2 ???? about activities at FtW....

WorknFires

Live Well, Laugh Often & Love Much Can't ask for
1. Can you see the Magic Kingdom from FtW?

1a. If yes, can you see the Kiss Goodnight (when the castle changes colors)?

2. Does anyone know what time the hayrides are?

2a. Can you reserve seating on the hayrides in advance?

Thanks for anyhelp you can give!
Cheryl :bounce:

No, You can't see the MK from FW, the Cont. Hotel blocks the view. I don't know the times for the Hayride, but I know priority seating is required. Call 1-407-WDW-DINE for times and priority seating.

You can (barely) see Cinderella's castle from the secret beach at FW. I have a beautiful photo that shows the castle and Space Mountain and the Contemporary at sunset from the beach. You can see the fireworks from here--that's where the hayride took us for fireworks one night-but I didn't notice the castle's colors. That's when I noticed how far behind the castle the fireworks are done.

Just a word of caution--I wouldn't want to walk to the secret beach after dark. When I got the photo enlarged to poster size an alligator was clearly visible in the lake--close to shore!

Have fun!

Barbara
269 days to go

Thanks everyone! and I'll schedule those PS's right now!

It has been way too long since I have been to FW--Nov 2000, but when we were there we did not need a PS for the hayride. It was first come, first serve. Has the policy on the hayrides been changed?
PP

Let me correct the phone number that I gave you, 1-407-wdw-play is for activities other than dinning. This is the number you want. I would suggest calling and have them tell you "first come first serve". Most times that I have seen the wagon leave is is pretty full. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks for the update. I hope it's by ressies because I'd like to schedule the ride during the halloween season and I'm sure the Haunted Hayride has more business than the regular time. Plus I need to work around my PS's for Hoop de doo Revue. Thanks Dave, for the updated # and thanks everyone for the great suggestions!

Okay I have been to FW seven times but only been on these boards a short time, okay campingcorgi can you tell me where is the secret beach in FW???

ME TOO ME TOO!!! I wanna know where the secret beach is we've been 2 times and have never heard of it!!

Thanks!:bounce:

Okay, I'll tell, but you have to pinky-swear--lol!

Go half-way around the 300 loop and take the path that leads to the creek. Follow the path up and over the bridge and turn right and go over the other bridge. Head towards the little cabin (the cabin that they once rented out) and have a seat in the rockers by the water. Wait for sunset, and enjoy the view.

I think if you keep following the path you are on the swamp trail, but I've never done it so I'm not sure.

Remember--it's a secret--shhhh!

Barbara
262 days to go

I pinky swear!!!

OK, I won't tell anyone!!! I promise! *Whispering*

Thanks for the info....We'll try it out in December!!!:bounce:

rrhuutt rhoow scooby! but I won't tell either... LOL!

We watch the fireworks every night from the beach at FW. We go out to the main beach, and take a right and walk way down past the volleyball net, dragging beach chairs with us. When you get to the "dark" part, where the lights don't reach - you're at the right place!

Last year - we heard an alligator when we were sitting down there. But, we were far enough up on the beach that we weren't too worried. We heard him splash in the water. It was too big a splash to be a bird, so we were pretty sure it was a gator.

The view of the fireworks is fantastic from here! And, if the wind is blowing in the right direction, sometimes you can hear the music from MK over the water too!

The hayride is at 6:15, and it's first come - first serve!

Thanks Rhonda We knew we could depend on you and Scott!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter