1st night dinner?

kmermaid

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide between Chef Mickey's or HDDR. HDDR would be at 5:00, CM whenever. Any opinions. We will be arriving early so we will be doing a full park day on Sunday.

Karen

Experience by going to HDDR it just seems to get us in that great Disney spirit for rest of our vacation.Going again this year 12/5 to HDDR.I have seen many posts though that many have a first night tradition of starting with dinner at Chef Mickey's.We just prefer HDDR.::yes:: :wave2:

I'm not a HDD fan, in fact, I call it the Hoop Dee Don't. If you have kids they will love the HDD, but as we were all adults in my party, we weren't thrilled (show a bit too corny for us). Food was okay but paying $50 for a show we didn't like is something we wouldn't do again. I vote for Chef Mickey's.

We're having an early dinner at Chef Mickey's the day we arrive and heading over to MK for Wishes afterward.

HDDR is in our plan for the following nights dinner.

I would vote no to either of your posted selections. I think that the HDDR is overpriced and Chef Mickey's for dinner is the worst meal on property.

Depending on which park you are going to be in for the day, then I would choose something there.

For instance, if you'll be in the Magic Kingdom, then I would strongly recommed the Crystal Palace.

At EPCOT, Le Cellier, the Rose & Crown or the Garden Grill are all nice choices.

At MGM, definitely would vote for the 50's Primetime Cafe, then view Fantasmic.

If you are looking to dine at one of the resorts, then my votes would be either at O'Hana's at the Polynesian or at the Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Wilderness Lodge. Both are wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter