1900 Park Fare Reopening April 10

Theming is a bit weird. Agreed.

But excited to get some of these characters in the mix. And I’m guessing Disney is too, because they’re popular with the younger generation. Honest question: What % of children going to DW these days have even seen Mary Poppins or Alice in Wonderland?

Editing to add my guess. I’m betting it’s less than a quarter, and the sample size on DisBoards is not likely to be representative of the population as a whole.

Last edited:

But excited to get some of these characters in the mix. And I’m guessing Disney is too, because they’re popular with the younger generation. Honest question: What % of children going to DW these days have even seen Mary Poppins or Alice in Wonderland?
My answer would be that my 3 children were born between 2001-2005. They were shown all the Disney classic movies made well before their time and loved them (some more than others ofc). And they very much enjoyed the character breakfast and dinner at 1900 Park Fare. I think most of us are just disappointed in this new character mish mash that doesn't seem to fit the location. That's fine, we just won't book any meals here.

I bet it is going to be difficult to get reservations. Definitely going to add it to my plans for my next trip.

AND I'M ONE OF THEM!

rs_499x376-160127103130-Best_Oprah_Winfrey_GIFs_1.gif
This is me, 100%

I was underwhelmed by Wish, we watched it at home last weekend. My kids, 8 and 12, have been playing the soundtrack incessantly, though. I would love to see Magnifico with the Tremaines.

We often stay at Grand Floridian, and dinner at 1900 Park Fare was our arrival night tradition. So... super excited here.

Very excited for this and the fact that it opens the week I'm there in April! I just did all my ADRs and now revamped a little to save room. We were supposed to go for the first time in May of 2020. It does seem an odd mix of characters but the suggestion that the food will be reflective of the characters gives me hope for maybe some New Orleans, Colombian and Middle Eastern cuisine to make it interesting.

I'm also really disappointed to see them downgrading this from 5 characters to 4.

Another vote for disappointed. 100% agree with @mmackeymouse
People have been begging for 1900 Park Fare back. Begging. And Disney knows this. Were people begging for 1900 Park Fare for the food? Maybe in small part. But, mostly it was for the characters and the interactions they know and love.

So, like Disney does best....they take something that doesn't need fixing, and they re-do it for absolutely no good reason.
I like the characters who will be there but some don’t make sense at this location. Was cool that previously there were different characters at breakfast vs dinner. Had 2 awesome experiences with the Cinderella themed dinner. Was hoping my kids would be able to experience it too and wanted to try the breakfast also sigh. My boys have fun with any character that they have a fun interaction even if they don’t know them. For example, the Country Bears.

The random which character did you pick out of a hat selection by some Parks and Resort Execs either meets at MK and/or is available at another character meal. If they wanted to give variety they could have gone with always having Alice, Peter Pan, and Mary Poppins plus rotate in Mad Hatter, Wendy or Burt as the 4th. You can’t dine with them anywhere else on property. Akershus and Cinderella’s Royal Table rotates the princesses so it is something they could have done here too.

Bringing back what was pre-COVID and opening new restaurants to showcase different characters is apparently a mind blowing concept.

Also still waiting for Bon Voyage breakfast to return. Doubt it will because it was not the fab five or princesses only.

Editing to add my guess. I’m betting it’s less than a quarter, and the sample size on DisBoards is not likely to be representative of the population as a whole.
My kids (2, 5, 9) have seen them but there isn't the love and adoration the new characters get.

I totally understand the nostalgia for the older characters (I have it!) and if I was on a trip without my little guys I would be attracted to the old line up at 1900 park fare.

As a mom though, who does trips with her kiddos, I'll only book character meals that have a major draw for my kids...and right now thats Mirabel, Moana, Joy etc...

We were so excited to hear 1900 Park Fare was finally reopening as I was thinking the stepsisters and Lady Tremaine would be back. It was by far the most fun character meal. Their antics were so great to watch. It was the one single movie themed character meal. So disappointed to see they aren't bringing them back and are just throwing in a random mix of characters. Only 4 characters for a meal of that price and a restaurant of that size? It already took a ridiculous amount of time for the rotation if you were placed in an area right after the characters left that area- and that also meant that we had to wait an hour past our ADR time more than once because people weren't leaving as they had not seen the characters yet. They need at least 5 characters. And Tiana stomping around 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian in her Bayou Boots and outdoor wear doesn't fit at all---- put her in her beautiful green or blue dress!

Yes, I wonder what the thinking was behind the decision not to accept the dining plan? Isn't Victoria and Albert's currently the only Disney restaurant not to have the DDP?

Was this actually announced or are people speculating that it may not be on the DDP? If it isn't, it's a deal breaker since we are big fans of the DDP and they already took my favorite characters away.

We were so excited to hear 1900 Park Fare was finally reopening as I was thinking the stepsisters and Lady Tremaine would be back. It was by far the most fun character meal. Their antics were so great to watch. It was the one single movie themed character meal. So disappointed to see they aren't bringing them back and are just throwing in a random mix of characters. Only 4 characters for a meal of that price and a restaurant of that size? It already took a ridiculous amount of time for the rotation if you were placed in an area right after the characters left that area- and that also meant that we had to wait an hour past our ADR time more than once because people weren't leaving as they had not seen the characters yet. They need at least 5 characters. And Tiana stomping around 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian in her Bayou Boots and outdoor wear doesn't fit at all---- put her in her beautiful green or blue dress!

I agree that I'm disappointed in the change, but it's no longer the only single movie themed character meal. That would now be Storybook Dining with Snow White. (Even Crystal Palace sort of fits that bill since they are all Winnie the Pooh characters.)

Count another as disappointed Mary Poppins doesn't appear to be on the list... We haven't been before, so this was exciting, but I'm not too enthusiastic about this character mix. Maybe it would have been interesting if they went ALL IN on Tiana and other Princess and the Frog characters. This feels thrown together.

I'd be all in on a Tiana themed character meal. Princess and the Frog is my favorite princess movie.

But I wouldn't really want to see it here. I actually wouldn't mind if they rethemed Boatwright's into Tiana's Palace with characters (and I actually love Boatwright's after they redid the menu a couple years ago).

I'd be all in on a Tiana themed character meal. Princess and the Frog is my favorite princess movie.

But I wouldn't really want to see it here. I actually wouldn't mind if they rethemed Boatwright's into Tiana's Palace with characters (and I actually love Boatwright's after they redid the menu a couple years ago).
That would be really cool! (Also imagine Louis fake playing with a live band. Disney, this idea is free. Please take it!)

I am disappointed.

I keep thinking our WDW trips are behind us. We went in 2021 and 1900 was closed, as well as HDDR.

We went back in 2023 - partly for Disney, and partly because HDDR is a family thing for us.

Now, 1900 is opening. For my daughters it was all about the Tremaines. They LOVED interaction with Anastasia and drizzla.

I can see where the random characters will appeal to some, it for us - they just saved us a trip, for memory sake.

Uhhhh… they just re-themed all of the rooms at the Grand to Mary Poppins and then removed her from the re-opening of 1900 Park fare??? Lol who is in charge of this? They should have moved Prince Charming and the step sisters to CRT and left Mary, Alice and Mad Hatter at 1900 and add Bert and a rotating character of their choice if they want to promote new movies. This lineup is weird.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter