2 Br villa sleeping arrangements

I've debated the sleeping arrangements of our trip next March. In addition to our family, me, DH, DS-16, DD-14 we are taking SIL and her daugher(DN) and family (they have two girls, 5 & 9). BIL is invited but has declined at this point in time. So I have a two bedroom and a studio reserved. I'm give the studio to DN and family, which leave my family and SIL in the 2 bedroom. DH and I get the master bedroom, SIL and DD get the second bedroom and DS gets the sleeper sofa. All is well. The problem comes if BIL decides to come. I doubt if my daughter (or son) would feel comfortable sharing a room with BIL and SIL. But I can't put both DD and DS on the sleeper sofa. I suppose I could put BIL & SIL on the sleeper sofa, but I doubt if they would be wild about the idea. Which leaves me with giving them the master bedroom, DH & I taking the second bedroom with DD or DS and putting the other on the sleeper sofa. I'd really hate to have to give up the master bedroom on our first stay, but will probably have to. But he probably won't come, so it may not be an issue.

all I can say is PLEASE TAKE ME!!! I will sleep on the floor, in the bathtub, you name it - just take me please!!! :)

:teeth:

we've stayed in a 1br several times and two DDs stayed in the sleeper sofa.

This year we're staying in a 2br and our dilemma is where to put DS(2) where he can go to sleep early and the rest of us (me, DW, DD15 and DD13) can stay up and not worry about keeping him up.

Anyone have to deal with this one?

Cruelladeville said:
You have kids 15, 13, and 2? :rotfl2:
:rotfl:

guilty. DDs are "natural" and DS is adopted. Boy it sure is harder having a youngin when you're 11 years older than the last ime we have an infant...

AreWeThereYet said:
we've stayed in a 1br several times and two DDs stayed in the sleeper sofa.

This year we're staying in a 2br and our dilemma is where to put DS(2) where he can go to sleep early and the rest of us (me, DW, DD15 and DD13) can stay up and not worry about keeping him up.

Anyone have to deal with this one?

In the past I've brought our baby monitor from home. That way, we could put the kids to bed in the 2nd bedroom and we could sit in the living room and watch TV, play cards, etc. Would this work for you?

laughinplace199 said:
In the past I've brought our baby monitor from home. That way, we could put the kids to bed in the 2nd bedroom and we could sit in the living room and watch TV, play cards, etc. Would this work for you?

possibly - guess our biggest concern is where to put DS - either in the master or the second BR with the girls. We'll probably just play it by ear and see how DS does.

What about the 2 yr old in the pack and play in the master while you and the older 2 sit out in the living room and then when you are ready for bed just sneak in. If the 2yr old is already too big for the pack and play, what about the middle of the King bed and you two share with the 2year old. Talk about romantic... :bitelip:

kaw1106 said:
If the 2yr old is already too big for the pack and play, what about the middle of the King bed and you two share with the 2year old. Talk about romantic... :bitelip:

eewww.

We will probably try the PNP again and see if DS stays in it. He may but we're not sure.

Romance on a "family" vacation? DW would scream "heresy". We'll see...

:confused3

kaw1106 said:
If the 2yr old is already too big for the pack and play, what about the middle of the King bed and you two share with the 2year old. Talk about romantic... :bitelip:

{{shrug}}

Since we co-slept at home until about 3 years old, our DD did sleep with us in the King bed when she was 2. And some people wonder why she is an only child.

dizplanner said:
I've debated the sleeping arrangements of our trip next March. In addition to our family, me, DH, DS-16, DD-14 we are taking SIL and her daugher(DN) and family (they have two girls, 5 & 9). BIL is invited but has declined at this point in time. So I have a two bedroom and a studio reserved. I'm give the studio to DN and family, which leave my family and SIL in the 2 bedroom. DH and I get the master bedroom, SIL and DD get the second bedroom and DS gets the sleeper sofa. All is well. The problem comes if BIL decides to come. I doubt if my daughter (or son) would feel comfortable sharing a room with BIL and SIL. But I can't put both DD and DS on the sleeper sofa. I suppose I could put BIL & SIL on the sleeper sofa, but I doubt if they would be wild about the idea. Which leaves me with giving them the master bedroom, DH & I taking the second bedroom with DD or DS and putting the other on the sleeper sofa. I'd really hate to have to give up the master bedroom on our first stay, but will probably have to. But he probably won't come, so it may not be an issue.

Two words: Inflatable Mattress. One of your kids can sleep on it while the other is on the couch. It's a very common solution to the 2 kids, 2 genders problem.

AreWeThereYet said:
eewww.

We will probably try the PNP again and see if DS stays in it. He may but we're not sure.

Romance on a "family" vacation? DW would scream "heresy". We'll see...

:confused3

I find Disney very romantic. I love the world showcase after dark!!! We often sit on the balcony after the kids go to sleep and share a bottle of wine.

Hey that would be a good thread to start....Where do you find Disney WOrld Romance when traveling with kids?

dizplanner said:
DO NOT give the master up for some guy who isn't all that interested in being there! If they don't like the pull out, then they get the second bedroom and you can bring an airbed for one of the kids. At OKW, we have even used the sofa cushions for a young person's bed on the floor. Works great, and the kids love it. Even teens have done this when we have had them along, and they have enjoyed having the living room/kitchen as their bedroom! Of course, the Playstation they brought along helped with that! ;)

We took my parents during spring break and gave them the big room. I actually liked the second bathroom better because there was enough space for all of our stuff. Besides, they really enjoyed sitting out on "their" balcony in the evenings when we were still running around at the parks.

we have stayed in 2 br 5 times with fil and his wife. first three time we let them have the master br, since our dd would not have slept on sofabed by herself, and the last time our ds was only 2 months old. but the last two times we have taken the master br, because the kids love to sleep on the sofabed, it's something different, and they love to use the big bathtub for bubble baths with dw. they either sleep through or watch letterman with me in the living room, or lay down with dw and i move them when i go to bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter