1900 Park Fare Reopening April 10

Let's just throw a random assortment of characters together? Dumb.

We LOVED it the one time we got to do it pre covid. We did dinner and it was Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, and the two wicked step sisters.

Tremaine and the wicked step sisters were fantastic, they are absolutely hilarious and great character interactions. They at one point in the meal had Cinderella and Prince charming dance around to the wish your heart makes song which was also cool.

Hopefully they dont do DDP and make it be 2 table service credits but i'm sure they will.

It used to be Mary Poppins/Alice/Mad Hatter/Winnie the Pooh/Tigger at breakfast and Cinderella/Prince Charming/Tremaine/Step Sisters at dinner -- this post specifically calls out "breakfast and dinner" for these characters, so it sounds like it'll be the same character experience for both meals.
So...breakfast it is then since dinner will most likely be $60+ per adult. I'll be staying at BLT for my trip so it's a super easy monorail ride over there too.

I think it will help take some pressure off the other character/buffet dining places. I've never eaten there and while I won't say never will, I'm pretty sure I won't. I don't do buffets because they are a waste of money for me, I'm not a big meal eater. I also don't do character meals because I don't have a little one any more and really have no need to meet characters myself. Having said that, I do have an almost 3 year old grand daughter. Last time she was at Disney (in Dec.) she was still not into meeting the characters. I'm assuming that will change as she gets older. My son (her dad) wasn't really into meeting them that much either, although back then they were roaming around the parks and it was a little easier.

So...breakfast it is then since dinner will most likely be $60+ per adult. I'll be staying at BLT for my trip so it's a super easy monorail ride over there too.

Definitely breakfast! FWIW I preferred Breakfast to Dinner to begin with here, not only was it cheaper but the quality of food was better -- obviously hard to mess up eggs, bacon, mickey waffles, etc. but they had a french toast bread pudding with vanilla sauce, an omelette station that always had plentiful options, and of course: the strawberry soup was perfectly light and refreshing in the morning.

Yay! Of course, we leave April 5 to come but will definitely book on our Nov trip.

Eh, pass. Would've loved to have done the Cinderella dinner with Charming, and the stepsisters. Not sure why Disney keeps messing around with stuff like this. The stepsisters with Tremaine and the banter back and forth was a unique experience. Wouldn't mind paying $60 a person for a little dinner theater. Now it sounds generic, and slap dashed together.

I had zero interest until I saw Mirabel. Our 5-year-old is OBSESSED. Now we may need to rework June plans...

Let's just throw a random assortment of characters together? Dumb.

We LOVED it the one time we got to do it pre covid. We did dinner and it was Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, and the two wicked step sisters.

Tremaine and the wicked step sisters were fantastic, they are absolutely hilarious and great character interactions. They at one point in the meal had Cinderella and Prince charming dance around to the wish your heart makes song which was also cool.

Hopefully they dont do DDP and make it be 2 table service credits but i'm sure they will.
2 dining credits? For a resort character meal with only 4 characters? Hard pass.

This was so much fun before. We did the dinner almost every trip. RIP.

Eh, pass. Would've loved to have done the Cinderella dinner with Charming, and the stepsisters. Not sure why Disney keeps messing around with stuff like this. The stepsisters with Tremaine and the banter back and forth was a unique experience. Wouldn't mind paying $60 a person for a little dinner theater. Now it sounds generic, and slap dashed together.
Exactly that. And FWIW, Probably closer to $70.

Excited to hear this, but a little sad that it doesn't say Alice and Mad Hatter are staying as they are my favorite and were really the reason this was my favorite character meal. I hope they will actually still be there, but they just haven't said yet.

IIRC (back in 1999), breakfast was loosely tied to British characters- Alice and company (White Rabbit and Queen of Hearts) and Mary Poppins. Dinner changed over the years. At one point, The Beast held court in the lobby (and I have the cutest picture of DD, probably about 6yo at the time, dressed in her Belle ball dress, dancing with him). For one brief time, I believe they tried a villians theme at dinner, and then there was the stint with Cindy/Prince, mice, and stepsisters. I'm not sure that 1900 has ever had a cohesive character theme, but this next group of characters? Meh... hard to tie together.

Probably a pass for us. We loved the old breakfast characters. The dinner ones sounded awesome too. Oh well, plenty of other places to try.

Ugh. I was so excited to see it back. Just saw the character list. What the heck? How random. Will wait to see how it turns out but I doubt we will do the dinner, maybe the breakfast🤷🏼‍♀️. I really wanted to meet the stepsisters. Hope they add another rotating character. My kids don’t care much about this variety. I know many will be thrilled about Mirabel. I feel like Tiana should get her own meal at MK.

Loved it when it was the Cinderella theme. It fit with the space and decor. The stepsisters were the best. One time we went and Lady Tremaine wasn’t there but they had Fairy Godmother out instead! This seems completely random and the characters don’t go together at all. One of the things we enjoyed was the characters playing off each other, but now that would not really work since the characters don’t have anything in common with each other. was really looking forward to it reopening, but we will pass with this change

It used to be Mary Poppins/Alice/Mad Hatter/Winnie the Pooh/Tigger at breakfast and Cinderella/Prince Charming/Tremaine/Step Sisters at dinner -- this post specifically calls out "breakfast and dinner" for these characters, so it sounds like it'll be the same character experience for both meals.

Cinderella wishes upon a star, Aladdin wishes on the magic lamp, Tiana wishes on an evening star, but what the heck does Mirabel wish on? A large part of the storyline was the "gift" given to her family, but I don't know if that's necessarily a wish.
Mirabel wishes on the candle towards the end of her I Want song (Waiting on a Miracle). She directly addresses the candle when she sings "Bless me now as you blessed us all those years ago . . . ".

Agree. We used to love to do the dinner because of this. We have pics and video of DS when he was about 12 or 13 and one of the stepsisters was gently teasing him, trying to give him a kiss on the cheek. He was so embarrassed but laughing also. It was a great interaction we'll always remember. We were always entertained by the banter as well.

Mirabel wishes on the candle towards the end of her I Want song (Waiting on a Miracle). She directly addresses the candle when she sings "Bless me now as you blessed us all those years ago . . . ".

Got it, thanks! Been a minute since I watched Encanto but I do remember this now.

She still feels like a really loose connection for this group of characters -- I think it's exciting that she's here and I appreciate that they're trying to add more heroines & heroes to the character dining mix versus just princesses and the fab five, just feel like the storylining here could have been stronger.

I wonder if Asha from Wish could have been a better fit? Candidly haven't seen the movie yet but from what I gather, she might have been a fun addition to this lineup.

Cinderella wishes upon a star, Aladdin wishes on the magic lamp, Tiana wishes on an evening star, but what the heck does Mirabel wish on? A large part of the storyline was the "gift" given to her family, but I don't know if that's necessarily a wish.
Weird its Mirabel and not one of the most famous characters to wish upon a star....... Gepetto / Pinocchio? lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter