2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone! Stacy I would love to see your pages. I always love seeing what others are doing with their scrapbooks! That's why I love the CJ idea. I love seeing what others are doing.

cgcw said:
I'm afraid to tally just how many of us fall into this same category. :teeth:

Stacy, you're not all that far from post #1000 for you! Keep posting, my friend. :chat: :chat: :chat:

And I'm getting really close to 3000!! It's funny because when I joined the SSMC05 thread I only had a couple of hundred posts, I got 1000 there and 2000 was the day I booked SSM06. I can't believe I'm already at almost 3000! I guess I fall into that category as well!

:cheer2: Congrats on Post 8000 Stacy!!! :cheer2:

WDWLVR said:
Good morning everyone! Stacy I would love to see your pages. I always love seeing what others are doing with their scrapbooks! That's why I love the CJ idea. I love seeing what others are doing.

I saw the book at the store on Friday night and it is so cute!!! I'm thinking I'm going to have to scraplift some of it when I do the girls autograph book for October! :scratchin

cgcw said:
Glad to hear all they can provide. Isn't that amazing from one little dead bug. Just how did Bruce get it off of Julia? I've heard tweezers are the best option.

Tweezers. It's funny because you go online to see the best method and every site has conflicting info. I always heard to put Vaseline on it. I've never had a tick, seen a tick, even knew someone who had one. They don't have many ticks in Staten Island and I'm no nature girl. So I hand Bruce the Vaseline and dart to the computer. First site---DONT put Vaseline on it. :badpc: Seriously, the very first words in the article. :sad2: So I yell---DONT do it! Too late. But then the next 5 sites said put Vaseline on it. :confused3 Other home remedies--gasoline (yea, ok, she's 18 months' old!), a hot match (ok, child abuse?), nail polish there's a bunch more too. Vaseline seemed like the least of all those evils.

I'll pass on the envelope too. :scared:

Like I said, just stay on my good side. :stir: :furious: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Good Morning All! It's rainy and windy in MA today. We could use the rain though since there have been a lot of fires due to the dry conditions.

Diana - I'm glad to hear Julia is fine. I hate bugs - except the ones at A Bug's Life! :rotfl2:

I can't believe we haven't heard anything from DVC about SSMC06. I check my email every morning hoping that something will be there but nothing new yet! Thank goodness for this thread! I'm able to get my daily dose and learning more and more about my cruise mates!

Last night, I planned our next trip to WDW: May 2007. My BF lives in Safety Harbor, FL and her oldest son graduates from HS on May 19. I'm thinking we'll spend a week at WDW and get one more trip out of our APs! Then we'll move over to the West Coast for a few days and surprise her son. She doesn't want me to tell her son that we will be coming down for his graduation. Any suggestions for hotels in the Safety Harbor/Clearwater/St. Pete area? Someone mentioned the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa but I'm not sure if I want to stay there.

Annmarie

Diana Lyn said:
I saw the book at the store on Friday night and it is so cute!!! I'm thinking I'm going to have to scraplift some of it when I do the girls autograph book for October! :scratchin

scraplift?!? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Curt, is that a punishable crime? :lmao: :lmao:

Diana Lyn said:
Tweezers. It's funny because you go online to see the best method and every site has conflicting info. I always heard to put Vaseline on it. I've never had a tick, seen a tick, even knew someone who had one. They don't have many ticks in Staten Island and I'm no nature girl. So I hand Bruce the Vaseline and dart to the computer. First site---DONT put Vaseline on it. :badpc: Seriously, the very first words in the article. :sad2: So I yell---DONT do it! Too late. But then the next 5 sites said put Vaseline on it. :confused3 Other home remedies--gasoline (yea, ok, she's 18 months' old!), a hot match (ok, child abuse?), nail polish there's a bunch more too. Vaseline seemed like the least of all those evils.

Like I said, just stay on my good side. :stir: :furious: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

So, the vasoline made the tick release? I'll have to toss a small jar in my daycare bag just in case.

The parents of the little boy who went home with one on his stomach tried the burn it out method -- not sure exactly with what.......but let's just say, it didn't work. :crazy: The next day, when he came back, there was no evidence of where the tick was, but there was a slight burn mark from their attempt at removing it. :eek:

BCVOwner2002 said:
Good Morning All! It's rainy and windy in MA today. We could use the rain though since there have been a lot of fires due to the dry conditions.

Diana - I'm glad to hear Julia is fine. I hate bugs - except the ones at A Bug's Life! :rotfl2:

I can't believe we haven't heard anything from DVC about SSMC06. I check my email every morning hoping that something will be there but nothing new yet! Thank goodness for this thread! I'm able to get my daily dose and learning more and more about my cruise mates!

Last night, I planned our next trip to WDW: May 2007. My BF lives in Safety Harbor, FL and her oldest son graduates from HS on May 19. I'm thinking we'll spend a week at WDW and get one more trip out of our APs! Then we'll move over to the West Coast for a few days and surprise her son. She doesn't want me to tell her son that we will be coming down for his graduation. Any suggestions for hotels in the Safety Harbor/Clearwater/St. Pete area? Someone mentioned the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa but I'm not sure if I want to stay there.

Annmarie
Annmarie - that's my neck of the woods. I live here in the north part of St. Pete. What are you looking for in a hotel?? Do you want something on the beach? Or just something to sleep in?? There are some beautiful hotels around here. The Don CeSar is down on St. Pete Beach (I got married there), The Renaissance Vinoy is downtown St. Pete next to the pier. There are LOTS of beach hotels like the Sheraton Sand Key. Or, there's a Hyatt on the Tampa side of the Causeway bridge over to Safety Harbor.

Let me know if I can help.

cgcw said:
So, the vasoline made the tick release? I'll have to toss a small jar in my daycare bag just in case.

The parents of the little boy who went home with one on his stomach tried the burn it out method -- not sure exactly with what.......but let's just say, it didn't work. :crazy: The next day, when he came back, there was no evidence of where the tick was, but there was a slight burn mark from their attempt at removing it. :eek:

The vaseline did work. I guess the reason why they say not to do all those things is because, yes, it does kill the bug, but the tramatic event can stress it out and cause it to release more of it's poison. In our case, he wasn't there very long, he wasn't engorged so that wasn't really an issue. It suffocates them and makes it easier to pluck it out. It was still very hard to pull out. Poor kid. It was on her inner thigh. Bruce had the tick in the tweezers, I was holding her down smothering her in kisses. He had that thing pulled a good 3 inches and her thigh was coming with it. :scared: It was dead, but still didn't want to let go. That's the other thing--when you are removing ticks, you need to make sure all of it's mouthparts go out too. They'd look like little splinters at the bite site. That is how infection happens. :teacher:

Or, you can always just call me because now I know everything you've always wanted about ticks...... :teacher:

Diana Lyn said:
The vaseline did work. I guess the reason why they say not to do all those things is because, yes, it does kill the bug, but the tramatic event can stress it out and cause it to release more of it's poison. In our case, he wasn't there very long, he wasn't engorged so that wasn't really an issue. It suffocates them and makes it easier to pluck it out. It was still very hard to pull out. Poor kid. It was on her inner thigh. Bruce had the tick in the tweezers, I was holding her down smothering her in kisses. He had that thing pulled a good 3 inches and her thigh was coming with it. :scared: It was dead, but still didn't want to let go. That's the other thing--when you are removing ticks, you need to make sure all of it's mouthparts go out too. They'd look like little splinters at the bite site. That is how infection happens. :teacher:

Or, you can always just call me because now I know everything you've always wanted about ticks...... :teacher:

Yikes! How horrible for Julia. And, Emma for that matter too. She must have been confused as to what you were doing to her sister. :scared:

I just might have to call you! I hope not.

Unfortunately, there have been experiences that I've gone through with my own kids and the daycare kids that I would prefer to have not to gone through too. :sad2:

Diana Lyn said:
If I wasn't looking so forward to receiving the ticks life story, someone here just might have gotten an anonymous critter mailed off to you. I have alot of your addresses!! :lmao:
Just wanted to chime in here and say "I sent you a lovely scrapbook yesterday. No ticks were included! Glad you were able to get that critter off safely!

cgcw said:
scraplift?!? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Curt, is that a punishable crime? :lmao: :lmao:

Where Diana is concerned you never know. First she bites, granted not hard but its still an aggravated assault. Then she admits to and publicly threatens to sics bugs possibly carrying infectious diseases - they deal with those crimes at The Hague. So there are SO MANY offenses being perpetuated here. :rotfl: I'd ask the Supremes for a ruling but they are busy with Anna Nicole Smith....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
All kidding aside, Diana I'm glad that you were able to fix up the little'un, and my hopes are for a clean bill of health from the lab. Karen and I may be child free, but I never like to see kids get sick from everyday things.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, reality over - back to my sarcastic self!!

Stacy you two timer!!!!! :p

:cool1: CONGRATULATIONS ON 8,000th POST:banana:

WDWLVR said:
Karen (ohiominnie) from SSMC05 posted this on our May thread. Very cool link!

That is so cool! :cool1:

I actually did a report similar to that in HS with a sentence about each thing mentioned. Can you imagine how hard that was without the internet? Remember microfilm and microfiche? Do they even have that anymore?

You guys already knew I was a geek, so I'm not even embarrassed by this anymore! :blush:

Diana Lyn said:
That is so cool! :cool1:

I actually did a report similar to that in HS with a sentence about each thing mentioned. Can you imagine how hard that was without the internet? Remember microfilm and microfiche? Do they even have that anymore?

You guys already knew I was a geek, so I'm not even embarrassed by this anymore! :blush:

That is cool! :thumbsup2

I remember microfische -- it was bad enough to have to check signatures in the bank with it but then to have to use it to reconcile someones checkbook -- it was a nightmare.

Makes me wonder what things our kids will say "can you believe they use to have.....". :guilty:

Just the other day Walker & I had a conversation about there not being a microwave when I was little. Walker wanted to know first if they had hot dogs back then and second, how did we cook them. Ummmm, in a pot with boiling water. He just couldn't believe it.

Look how far we've come. Imagine what the future holds. :goodvibes

Good morning. I think??? Ian woke about 12:30 sick. Poor little guy. After a couple more bouts he basically had dry heaves every hour or so the rest of the night. Guess we won't be going to Little Gym class today. All I want to do is crawl into bed and sleep the day away, but somehow I don't think that's a possibility.

This is only the second time Ian's been sick like this - the first time was our last day at WDW in October. (I think he was trying to tell us he didn't want to go home or something.) I can't get him to drink the Pedialite or take any tummy medicine. But he saw the cookie box and wants those. :rolleyes:

Good morning guys! I just got a code in the mail from Cafe Press for free shipping on orders over $50. I don't know about anyone else, but with t-shirts for my family of 4, plus an ornament and who knows what else, I can easily spend $50. Anyway, the code is MOMSHIP and is good through Friday (05/05). Off to shop!!!

Fun link Mary. Thanks for sharing.
cgcw said:
Makes me wonder what things our kids will say "can you believe they use to have.....". :guilty:
I remember when my sister and niece - 3 1/2 at the time - were visiting me in Tucson, we went to the Children's Museum. We were in the grocery store area and when it was my nieces turn to be the cashier, she "scanned" the items even though there weren't any scanner markings and the cash register was really one of those old adding machines with the buttons to push and handle to pull. It really caught me off guard but then I realized that's the only way she'd seen it done at the grocery store.

WDWLVR said:
Karen (ohiominnie) from SSMC05 posted this on our May thread. Very cool link!
Very cool!! I love that song!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter