1st Trip-vb/ssr Trip Report

mbrowninc

Mouseketeer
Just back from first trip as DVC members (bought site unseen). Overall very good trip. :thumbsup2

Checked into VB for a three night stay in a 2-BR. CM was very informative and I was impressed how nice the resort & grounds looked. Our villa was very clean. Carpets were wet they had just cleaned them.This made me even happier with my three liitle ones being on the floor alot. Everyone we met was nice from CMs to other guests. A/C went out once (probably because my oldest left a patio door open) and maint. came right away & fixed the problem. Had fun at the campfire. Weather not the best but we still had a great time. Plan to visit this resort EVERY year. Will buy there if I have to. :dance3:

We left VB and drove to SSR. Lobby was packed. Arrived around 1pm and very happy room was ready. Manager stopped to speak to my daughter & we told her it was her third birthday & she gave us the birthday pin to wear. We stayed in a 2BR in Congress Park. Not only our first stay as DVC but in WDW resort as well.

Driving to CP I thought the grounds etc. were very nice. My husband (not yet sold on DVC) made the comment it was like a apartment complex. Our room was on the third floor not the best with three small kids but still ok.
When we got in the room I noticed kitchen & bathroom floors a little dirty. Kitchen was very small. But since we bought DDP I was not worried about it. Made our way to MGM and purchased tickets. CM very helpful & did not make us pay for my daughter even though she turned 3 that day!:goodvibes
CMs everywhere stopped to tell my daughter happy birthday. It was great!

Had dinner at WL and my husband (outdoorsy) was in awe. Usually I have to drag him everywhere but I actually lost him while waiting on our table. I even caught him talking to CMs about the place. Later he said "now why did'nt we buy here?" Sorry TSS for not buying the WL resale & going with F&F promo.
Even though it was crowded it felt like home. My husband & daughter were so impressed. From the lobby to the ducks and baby bunnies, I knew I made a mistake buying SSR. Decided to worry about that after our trip.

Rest of the trip was good but ran into trouble on the last night of our trip. I decided to wash a load of clothes & noticed our washer/dryer needed maint. Bleach compartment blocked with powder detergent & lint trap on dryer broken into two pieces. Started a load of dishes before going to bed & woke up to flooded kitchen & living room carpet. :eek: Apparently seal on dishwasher door broken. On the bright side I did call for towels and they arrived within five minutes.

Overall good trip! I learned alot on this trip and have made a list of things to remember. My advice to anyone reading this who is about to buy. Same advice everyone gave me but I did not listen to. BUY WHERE YOU WANT TO STAY!!

Melanie:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter