2 TS credits for breakfast at CRT - heinous!

guyzmom

Mouseketeer
I just booked a fall trip for our family with the free dining plan. We got the free dining plan last year and LOVED it! I hate to complain when we're getting something for free, but I just read about the changes to the breakfast at CRT (counts for 2 TS and has a PHOTO PACKAGE). IMHO - that STINKS! I have twin boys who aren't that interested in the princesses (but they like them and like eating in the castle) and a husband who LOVES the cream cheese stuffed french toast. It has also been a nice little tradition for me (a mom with a house full of testosterone). We have done this breakfast on our previous two trips with our boys and were going to do it again this year, but not for 2 TS credits. It is just not worth that much. I'll miss it, and I'll keep hoping that they decide to change it back and get rid of the photo package.

I actually played out different scenarios using the CRT and either paying OOP for it and using the TS for other restaurants or using 2 TS per person for CRT and paying OOP for other meals and/or having the children share some meals (which for a 3 and 6 year old is a better use of TSs - they share happy meals at McDonalds and we still have food left over :rolleyes: ). We have 2 adults and 2 children in our family and it still worked out better $wise to use double TS for CRT and pay OOP/share for other meals. I think you really need to look over the menus and see what you'd order at the different restaurants and play around with the $ amounts.

For our family, we would just be happier getting to go to two other different places instead of just this one. The photo package is what really bugs me (for a family of four that has jacked up the price of breakfast $40 more than what it used to be). That change makes it not worth it to us. Everyone values things differently, though.

CRT has been our only disappointing character meal so far, and not one we would repeat at any price -- certainly not 2 TSs! We did it OOP in December, before they raised the prices, and would not repeat it at the old price, much less the higher new price.

But as Bicker has correctly pointed out, many, many others will stand in line to take our place.

We are taking DD 6 to CRT. This might be the last time we eat here with the price change and photo pkg. DH loves the breakfast there as well. We are paying OOP. It is a must do for this trip at least. I'm not too happy with the changes either.

guyzmom, I AGREE TOTALLY :thumbsup2 .

And I have two girls. However, my girls are 10 and 13 and while they don't mind the princess thing - the princesses can't be bothered with them anymore. I *love* the french toast too. My dd13 hates big breakfasts, so it is a waste. When I saw 2 TS, I said forget that.

I do believe it is a must for every little girl and I have to say that we have been fortunate to have eaten there 3 times (especially when it mattered :lovestruc ).

Another reason to keep going to WDW. You never know when the things you love are gonna be gone (Skyride, parade at Epcot, etc., Tarzan show,.......)

Anna

If you've never been, it might be tempting to use 2TS credits. We wouldn't, but we've eaten there before. If they start to lose patronage in the morning, Disney might switch it back, but as long as they are booked solid every morning, it makes sense for them to make as much as possible. My girls were happy in Norway last year and considering the difference in using 1 TS or 2, makes more sense for us. Of course, my DS hates princesses in general right now, so this year we are skipping princess meals altogether.

Okay - you all convinced me. I am going to pay OOP for CRT (we HAVE to go - my DD3 LOVES the princesses and this is her "mastering the potty" trip :thumbsup2 ). If my DD3 and DS6 share a couple of meals (50s Prime Time Cafe, Teppanyaki, and Le Cellier) we can do all our TS under the DP and only end up paying the amount for CRT.

I also noticed that it's easier to get an ADR for it now too. I called last night for the breakfast and had my choice of times on many various days...and I was calling for a September ADR, so obviously not close to 180 days out.

Nicole

bicker said:
Yet the place is still packed every morning!

Precisely! :thumbsup2

Those people are non-disboard members who don't know about the change in menu and change in price or the change from 1TS to 2TS. :confused3

We use to love dinner at the castle until the "change". We would've even tried and paid OOP if they had kept our favorites from the dinner menu. They don't have anything we like anymore--except maybe pretzel rolls.

n2mm said:
Those people are non-disboard members who don't know about the change in menu and change in price or the change from 1TS to 2TS. :confused3
This is one DIS boarder who knows the changes and will still go! :yay:

PrincessMommyof2 said:
This is one DIS boarder who knows the changes and will still go! :yay:

But you know what to expect because you are informed, so no surprised, assuming you've been there since the Feb. 1 change?

So either these people are or aren't DIS board members.

What are you trying to say, n2mm? :confused3

The reality is that the meal was horribly underpriced before, so much so that there were webpage devoted to how to secure a reservation there; so much so that people were auctioning their reservations off at eBay; so much so that they created a "support" thread here for people to commiserate about having such a hard time getting reservations there. On February 1, WDW fixed the problem. While it is still difficult to get a reservation sometimes, it is no where near as difficult as before. A win for previously-disappointed guests, and a win for Disney.

bicker said:
The reality is that the meal was horribly underpriced before, so much so that there were webpage devoted to how to secure a reservation there; so much so that people were auctioning their reservations off at eBay; so much so that they created a "support" thread here for people to commiserate about having such a hard time getting reservations there. On February 1, WDW fixed the problem. While it is still difficult to get a reservation sometimes, it is no where near as difficult as before. A win for previously-disappointed guests, and a win for Disney.

True, in a sense, althought they may end up tweaking the price if demand does drop off after a while. Part of the "demand" aspect of the equation was the price. If the price gets raised too much, demand will drop off. If the restaurant continues to fill up day after day, then the price is exactly where it should be.

I had speculated here on the DIS when the price increased that it was a few dollars more than it should be, based on what I though the original demand was. From what I can see now, I was mistaken... Disney appears to have hit the price-point directly on-target. What is more likely is that over time, if the appeal drops a bit, they simply won't raise the price (as much as other places).

I have to agree that 2 credits for breakfast is a little ridiculous. My dbf wanted to eat in the castle last year but it was a last min trip and we couldn't get ressies....so I made it a point to book right away this year. I chose dinner because for 2 credits that was the most reasonable plus my dbf is a very picky diner so the dinner menu seemed the best for him. So, I guess my point would be to maybe try a dinner instead of breakfast to get your money's worth...and it is still a character meal.

bicker said:
I had speculated here on the DIS when the price increased that it was a few dollars more than it should be, based on what I though the original demand was. From what I can see now, I was mistaken... Disney appears to have hit the price-point directly on-target. What is more likely is that over time, if the appeal drops a bit, they simply won't raise the price (as much as other places).

It's only been two months. You may be correct, but I wouldn't be surprised based on the reaction of those who have returned that they will do some additional tweaking.

Or just, as I suggest before, simply not increase the price when increasing the prices of everything else, over the coming years.

n2mm said:
Those people are non-disboard members who don't know about the change in menu and change in price or the change from 1TS to 2TS. :confused3 .

This Diser plans on paying oop for the honor of taking her 2 dear nieces for breakfast with the princesses! It was the one thing the youngest asked for, and I place a very high value on seeing their faces light up! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter