1st night late arrival - finding your room in the dark with luggage in hand ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
We have never stayed at a value.
So we do not know the resorts well.

Our plane arrives at MCO at 9 pm
With DME, we could arrive at Pop or All Star around midnight with our luggage
Nice price for our first night to sleep in late.
The we could check out and have WDW move our luggage to the BW villa.

But how do you find your room at the value ?
All outside doors
Room numbers on the door?
Good lighting at the values?

Thank you

Even if you do express check in and have your room number I would advise you to stop by the front desk and they will give you a map and direct you where to go. They might even move your room closer to the main area if that is available. I don't know which value you are staying, but we have had no trouble finding our way around the resorts at night. They are well lit with plenty of signage.

I have a funny story for you on this point. But, first, my short answer: Yes, go to the counter, have them draw a line on the map of the resort to your room.

Now, my story. Our first trip, we stayed at Coronado. We arrived at night time. We went to the desk, the clerk said "Go out the doors that you just came in." Well, either he mispoke or I misheard him because we did that (with our luggage in hand) and we were basically walking on the road IN to the resort. We were walking AWAY from the resort. Luckily, we realized this didn't seem right, and it was dark out so we didn't immediately realize where we were. We walked for about 10 minutes until we had this realization!! So, we headed back, and luckily we found a golf-cart driver who drove us to our room! I tipped him well. But, the trip was great otherwise. HAHA.

"Well, either he misspoke or I misheard him because we did that (with our luggage in hand) and we were basically walking on the road IN to the resort. We were walking AWAY from the resort."

Sorry it happened to you.
I like the idea of a map with lines
We will pack a flashlight too
Batteries in the original packaging

Thank you for all your advice :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter