2 year old at Disney

mryder

Mouseketeer
This will be our sons 2nd trip, he is 2 1/2 years old. My wife and I have been there 4 times already. We are there for 10 days, Nov 29th to Dec 10 staying 4 nights at ASMu and the rest at the AKL.

Any suggestions on some good playgrounds or playareas that the little one can enjoy? Any out of the way spots that you may know about? Some things to do with the toddler outside the parks. Thanks for any suggestions.

For example, last visit we had dinner at Chef Mickeys and then let him play at the playgroud at the Contemp for awhile.

What about taking the boat over to Fort Wilderness and checking out the petting zoo? They also have pony rides and a playground near by. Lots of run off the energy area. Also DD has a cool lego play area outside their store and also a nice playground.

Thanks Jordan's mom. Yes we plan to spend some time at Downtown Disney, checking out the Lego store as well as the new toy store there. I have not thought about Fort Wilderness, that is a good idea and sounds like a lot of fun.

My DS love DTD when he was 2.5 years old. Great place with lots of little things to do. Another out of the way spot is in MK. There is a restaurant that overlooks Small World. He liked eating there and watching the boats. Pooh was a great hit at that age along with the teacups...spinning very slowly.

We built a lot of down time in to our trip then and played in the pool quite a bit. I think AKL has a 0 elevation pool so it should work great for a little one. Something else he liked was the boat ride from the POFQ to Downtown Disney. You might want to catch a bus to the resort and then catch the boat to DTD. Then from there you can catch a bus back to your hotel.

At that age ours also liked the character breakfasts. He wasn't scared of the characters so that worked out pretty good. And, he thought the horses on main street were great. POFQ also has a playground that is fairly good for little ones. It has a foam floor instead of a dirt one and the equipment is steel. Can't remember how high it is, though, since it has been a couple years.

If your child likes music our loved the GF during the holiday season. The gingerbread house and the music kept him busy dancing and singing for quite some time. And, he liked climbing the stairs. Was great exercise for me but I have to admit he wanted to keep going long after I was ready to stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter