1st timers to US/IOA... Where MUST we eat?

mrsmouse

Mouseketeer
I've got my meals scheduled at disney... now about US & IOA...

Where, in the parks, are the best spots to eat and a good value? (HA-HA to last part, huh?)

I've read about Mythos and its updated menu, sounds wonderful! Can you make ressies or just walk in? best times to eat?

how about other places? sit-down or counter?

thanks!!!

A reservation for Mythos wouldn't hurt. I've never needed one but I travel off-season.

In Universal studios most of the food is pretty so-so. We ate at Richter's burgers once and servings were large, fruit cups were great and the patio out back by the lagoon was a nice place to eat. I have not eaten at Finnegan's but have heard they serve a very good shepard's pie.

In IOA, Mythos, of course. Also, Confisco's is good and Enchanted oak tavern is pretty good. I think the fruit cups you get from the vendors in the park are a great deal, $4.

We've been to Mythos twice, we tend to eat lunch early, 11:30, we have not had a problem being seated then. We ate at Finnegans in US this past January. The food there was very good. There was a man playing the accordian and singing Irish songs. I had a great time.

In the am we stopped at the Beverly Hills Boulangerie or Croissant Moon Bakery, they both have good fruit cups and breakfast sandwiches.

Again, Mythos was the best meal of our last two trips.

We have eaten at Louies Italian Rest, good spag & meatballs, yummy pizza. I loved the burgers at Mels Drive In. The only meal we really didnt love was at the Cafe LaBamba.

I hope you have a great time!!

Patty

Asides from Mythos:

IOA-
Cafe 4 pizza
Thunder Falls rotissere chicken(however currently closed)
And to finish, I suggest a sundae on a stick at Hop on Pop's.

Universal-
If I eat here, I usually just get a turkey leg or a corndog.

we will definitely try mythos...

how's green eggs and ham? i'm curious to check out the enchanted oak tavern.

i also think the fruit cups and sundaes on a stick will be definites, also.

thanks, again!

we will definitely try mythos...

how's green eggs and ham? i'm curious to check out the enchanted oak tavern.

i also think the fruit cups and sundaes on a stick will be definites, also.

thanks, again!

Dh and I ate at Green eggs and ham once. We had the egg/cheese sandwhiches. They were good but we were REALLY hungry too. They came with french fries, which was weird at 10:30 in the morning.

BUT, when I was there in early Feb/02 Green eggs and Ham was not open. As always subject to change.

When in IOA.......................eat @ MYTHOS.

When in UNIVERSAL STUDIOS..............leave the park, head over to IOA and eat @ MYTHOS.

You must eat at MYTHOS...and you must have the Gooey Chocolate Banana Cake for dessert.

I was very surprised that Green Eggs and Ham was so good. My son (who won't usually eat eggs) loved his green eggs and ham sandwich. Actually, I think that he ate two...

LOL okay so the common thread is eat at MYTHOS....

How do I make a reservation?> and CAN I?

mrsmouse,

The great thing about US and IoA is their proximity to CityWalk, so you have a whole host of dining options literally outside the park gates.

Hard Rock Cafe is such a cool place - I never tire of looking at all the memorabilia, and the food is good too at reasonable prices. We paid $110 in December for 8 adults (entrees only) but including drinks, tax and tip.

I've also heard great things about NBA City and I think we'll give that a try next trip.

Others we've tried are:

Nascar Cafe - good food, but the atmosphere is lacking compared with other themed restaurants, IMHO.

Emeril's - absolutely fabulous, but this is fine dining and you need to make a reservation.

Also, take time to stroll over or catch the launch (walking is probably slightly quicker) to check out the Hard Rock Hotel. It is WAY cool! If you're looking for a really special dinner, I'd highly recommend the Palm at HRH. The house specialty is surf 'n' turf to share (choose your own steak and lobster). Expensive, but well worth it.

mrsmouse;
One thing you did not tell us is how long you will be at IOA/USF. If you will be there for at least two days, I highly recommend one dinner at Emeril's. I travel alot for business (about 60K-100K miles per year, dependent on the economy), so I have eaten at many good restaurants around the country. Emeril's is in my top 3. DW and I loved the personal service, the presentation of the meals and the excellent value.
The pricing is actually equal to many WDW restaurants. We ate at Portobello at DD on a Sat. and Emeril's on a Sunday and the price at Emeril's was actually a few dollars less.
If you have the time, and can get a reservation, definitely do Emeril's.

we'll be there 3 days. 1 1/2 days at each park, i think. unless IOA keeps calling us back there!

i would love to eat at Emeril's. i had a book signed by him a few years ago at my Barnes & Noble. everyone says his restaurants serve the BEST food.

i can't seem to decide on concrete places at US/IOA. i'm just researching... what i don't want to happen is a hunger meltdown and my family choosing the closest place and HATING it. for the money you pay, it's just smart i think to have some clear cut meal strategies. if we're in IOA & hungry- we eat at A,B or C. etc.

25 days!

ANOTHER FAVORITE RESTAURANT THAT YOUR FAMILY WILL ENJOY IS MARGARATAVILLE IN CITY WALK. WE LOVED THIS PLACE.

GO FOR DINNER. IT'S LIVELIER AT NIGHT. I HAD NO IDEA WHO JIMMY BUFFET WAS, BUT THE VIDEOS WERE ON THE BIG SCREEN, THEY HAVE PEOPLE ON STILTS WALKING AROUND. THEY WILL COME TO YOUR TABLE TO MEET YOU AND MAKE EVERYONE AT THE TABLE A DIFFERENT BALLOON HAT.

THE FOOD IS VERY GOOD AND TASTY.

DINING CAN BE VERY EXPENSIVE, SO DON'T FORGET WHATEVER RESTAURANT YOU CHOOSE, ASK FOR DISCOUNTS.

I GOT DISCOUNTS FOR MY AAA CARD & FAN CLUB CARD.

THERE WERE 4 ADULTS AND 3 CHILDREN IN OUR GROUP, AND WE ATE AT SITDOWN RESTAURANTS IN CITYWALK FOR LUNCH AND DINNER EVERY DAY. (NASCAR CAFE, MARGARATAVILLE, NBA CITY & MOTOWN CAFE) OUR BILL WAS ALWAYS 70 OR 80 DOLLARS TOP. WITH THE DISCOUNT IT WAS 10% OFF WHICH TOOK OFF ABOUT 8 DOLLARS AND WE WOULD LEAVE THAT FOR THE TIP.

WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE YOU WILL HAVE A ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter