1st time cruiser

nubbins

Earning My Ears
I just made reservations for october 5, 2003, 4 day on the wonder. It will be me, my dw, ds age 3, and ds age 5. We are 1st time cruisers. We will be in a cat 4 on deck 8. We were originally given room 8570, but I noticed that it was a connecting room and had learned from these board that those may be noisy. There were many available rooms, so I chose 8002. This is under the spa, so hopefully it will be quiet. However, my concern is for motion this far forward. I would appreciate any advice on this room or other cat 4 rooms. Since we have never sailed before, we don't know if motion will be a problem for us, but quiet is always good for naps for the ds3. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
david

Hi David.

We were originally given room 8570, but I noticed that it was a connecting room and had learned from these board that those may be noisy. There were many available rooms, so I chose 8002. This is under the spa, so hopefully it will be quiet. However, my concern is for motion this far forward.

Our next cruise is coming up on August 16th. We will be in stateroom 8002. I have heard from previous posters that it is a comfortable cabin with no one registering any complaints. Last August we were in 8042. Some cruisers complained about noise from the Goofy Pool although we never experienced any disturbances. I'll let you know our opinion when we return...

Oh, yes, welcome to the Dis.

We were in 8002 in April. No problems whatsoever. Jose was our cabin steward and he was really great. Great Verandah. We did feel a little motion the first day or so but also felt this on other parts of the ship. I don't think it felt any worse there than the other parts. Very quiet. You are the next to the last one at the end of the hall. So you don't have many walking past your room, etc. When you first board, don't try to use the middle elevators, they are packed, wall forward to the foward elevators and you will get up to your room in no time. We always used these elevators, quick trip up to the pools. We loved this location and booked our upcoming November cruise in an inside cabin as close to this location as possible. We are on the other side but still all the way forward.

Also, on CC day, get up early and get out on your verandah. You will have a great view of the docking. They shoot out these orange balls on the line to the people on the dock. Then they can find out where the line went and fish them out of the water. Very fun to watch. I didn't watch the docking at Nassau and can't remember what the view was at Nassau. This is the best cabin on the ships(but the only one we have ever been in!) LOL

Tiffany

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter