20040525 Dvc Member Homecoming! (updated 5/6, PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST!)--INDEXED

MarkRG

DIS Veteran
Ok, I am calling it - Who wants to meet for the DVC Member Homecoming?

I'll volunteer to host this meet which should be easy enough. The first night of Member Homecoming is on May 25th at Epcot. We'll all have to be there, so it should be easy enough to setup a meet.

To quote the little girl from the old Kissimmee commercials, it's location, location, location.

I have given this a lot of thought and I thought the best place would have been in Innoventions West, but, with the Flower & Garden show, they may be using that for vendors as they have in the past.

So with that location potentially not available, Here are what I think are good choices in Epcot.

• The Electric Umbrella in Innoventions East. The burger stand, which the second floor of is, a lot of the time, empty.
  • The Land Pavillion. They have a lot of seating in their food court, so this might be another good choice.
  • The Outpost. They have a good open area with seating there too, but it is outside, and we would be at the mercy of the weather.
  • Someplace in the Epcot Resort Area. There are many locations, but I don't know how many people are interested in going out of the park or what time the locations would be available.

I do welcome any other location suggestions that anyone can come up with.

Also we do need to set a timeframe.
I would say either 2pm, 3 pm, or 4pm. Any later and we'll run into the party I think.

Feel free to chime in with input/suggestions!

New News 2/18/04

Now, after the opinions expressed here and in chat I am going to fix the plan.

THE MEET

Date: Tuesday, May 25th
Time: 3 pm local time
Place: The Land food court

Yes, it is open to any DISers, not just those attending Member Homecoming.

But first it will be a meet for everyone attending the Member Homecoming event happening later that day, so as long as people being excited about it won't bum you out, feel free to drop in!

Now, if you want to add the image to your tagline, you need to copy the following line of text and put it in your signature line.

[img]http://monorailgreen.info/homecoming/dis.gif[/img]

3/23 update

I have finally gotten off my butt and updated the accompanying webpage and even given the website a facelift! You might just want to go look as I have added info that has not been posted here. :earsboy:

Also a few notes if anyone is confused.

The park tickets included in this ARE good for the entire day, not just the times of the MH events. Have been told that these are 2 day park hoppers good for Tuesday and Wednesday only. Also you get a pass good for either Pleasure Island or Disney Quest that has no expiration, so you don't even have to use it this trip.

4/15 update!

Thru the effort of spiceycat, we have updated info on the tickets, they will be going out via FedEX 2-day the last week of April!

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'April 26, 2004 12:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln('<font size=2 color=darkblue> :Pinkbounc D-Day for Tickets :bounce:</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writeln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Should have them any time';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

5/6 Update!

It's getting really close! For us personally it's down in the teens as we'll be there from the Saturday night before onward thru MH! :)

Now down to the nitty gritty. I'd like to wrap up the bulk of things needed to prepare thru this weekend. I am setting an absolute cutoff date of the 15th for anything. That is our prepare to go weekend. If I havn't heard from you, WHY?

IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM ME, check your Private Messaging box, it might be waiting in there.

Click HERE to go to the PM box

The new and improved contact list
This is a list of everyone that I have fully confirmed contact with.
If you do not see your forum name, or, the name of someone in your party in this list, AND you are not in PM contact with me, you need to contact me via PM NOW.

• #1Mouse
    arminnie
    BCVOwner2002
    bellenbeast
    bonzie1
    bridgemanva
    burnsoc
    cgcw
    cherylp3
    Dave M
    debs96
    disney4me4ever
    Disneyaholic
    DrTomorrow
    dvcreg
    iluvdisney
    KarenNY
    LIFERBABE
    MinnieMeg
    Msteg
    NJmouse
    ohanafamily
    Patsy1969
    scrappy910
    spiceycat
    torismom
    wdwstar

i have over 60 buttons made, we're going to have a good crowd! :)

Hey Mark! Would it be okay for those of us who will be in the World, but not attending the Member Homecoming to meet at this meet? After much consideration, I have decided that we are not going to attend the homecoming. The cost itself doesn't bother me. There are two reasons we are not attending. One is that I have two childern ages 6 and 7 and I just don't think they will be able to stay up until midnight two nights in a row. The 2nd reason is that I have an illuminations dessert party already scheduled for that same night (May 25th) for my Mom and Step-Dads 25th Anniversary.

Don't see any reason why not, if you'll be there that day, well you're welcome too :)

Just be prepared for a lot of excited people going to the Homecoming :earsboy:

We'll be there. I don't really have a preference as to location. Timing wise, for us, I'd prefer earlier so we can get the kids settled in where ever that ends up being (Cubs Den, Fairy Godmothers, neighbor we take with the watch them, whatever)

Originally posted by Terry S
One is that I have two childern ages 6 and 7 and I just don't think they will be able to stay up until midnight two nights in a row.

The kids will be with us at the meet. Our boys will be 4 & 9. Do you have DD's or DS's?? Might be fun for the kids to know there will be other kids around.

Greetings!

DW and I will be at MH and a Meet sounds great! Thanks for taking the time to set it up. How much will this event cost? I'd read on other threads that the DVCMHM (DVC Member Homecoming Meet) may cost as much as $75/person - it that correct? :rolleyes: :rotfl: :rolleyes:

As to 'where', we're good for anyplace, but actually IN Epcot might be easier. And it's nice to have it in an easy.to.spot but out.of.the.way place; I was helping with a DIS MNSSHP meet in Oct and made the mistake of saying "meet in front of the HM".

Best of luck and see ya there!

would you believe $299 per person!!!

Yes I have my ticket and I love meet with everyone!

there is going to be alot of dis boards members here right - so we need a big area -

if you want to meet in a non-theme park area - how about Seabreeze point at BW - that pavillon type thing - should be big enough

inside the park - the electric umbrella - I have never even been on the 2nd floor - a new thing!!!

I will be there! Not sure if DD18 will join me or not; she is coming to the MHC special events, but I don't know how she'd feel about this. (She may prefer to have extra time at the pool, LOL!)

Wonder if you could convince DVC to let us use the Attic at BWV for this? I know they now charge to use it for special events, but at one time it WAS supposed to be a special lounge area for DVC members....

:p

I'd like to attend also!

As long as it's close to/in Epcot. I think 4 p.m. would be a good time.

Thanks Again for spearheading the effort!

Count the DW and myself in also. We will be arriving late Tuesday morning. Any place and time will work for us.:wave2:

Dave

I'll be there. I think the Food Court area in the Land is a good idea. There's quite a bit of space there.

cgcw... I have a Son who will be 8 and a Daughter who will be 6. I still have to double check with my parents. It will be thier anniversary on that day and I told them they could make the call as far as dinner (if they wanted to have dinner alone or with the our family). I have suggested to them that since we will be having the illuminations dessert party together, maybe they should eat dinner by themselves.

MarkRG... I think the land would be a great area to meet.

I too am leaning more toward the Land Pavillion Food Court as a good meet point.

There should be no cost to this event unless we have to rent a space somewhere, which I would rather avoid myself. That's why I've been looking at public places that are indoors with enough space to hold a good crowd.

Now, a small fyi, the image in my sigline IS clickable. Not a whole lot to show yet, but more will happen as I get more organized. :)

One thing I forgot.

If you want to adopt the image, you need to add what is in between the lines to your sigline:
PHP:
 [img]http://monorailgreen.info/homecoming/dis.gif[/img]

(If a moderator knows of a better way to display the above line without invoking the image, feel free to edit my post)

John and I will be attending the Member's Homecoming and any Dis meets that are planned. We are bringing our 9yo DD, but she is not attending the Homecoming events.

Can't wait to see everyone.

Gail

If I can convince dh to attend we will be there. We are looking forward to a great time at the Homecoming. I have one question for Terry S. To my understanding Epcot is supposed to be open only to the DVC'rs who have purchased tickets to the Homecoming. So if you have an Illuminations Dessert party for that evening how can that be?

No, the Member Homecoming people will have Innovations East in Epcot to themselves AFTER Illuminations. There is a private dessert party with viewing of iluminations that evening before they close the park and shoo everyone else out.

I re-read the invitation and I see it says 8:30 to midnight. It all starts with Dessert! With the dessert party before the skys light up with Illuminations. I thought maybe we were the only ones going to be viewing the Illuminations but I see I was wrong. We get the park afterwards. So where do you think our Dessert party will be set up? Where are you supposed to be Terry?

Gail - I'm so glad to see that you and John will be there also - looking forward to seeing both of you again! This is going to be fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter