1st Time Couple w/package HELP

knectarshoot

Earning My Ears
My fiance and myself are planning our first disney trip and any help and extra advice would be welcomed. I have just a few questions that could help this couple's that deeply in love, but didn't plan a thing. We leave in ten days.

We purchased the 3-night resort magic package and will be staying at All-Star Music.

Should we use Mears transportation to get from Orlando I airport?

Is the Park Hopper pass we'll receive good for each day of the package, check in July 8..Depart July 11?

An E-ticket night falls July 9 and we'd like to take advantage. Can we call and pre-order the E-tickets or do we purchase them upon check-in?

Is there a safe in the room?

Any help with these, or other hints would be greatly appreciated.

My fiancee deserves the best vacation and working to give that to her.
Thanks

Kerry

Packages typically include length of stay passes, not park hoppers. So, yes, your first day and last day will be included.

Mears for 2 people will be the most economical way to get from the airport to your hotel. However, you might consider a towncar service or even a limo if you can spare a few extra bucks for an extra special mode of transport.

There is a teeny-tiny safe in the room. Don't expect to fit much into it.

Sorry, I'm not sure if you can pre-order e-nights.

You can't pre-order e-night tickets. You have to purchase them on-site and only a day or two before the night you want to go. At least that's been my experience.

Greg

Wow, first trip. You should have a great time.

Since you purchased a package, that will come with the UPH, so you should be able to go to the parks every day you are there. Just to let you know, it will be difficult (if not impossible) to see everything. We have went twice for 6 days each time, and still have not done everything. But, if you get an idea of what things you want to do, you should be able to get all of the "major attractons" done. Keep in mind that there are 4 different parks: MK, Epcot, MGM, and AK. You can jump from one park to another in the same day. Personally, we like the MK and MGM best, so we always spend more time there than at Epcot or AK.

AS for the best way to get to the resort, I am not really sure. We will either use Mears (or some other shuttle service) or rent a car.

Not sure about the E-night either.

Here is what I would recommend for the parks. (Note: this is bare minimum, what I COULD NOT MISS list)

MK: Alien Encounter, All the Mountains (Space, Splas, Big Thunder), Pooh ride (Absolute must do!), Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of Carribeen, Jungle Cruise.

AK: Legend of the Lion King Show, It's tough to be a bug 3-d movie, Dinosaur, Safari

MGM: Hunchback show (If you can see no other-you must see this), Beauty and Beast show, Muppets 3-d movie, Stars and Motorcars parade, animation tour, Rock-n-roller coaster, tower of terror, fantasmic (also, absolutely must see)

Epcot: Test track, honey I shrunk the audience 3-d movie, the living seas, the land, the "living statutes" in front of France, the coke refreshment center with free soda from different countries.

This is by no way exhaustive, rather only what immediately comes to mind.

I am sure you will get a lot of great info around here.

As for the transportation, I would look at a Towncar. Mears for two will be around 54$ plus tax (28$ a piece).

Tiffany Towncar is 80$ or 85 $ round trip, and there is a coupon on their site for 5$ off. There are other towncars that have the same types of rates. There are definite benefits. The wait will be less at the airport. You won't have to go to other resorts dropping off other guests, so you will more than likely arrive sooner. You can also get a quick grocery stop where you can get any last minute stuff you forgot, snacks, stuff like that. I would do it for the bottled water alone. At 2.50 a pop at the parks, if you buy 10 bottles during your trip you would spend 25 or so. At a grocery you can get it for probably 3 - 5 $. There is 20$ savings right there which will bring the cost up to the same as the Mears.

You won't be the only ones at Disney World that week.

Plan to start your day early, and end it late, with a nap somewhere in the middle.

Pace yourselves, and have a great time, and remember you can always come back again and again and again to see what you missed!

Enjoy!

We purchased the 3-night resort magic package and will be staying at All-Star Music. Should we use Mears transportation to get from Orlando I airport?
There are lots of ways to get from OIA to WDW and vice versa, with Mears, you catch the shuttle or use a towncar. Difference: Towncar is like a taxi servicing your party only. Shuttle is like a bus dropping everyone off at each stop. Shuttle is cheaper. You can book on-line. There are other alternatives like Yourride and Tiffany Towncar. But Ive had no problems with Mears. BTW Most Towncar Service do Limos as well if you'll looking for something a little out of the ordinary!
Is the Park Hopper pass we'll receive good for each day of the package, check in July 8..Depart July 11?
Well, You dont get a Park hoppers, you get LOS (Length of Stay) passes. They are good from midnight of check in to midnight of check out. These will be encoded on your room key so one card does it all. Yes! You can upgrade these to PHPs or APs if you want.
An E-ticket night falls July 9 and we'd like to take advantage. Can we call and pre-order the E-tickets or do we purchase them upon check-in?
Yes order them on check-in but please be aware that they must be exchanged for wristbands on the night to be of any use to you.
Is there a safe in the room?
Yes, but it wont hold any thing bigger than a document wallet (flight tickets etc). If you need to secure bigger items such as cameras etc you'll need to talk to the front desk.
My fiancee deserves the best vacation and working to give that to her.
Glad to see chivalry is not dead. You are at the right place if you need hints and tips. My advice scan the board, read the posts and do not be afraid to ask questions no matter how small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter