2 years too long! I'm back

artesian

DIS Veteran
Coming back after a 2 year hiatus. Had used all my points on 2 bedroom units until we ran out so we skipped a year. This is my 14th trip. Myself, DW, DD (15) and DS (11). Everyone is bursting with excitement. Plan to keep a running thread of my trip.
Itinerary.
Weds- Flying out of BDL late staying at at the Best Western in DTD
Thurs- Check in SSR. Shopping day groceries souvenirs ect. I like to have a free day on the way in to settle in.
Fri- Check in one night stay at the Hard Rock. Kids want US/IoA with FoTL passes. First time to do City Walk at night
Sat- Complete US/IoA back to SSR. Epcot FP+ are booked at night
Sun- WDW
Mon-Epcot
Tues- HS
Weds- WDW
Thurs- AK
Fri- Bliz Beach/HS
Sat- First Flight out back
First trip with FP+. Open minded but I dislike the preplanning greatly. 6 stay at SSR requested Congress Park. My park path was booked around using the crowd calendar but don't expect to see anything worse then a 6.

Welcome back home , I fill your pain .It has been over a year now since we were last their but that is about to change in October .

So I was meaning to post a on going report and it happened. I felt like crap first day in and had a massive cold by day 3. Will summarize best I can shortly.

Weds- Flying out of BDL late staying at at the Best Western in DTD.

This was uneventful. First time flying out of Hartford and it was a nice little airport. I have no regrets on the 2 hour drive. I used Executive Airport parking which was $62 for 10 days. Quick shuttle no issues whatsoever. Wound up in MCO by 930 and picked out a Chevy Impala from Alamo. Trust me when I say out of all the full size cars this had the biggest trunk. I checked into the Best Western and the room was clean and for 1 night no issues.

Thurs- Check in SSR. Shopping day groceries souvenirs ect. I like to have a free day on the way in to settle in.

This was the day I started not feeling well. Checked into SSR early but room was not ready of course until after 4. Shopping was the usual stops for us which was the Target on 192, Disney outlet store off of 535 and Winn Dixie for groceries. After getting into out room 1710 Congress park we finished the night in DTD. For those who want a building close walk from DTD this was the perfect spot in SSR and less then a 5 min walk over the bridge.

Fri- Check in one night stay at the Hard Rock. Kids want US/IoA with FoTL passes. First time to do City Walk at night

This is where it turned down hill for me. No voice, stuffy head and feel like a brick wall hit me day. The heat seemed extra brutal but I didn't let on on how bad I felt. So 7am we were off to check in at the Hard Rock. The check in process and walk over to the gate got us to there by 745 for early Harry Potter opening. The line for Gringotts was huge so we took the Hogwarts Express to the other side. I knew tomorrow we would need to get to US earlier. So we did IoA until about 2 and with the express passes had everything as much as we wanted and decided to go back to SSR to take a break. Came back and closed the park and ate at Hard Rock on the way out. The HR hotel rooms were very nice and overall if I could swing it would do this again.

More to come...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter