1st night there

Momx3

Earning My Ears
We will be arriving at All Stars on Fri. March 7th probably around 5pm Any suggestions of what we should do our First Night there. We will have a rental car so we can drive if necc. I has thought about riding the monorail. Where do we board what do we see how long does it take???? This is our third time to visit WDW last time we went to downtown disney. It was ok a little crowded and my husband doesn't seem ready to fork over the cash to go shopping on the first day he'd rather wait until end of trip. Has anyone out there done the monorail? Maybe we could ride it to another resort and eat dinner. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

How about dinner at Chef Mickey's? lots of fun and will put you in teh Disney Mood. or an Illuminations or Fireworks Cruise. Ride the monorail loop around the resorts AND the one to EPCOT and back to the TTC. Mini golf at Fantasia Gardens. Campfire, sing a long and movie at Ft Wildnerness (free); horseback riding at Ft. Wilderness; hayride at Ft. Wilderness; visit the Boardwalk; DisneyQuest; Watch the Magical Electic pgeant from beach at GF, Poly, WL or Ft. Wilderness; view Mk fireworks from the beach at the Poly; catch the boat between WL and MK at fireworks time and see them from the boat; for you---spa treatment!!!!!!; ice cream sundaes at Ghiradelli's or beaches & cream.

How about going to the Boardwalk? There are a lot of restaurants and things to do, and you could always walk to Yacht and Beach Club, get some ice cream later, or the Boardwalk Bakery. Have fun!

You could go to the nightly campfire at Fort Wilderness. It's free for resort guests and they show a Disney movie afterwards. :)

We rode the monorail on one of our non-park days. We were staying at POR, so we took the bus to MK, then took the boat launch to the Poly and walked around there a bit, then we boarded the monorail there and rode the resort loop to the TTC, switched to the other monorail loop (I forget what it is called, but it takes you right over Epcot). I think we made the full round trip on that monorail loop, then took another boat to get to Beaches and Cream for burgers and ice cream (and walked around a bit), then took the first boat that would get us to a bus stop at one of the parks and went back to POR. With all the stops and different modes of transportation, we were out for several hours. If you had more time, you might exit the resort monorail at the other resorts and look around (or dine). And you might plan to be at one of the monorail resorts to watch the Electrical Water Pageant in the evening (we ran out of time and energy on our trip, so we didn't get to see the EWP....maybe next trip).

We rode the bus to Magic Kingdom and then rode the monorail around. Be sure to ask if you can sit in the front. That is fun for the kids. People say you can only request that from a monorail resort, but we did it from Magic Kingdom. We just boarded the monorail at a slow time. We went all the way around and then went to Fort Wilderness and went to the petting zoo. Our daughter then rode on a pony. Pony rides are around $3, I believe. You get to Fort Wilderness from Magic Kingdom on a boat.

How about going to AKL? The story telling around the fire. looking at the animals and maybe if you wear your swim suit under your clothes going to the pool. They have towels there so you do not need that.

Thank you all for your ideas. I am really interested in doing the monorail. We will be staying at all star movies, how do we go about getting on the monorail. Which bus do we take etc. I am such a planner I HAVE to know things in advance. I have a hard time flying by the seat of my pants. Has anyone done this before from ASM??

You can always take the bus to the MK then catch the monorail there. That would be the easiest way i guess. We have taken the monorail trip and it is great. Just to be able to hop off and go through all the resorts it serves. Have fun

Hello fellow Mississippian,

We are also arriving on March 7 but we are staying at the Poly.

We are going to Hoop dee doo on our first night. We usually do this on our first night but there are many things to do.

1. Catch the bus to MK and board the monorail. If you have children who like arcades, get off at the CR and go to the arcade. This is one of my two DS's favorite things to do. You could also eat at Chef Mickey's.

2. Ride on around to the Poly. Maybe watch the fireworks from the beach. You could also eat at O'hana's in you don't at Chef Mickeys.

3. You could also catch the boat from CR to Fort Wilderness and go to the petting farm or the campfire program.

Whatever you do, I hope ya'll have a great time! Wear your lime green ribbon. Maybe we'll cross each other's paths!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter