are young now, but I can't wait to stay up super late with them in MK.

I'm also kinda bummed that your trip is almost over. Don't you wish you could just live there?

Even though it's a grainy picture, I think your DD looked nice in the 3-D glasses at Mickey's Philharmagic.

Glad you and DD were able to make the most of your last evening of the trip.

I can't believe its almost over! That looks like a fun night at the MK. I can relate to the bus situation that happened to us this past trip too every other bus but the one we wanted.

I'm so sad the trip is almost over! I've so enjoyed reading your family's adventures; y'all are a fun group!

There is nothing like spending your last night in the MK! I can't spend it anywhere else. I always look forward to it and dread it at the same time. It's very bittersweet.

There is nothing like spending your last night in the MK! I can't spend it anywhere else. I always look forward to it and dread it at the same time. It's very bittersweet.
I agree completely with this sentiment...couldn't have said it any better! This year, we are moving to Universal after Disney. At first I was bummed, because I wanted Disney to be the last experience I had, but now I'm kind of thinking it might be better, as I'll still have something to look forward to, so maybe it will make parting with MK/Disney a little easier.

Alan, I am finally all caught up (been sick since we got back from Vegas two weeks ago and have just now been catching up on reports the last couple of days).

A great morning at the MK; we had our first (and last :rotfl:) Dole Whips last year.

It's nice to change the plans up a bit and do something different. I'm glad you got some time at Blizzard Beach. I love the "Frozen" borders...those are perfect for Blizzard Beach.

I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner at Cape May. I read recently that the crab legs have been taken off the menu again (the only reason I would go back).

It's nice that you and DD got some time to do a few more things at the MK.

I can't wait to hear about your DTD and HS day before you head home.

What a wonderful way to end the evening and end the trip! It's nice that you could do a little daddy/daughter dual, I mean, bonding on Buzz Lightyear. ;)

Yay for late night MK fun! :)

Yeah it was awesome! Not too hot....and some great memories with DD!

Alan, I don't know what it is, but on the last several trips I've taken actually with people (I've been solo the last 2), I run into the exact same thing. The last night and nobody wants to go to the parks. Heresy!! Not this guy though. No way, I'm closing the parks down on my last night. So kudos to you and DD for doing the right thing!!! :thumbsup2

Yes, Peter Pan is THE Disney dark ride. So old and outdated and PERFECT!

Heresy is absolutely right my friend! I can sleep at home! I'm glad that DD and I got to spend that time together...that was special!

I agree 100% about Peter Pan...it is just perfect! Some classics take us back to a simpler time. I just love that ride!

Your meal at Cape May looked delish. Did I hear correctly that they are removing the clams from the menu? That wouldn't bother me, my husband likes that place mainly for the seafood.

That's great that you were able to spend some one on one time with your daughter. You can sleep at home, close the park!

Oh wow I hadn't heard that. They can't really call it a "clam bake" if they don't have clams! I love seafood but I don't really care for clams. Crab legs, on the other hand, are one of my favorites!

That's exactly what I was thinking about that last night! I can sleep at home! And what a special time it was with just DD and me enjoying MK one last time!

Oh wow sounds like late night at MK is a great time to ride :cool1:

Oh absolutely! I will be changing my touring plans in the future to include spending the bulk of my time in the parks at night. Less crowded, not so hot, etc. It was awesome!

That's an awful long wait for a bus. Sorry about that. :( It looks like the rest of the night was great though. I tear up on my last visit to MK every single time. :sad: I hate leaving!

Yeah we ALMOST gave up and just called it a night. I'm so glad that we were patient and had a wonderful evening! It would've made leaving even that much harder.

Love this review!

Thank you nagshead! Welcome aboard!

Oh no! It's almost over. I've loved reading all about your trip. What a wonderful family you have!!!

Still got one more fun-filled day ahead! Thank you very much for the compliments!

I just love your trip reports! So many pictures! My kids are young now, but I can't wait to stay up super late with them in MK.

I'm also kinda bummed that your trip is almost over. Don't you wish you could just live there?

Yeah, this was a totally different experience from previous trips. With the kids now being teens they enjoyed staying up late and having a great time in the parks!

Gosh, don't you wish you could? I would settle for annual passes! :rotfl2: We still have one more day ahead!

Even though it's a grainy picture, I think your DD looked nice in the 3-D glasses at Mickey's Philharmagic.

Glad you and DD were able to make the most of your last evening of the trip.

Aww, thanks! She's really an awesome girl! I couldn't ask for better teens! It was nice for she and I to get to make some memories together on our last night. I especially enjoyed her seeing Carousel of Progress with me.

I can't believe its almost over! That looks like a fun night at the MK. I can relate to the bus situation that happened to us this past trip too every other bus but the one we wanted.

It really was a fun night! I'm amazed at how much you can do later at night. I think we sort of used the newness of 7DMT to our advantage. It was like half the people in the park were in that line, and that left shorter lines for everything else.

I've only had that happen with the buses one other time....and it was MK bus that time also.

I'm so sad the trip is almost over! I've so enjoyed reading your family's adventures; y'all are a fun group!

Thank you VERY much! We still have one more good day ahead!

Wonderful night at Magic Kingdom for you and DD -- well, other than the wait for the bus.

I'm glad we didn't give up on the bus! It was totally worth waiting for!

Same here.

Thank you very much! It's been a pleasure putting this trip report together! A new chapter is coming up!

I'm now convinced that I will want to go to MK first thing and last thing on future trips. It is definitely bittersweet at the end, but it makes you appreciate being 'in the moment'. Memories like these definitely last a lifetime.

I agree completely with this sentiment...couldn't have said it any better! This year, we are moving to Universal after Disney. At first I was bummed, because I wanted Disney to be the last experience I had, but now I'm kind of thinking it might be better, as I'll still have something to look forward to, so maybe it will make parting with MK/Disney a little easier.

That sounds like a great strategy! We've never been to Universal, but I really want to go. I'm going to be attending a conference in Orlando this coming February with some of my students. We are thinking we may take them to Universal for one day.

Alan, I am finally all caught up (been sick since we got back from Vegas two weeks ago and have just now been catching up on reports the last couple of days).

A great morning at the MK; we had our first (and last :rotfl:) Dole Whips last year.

It's nice to change the plans up a bit and do something different. I'm glad you got some time at Blizzard Beach. I love the "Frozen" borders...those are perfect for Blizzard Beach.

I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner at Cape May. I read recently that the crab legs have been taken off the menu again (the only reason I would go back).

It's nice that you and DD got some time to do a few more things at the MK.

I can't wait to hear about your DTD and HS day before you head home.

Hi Kathy! :wave2: Sorry to read that you've been sick. I hope you're feeling better! :thumbsup2

I'm glad you liked the "Frozen" borders on the Blizzard Beach pics! :rotfl2: Since we weren't a part of the great Anna and Elsa craze, I thought that border would be great for a Blizzard Beach photo! One thing I love about Blizzard Beach is that the facades actually make you feel a little bit cooler on a hot summer day!

Oh no! If Cape May takes crab legs off the menu I wouldn't go back. All four of us LOVE crab legs!

DD and I had a great time at MK that night! She loves all things Disney as much as I do, and there was NO WAY we were missing out on some park fun on our last night!

A new chapter is coming right up!

What a wonderful way to end the evening and end the trip! It's nice that you could do a little daddy/daughter dual, I mean, bonding on Buzz Lightyear. ;)

Hi Lisa! :wave2: Ummm, wasn't much of a dual on Buzz....she kicked my butt! :rotfl2: I'm glad she and I got to do some of our favorites that night also like Philharmagic, Peter Pan, and Buzz. It was a great night!

That dreaded day had arrived...Thursday, June 5...check out day. And it was HOTTT! After a late night at Magic Kingdom, we were in no big hurry to get up that morning. DW and DS had done a lot of packing for the return trip home the night before while DD and I were enjoying our last night in the park.

We got everything loaded up and left the room. I drove over to the main building to go check out.

As I was checking out, I knew I would owe some money because we had charged some drinks from the Muddy Rivers pool bar to our account using our MagicBands. I was very confused when the lady checking me out informed me that I had a CREDIT to my account and they owed me $43. ??? What? She printed off a copy of the itemized bill....and that's when I discovered what had happened...

Remember me telling you all about our server, Edna, at our Boma breakfast on Tuesday? Well....guess what. Edna had DOUBLE CHARGED us for our meals. Instead of taking four dining credits, somehow were were charged for eight dining credits. Apparently, she or someone had discovered the mistake after the fact, and our account was credited. However, we now had four less dining credits than we were supposed to have! We had dining reservations on this day for lunch at Sci-Fi and dinner at Sanaa. We were now going to have to pay out of pocket for one of those meals. I was not happy. Anyway, at least our account was credited and instead of owing money at check-out, we were refunded from Boma double charging us.

After checking out, we drove to Downtown Disney. We still had an insane amount of snack credits left. (32 to be exact!) So where do you go on your last day with all those snack credits? Goofy's Candy Company at Downtown Disney!

The construction at DTD is an absolute mess. There was nowhere to park anywhere near where Goofy's Candy Company is. I stopped and let DW, DD and DS out while I went to find a parking spot.

By the time I met back up with them at Goofy's Candy Company, they were already loading up on snacks! They were getting things to bring back home to friends as souvenirs. They decided to save some for Hollywood Studios as well. So after a successful candy run, we strolled through the construction-riddled Downtown Disney.

We headed back to our van and left Downtown Disney. DD really wanted to see the Art of Animation resort, so I had promised her that at some point on this trip I would take her. So before heading to Hollywood Studios, we made a pit stop at Art of Animation. This is such a neat resort! It was REALLY hot, so DS and DW decided to stay in the van while DD and I had a look around.

Coming up next: our final visit to Hollywood Studios and lunch at Sci-Fi!

:sad2: I can't believe your trip is coming to an end!! What a wonderful trip!

I am with your DD, I want to visit the AoA just to look around! It looks like so much fun!

Awww I hate the last day! :( The only thing that keeps me going is knowing I WILL be back. :)

Just wondering, why didn't they give you the credits back instead of giving you money? Seems they would have just done that.

I love DTD but, man o man what a mess. I know it's for a good cause and it will be worth it though. Hopefully they will at least have the parking garage done by the time we go back in December.

I have yet to go to AoA either. I might have to take a side trip over and check it out myself.

:sad2: I can't believe your trip is coming to an end!! What a wonderful trip!

I am with your DD, I want to visit the AoA just to look around! It looks like so much fun!

It really was a great trip! If I had to do it over again, I would add one more night. This trip just seemed to go by too fast.

AofA is so cool! It's just fun to walk around and take a look! It's almost like a miniature theme park itself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter