1800 Flowers Work At Home Opportunity (Select States)

does anyone know if they are still hiring? I used the link in the first post and didnt see anything that matched this job description

I don't know if anyone is still checking this thread, but I have some hours I'm going to be posting for next Wed, it's a decent shift too, all but an hour or so of it is sales, it's a 9 hour shift. If anyone wants it, please let me know! I'd rather arrange it with one of my "dis" friends!

Has anyone had trouble posting an AWOP or vacation in Pipkins? I am trying to put in my time off for our Dis trip at the end of August. I put everything in and it just says loading - and then times out. ARgggghh!!

Keepr trying to post your vacation /AWOp- it takes a while but does go through. Anyone else given off the whole first week of July? I'm only working Sat and Sun but am trying to get more hours.

Keepr trying to post your vacation /AWOp- it takes a while but does go through. Anyone else given off the whole first week of July? I'm only working Sat and Sun but am trying to get more hours.

No! I'm looking to give up some hours that week too. Hubby got the week off and we might go camping! Send me a PM with what hours you are looking for!

I must be doing something wrong in Pipkins. I have tried to post it like 60 times over the last 3 days. I am selecting multiple days - putting in the dates I need and hitting ok and then it just says loading until it times out. ARRRGHHH!!!

How's everyone doing? I think our 90 days is almost up for many of us..just thought I'd see if everyone is hanging in there

I must be doing something wrong in Pipkins. I have tried to post it like 60 times over the last 3 days. I am selecting multiple days - putting in the dates I need and hitting ok and then it just says loading until it times out. ARRRGHHH!!!

Are you doing each day individually or trying to do all of the days in one shot? I was trying to get 4 days off in a row and was having issues, Bibi let me know that I needed to do each day individually and it's worked every time since.
Now if they could just stopping changing their decision regarding my requested days off, one day approved, next day preempted, next day approved, next day I have a schedule on those days. :confused3

Has everyone had a one on one with their SSM yet? I haven't. I noticed today my giveaways went through and are posted to the schedule. Maybe things will be smoother. I wish the 90 days weren't up soon though. Even on a very busy day my conversion was 75% once when I checked. Last nite I Worked 11- midinite and had solid 0's on my dashboard. 2 calls, no sales, no mer's nothing!

Anyone willing to pick up a short shift for me Thursday night 10:45pm-11:45pm? I had plans to spend a few days visiting my Mom and Grandma at the end of the week (they live out of town) and now I've been scheduled for that one hour which is all that's holding me back.

I would work the shift there but they do not have a home phone, only cells. =o(

If anyone can help me out let me know. I posted it but no one has taken it yet.

So....how do you get in on this? I went to their website but don't see anything about hiring. do they hire at various times of the year?

Also, typically how long do you work at a shift? I have the impression that you work 8 hours at a time, that might not work for me, do they have shorter shifts, like 4 hours at a time? How much do they pay per hour?

So....how do you get in on this? I went to their website but don't see anything about hiring. do they hire at various times of the year?

Also, typically how long do you work at a shift? I have the impression that you work 8 hours at a time, that might not work for me, do they have shorter shifts, like 4 hours at a time? How much do they pay per hour?

I applied through the 800 flowers sight, before they were hiring andn they called when they began hiring in March of '07. I was hired and trained by April of '07. They tell you the hours are non existant such as 10 hours a week. That has not been the case since I was hired, I am working a FULL TIME JOB. It is overwhelming and frustrating. B/c as you, I was only looking for "a little something extra". Don't get me wrong the money is great. I am in NY, and pay right now is still $10 an hour for me. After July it will go down to 7.15 an hour. (or whatever is min. wage in your ur state)
My advice to you...
If you get into this job..
BE VERY STRICT AND DECISIVE about what hours you are avail to work. And you will be fine.
I am stuck betwn a rock and a hardplace now b/c I said i was avail. 24/7, thinking i would just take what i could get b/c they made me think that hours were so scarce. And now, I get 40 hours a week with hours all mixed up, middle of the night 8 hour shifts, then i am back 2 hours later for another 6 hour shift. It sucks! lol
I have kids to take care of, and It is starting nto be a bit much.:eek:

ETA: That said, It is great to work from home. On my breaks, I kiss my baby girl good night and I read her books. And in crunches, instead of daycare..she can sit next to me and play a game or do workbooks btwn calls. And the money right now is AWSOME< b/c its 10 bucks an hour..and no gas money needed. WHICH IS GREAT!! SO its not all bad. And I think that a lot of it is that I was really open with my availabilty..which i will not be so much when the 90 days are up!
Good Luck to you!

I applied through the 800 flowers sight, before they were hiring andn they called when they began hiring in March of '07. I was hired and trained by April of '07. They tell you the hours are non existant such as 10 hours a week. That has not been the case since I was hired, I am working a FULL TIME JOB. It is overwhelming and frustrating. B/c as you, I was only looking for "a little something extra". Don't get me wrong the money is great. I am in NY, and pay right now is still $10 an hour for me. After July it will go down to 7.15 an hour. (or whatever is min. wage in your ur state)
My advice to you...
If you get into this job..
BE VERY STRICT AND DECISIVE about what hours you are avail to work. And you will be fine.
I am stuck betwn a rock and a hardplace now b/c I said i was avail. 24/7, thinking i would just take what i could get b/c they made me think that hours were so scarce. And now, I get 40 hours a week with hours all mixed up, middle of the night 8 hour shifts, then i am back 2 hours later for another 6 hour shift. It sucks! lol
I have kids to take care of, and It is starting nto be a bit much.:eek:

ETA: That said, It is great to work from home. On my breaks, I kiss my baby girl good night and I read her books. And in crunches, instead of daycare..she can sit next to me and play a game or do workbooks btwn calls. And the money right now is AWSOME< b/c its 10 bucks an hour..and no gas money needed. WHICH IS GREAT!! SO its not all bad. And I think that a lot of it is that I was really open with my availabilty..which i will not be so much when the 90 days are up!
Good Luck to you!

Thanks for the information.

In comparison, there's call center jobs near here that pay about $10-$12/hr, depending, and I don't know how long the shifts are. When you back out the cost of gas, child care, etc., something like this you're actually ahead!

how do you apply through the 800 flowers site? At one time this particular job was listed, now its not. Should I just send in an application stating that's the job I want?

Also, how do you handle taxes--income tax and social security? I understand if you're an independent contractor you get the full paycheck then you're responsible for paying the apporpriate taxes on time. Sounds like a hassle, but worth it money-wise. I might be more interested when school starts and I don't have the kids at home, hopefully they have hours that could work around that.

Hi there, they actually take taxes out just like regular pay roll, so we don't worry about that. And yes, I applied on the website directly. Any ?;s feel free to Pm me.!

I doubt they are hiring for this position right now as the class you take to start is 2 weeks long and done in a big conference call. I believe I heard they would not be hiring till nearer Thanksgiving time.

I doubt they are hiring for this position right now as the class you take to start is 2 weeks long and done in a big conference call. I believe I heard they would not be hiring till nearer Thanksgiving time.

Well...might as well apply. At least it might be some extra Christmas money!

Hi just checking in. Wanted to say hi..see how is sticking with it?? Darlene..again, love the pic! How was your trip??
I am doing well, the hours have slowed a bit, which is good/bad. Kind of got nice having all that extra moola!! lol
I am avging about 35 every 2 weeks. how about the rest of ya'll??

I am also avg. about 30 hours every two weeks. One week I will have a ton of hours and the next week about 6. I did hear from my Supervisor the other day that they just had another group finish their training about 2 weeks ago.

I'm still here, infact I'm about to go have some dinner and start my shift at 11pm. I've been working every Sunday all night and most of Monday night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter