• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

13 days till this Atlantic Duck swims the Pacific!

DFD

<font color=darkorchid>You know that feeling you g
:donald: :donald: :donald:

Hi... it has been a long time since I made one of this. Where to start... I have been a regular on this board and had a few name change since I have witness a few "ugly" scenes and yes I am under the the witness protection program :lmao: :goodvibes.

Ok... I celebrated my 7th birthday at DLR… all I can remember was… “Finally I am going to meet the wicked sisters! “. I learned Cinderella from the lady who used to watch us while mom and dad were at work. And if my memory serves me right from that very moment I never wanted to be Cinderella like the other girls in class. Ok going back to DLR… at age 7 that’s all I remember that I was glad to see the Mouse in Plush (flesh) and the wicked step sisters. Sad though that I don’t have the pictures here with me but mom have them in her lifetime collection of me… LOL Years later my dad was assigned to work in New Mexico and eventually we moved to San Diego from all over the place. My 3 oldest sisters worked at DLR as CM when they were in college, which gave me easy access to DLR… Then life path changed and I moved here in the Right (East) Coast… And yes that’s where I celebrated my 21st birthday… I went to Disney World! Since then to the present I have been going “X” number of times a year. I can go to WDW with no more index cards, cheat sheets and or binders. I land at Mickey’s corporate office (MCO) take the bus, which also recently I learn, how to do (thanks to Candice30’s Mom who was there to hold my hand on my 1st bus ride in 2008). Ok going back to DLR topics again… bear with me there is a logical point somewhere here, promise! OK here it is the reason why I started this trip report . We got this new instruments at work where the training ground is about a mile away from DLR, DCA, DTD area. I did not really pay aatention on who can go since it was a given that it is always the dayshift crew who gets to go on extended training. But at the end of 2009 there were hints flying all over the place that there is one more slot and they are thinking of sending one from the off shift. I am from the off shift! Well to make the long story short… wooohooooo I am leaving in 13 days!!! And since I will be there for 2 weeks… I am just going to wing it!

The plan is go to class 7:30AM to 3:30PM go back to the room and walk to either park or DTD and hopefully remember where to go and what do. I am just glad that DLR is now open till midnight which means Monday to Friday will be DLR and Saturday and Sunday will be DCA, yes I am dedicating 2 full days to DCA hopefully that would be sufficient. Mind you my one sister is about 20 minutes away and I am hoping she don’t insist on hanging out even though I have not seen her in 7 years LOL and my one sister who is from San Diego is also hinting of a reunion. There is really no pint for the reunion since we never had seen anything eye to eye… ok going back to the happy planning… I also learn that the hotel I am staying at is under the “Superior” class of the Disney neighborhood lodging which is awesome… free lodging with microwave and refrigerator Yes!!! It would be just like staying at SSR ( I know I am so dependent on the skills I have developed from WDW that I feel like I am a fish out of water.. well more like an Atlantic Ocean fish swimming in the Pacific!!!). Ok the Bus pick us up at 7:15Am which means grab a quick breakfast and since the room has the coffee maker like a WDW trooper… I am bringing my own coffee filter and my Starbucks Coffee, I know right.. what am I thinking I am going to California, everybody drinks Starbucks there and Jamba Juice and some other fancy sssshhhtuff!! But I will not have time to grab and go to Starbucks (BTW thank you to all who got me Starbucks Card for Xmas I really am enjoying it!). So wake up, make coffee, grab breakfast at the hotel restaurant which btw is included ( can I just say I am loving my job right now!) grab some granola bars to take and get to the bus stop (almost sounds like I am going for rope drop LOL). Lunch will be serve in the premeses where the class is being held and pens down at 3:15PM since we have to be at the bus stop by 3:30PM and from there… off to scout the place…

So far that is all I have right now. I have not pack yet for I don’t know what to pack. I know bussiness casual for class but for the Parks… hmm all I have are my crocs Patra and Cleo other than that I am so lost! “heavy sigh”

Ok more dillema... I lost the number to call for the convention ticket prices so for the time being I went in and check the DLR site at disney.go.com and found that hey have the 3 day hopper for $149 and some cents. I already have 4 one day hopper to use but if I am going to be there for 2 weeks I am thinking of getting more tickets to use. I shoul have done my give a day get a day act sooner but my volunteer day is not till end of March since I was not expecting that I will be needing tickets. The ticket I was going to get there is going to be donated for one of my friends project for kids at work. Only now I also learned that you can upgrade those tickets... see what happened with no preparations... Also I dont think I should get the AP version for DLR (sorry I am not sure with the lingo anymore on that side of the World forgive me for my mistakes) since I dont think I will be back anytime soon after this trip. It took me 16 years to get to do this and it is not even my own planning but because of work which means it might take another 16 years before I get to go back. Dont get me worng DLR is wonderful but being in the Right Coast it is easier and cheaper to get to WDW than DLR. Just liked when I used to live in San Diego getting to DLR every weekend was no problem.

On the positive note... I already have my snacks ready for the trip :goodvibes

OK.. still have not pack anything yet but again those crocs.. even ordered a new pir last night... I know it is not in the budget but then you cannot have enough crocs.

Also yesterday I did stop by at hallmark not that I need anything but saw Donald with a face that only a true Donald fan could love.. uh huh I know I am crazy for Donald... everytime I have a picture taken with Daisy I always wonder which exit does she takes... :rolleyes1

anyway here is Donald!!!

24775_1261050087907_1279340500_30688422_2636553_n.jpg

he is tooooooo cute... if you hold him by his ears he yells put me down let go of my ears.. something like that.. if you press that red thing on his web he starts dancing and moves forward..

So yes folks thats all I did for the last 24 hours... still contemplating... Still no set plans...

Oh but I did buy some of my favorite breakfast beldn trail mix for the trip, and some magazine to read on the plane. Still looking for a good book to buy and read.. any suggestion ???

to be cont....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter