2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
iluvdisney said:
Good Morning everyone! It's warming up again down here and I'm so happy to post that! Friday sure was cold for me - don't think many of the Floridians were too happy to hear from anyone who came down from up north - they seem to blame us for that weather - LOL.

Went out with my ds and his gf and popped over to Mousefest to say hello to some old friends. Then trekked over to EPCOT to walk the lands and enjoy the looks on ds' gf's face when she was taking it all in. Eventually I left them behind and headed over to MK to see Spectromagic and Wishes - wow it was crowded over there last night. Went out in front of the park when the shuttle was due to take off and was not disappointed - what a beautiful sight that was! Gave me goosebumps!!!

Taking the kids over to the outlets this morning and then have to check the Lost and Found - ds' hat flew off his head on Splash Mtn and it was his favorite Detroit Tiger hat - not sure what kind of condition that could be in - if it's even there! Then there's a meet at OKW at 3 and O'Hana's at 5 with some other DIS friends.

Been a great time so far and only a few days left before I have to head back to reality and the lil' guy.

3508IMG_3840.JPG

3508IMG_3726.JPG

Mary, glad to hear you are having such a great time!

LOVE the pics, thanks for sharing!

SQuid

acourtwdw said:
We called on Friday to bank points and we were able to make a reservation on Friday. YIPEEEE!!!!!!!. We are also going to EPSN Weekend in March. Anyone else going in March? We took our brother last year and met Archie Manning.

Yep. We'll be down there March 21st-29th. A combination WDW/Spring Training trip - Nirvana, in other words! :cloud9:

When will you be down there? If it's late March, there's a plan brewing for a game at Joker Marchant on March 25th. :banana:

All this talk about WDW in December... :scratchin Curt and I have always wanted to go, but haven't made the trip yet. Maybe we should all try for a WDW take-over in December 2007??? :confused3 I cannot travel over Christmas, though! Pet sitters NEVER have holidays off! paw:

Cindy - Here's hoping that Walker is feeling better! pixiedust:

Please tell the Little Guy that we said Hello! :wave:

Amy--the new pics of the girls are adorable!!

Mary--I cannot believe how big Christopher is!! What a cutie!

Cindy-- Hope Walker is doing better.

I really want to do WDW next Christmas, but I'm being pulled toward 8 million different vacation ideas for 07. If I'd only just hit the lottery, it would make my life be so much easier!

Diana Lyn said:
Amy--the new pics of the girls are adorable!!

Mary--I cannot believe how big Christopher is!! What a cutie!

Cindy-- Hope Walker is doing better.

I really want to do WDW next Christmas, but I'm being pulled toward 8 million different vacation ideas for 07. If I'd only just hit the lottery, it would make my life be so much easier!

Yea what she said!!!

Cindy - So what's the verdict with Walker?

They had one of the Disney Holiday specials on the travel channel earlier today and Nick said we need to go down during Christmas time. Guess I'll start buying those lottery tickets!

Cindy - adding my thoughts for Walker. Hope he's doing well.

Anyone planning on being in chat? We're back in the room and I think I'll be there.

Got to see Mary one last time and give her a hug. Also got to spend a couple hours chatting with Jeff today. Thanks for coming over Jeff!

Amy - hope you guys had a great time today.

Hi everyone!! Thanks for all the nice comments about the pictures!!! They really are a wonderful keepsake and when the girls are older, I'm sure they will get a kick out of the fact that daddy played Santa at Sears.

And, Emily's Christmas program turned out really cute. I was beginning to get worried watching the rehearsal yesterday for all of the kids that had speaking parts, but they did great tonight. And, all the chorus singers did fantastically. It was really adorable!!!

Oh Cindy - any word on Walker's surgery tomorrow??? I sure hope that he's feeling better soon.

We're going through the beginnings of sickness here, but so far, it's just the sniffles from Madison.

Cindy - I sure hope that Walker is feeling better soon and you don't have to delay his surgery - no more stress for you!

Karen - we're thinking about coming down for spring training - I think I mentioned that to you - have to get to planning.
What is ESPN weekend - is it a member event? I'm not the sports nut in the family - can you tell?

It was great to see a few familiar faces again tonite before I came back to the room. I stopped by GF after running around to meets today and dinner so Chris (sanddune) - I picked up the item you wanted! It will arrive home safe and sound.

This time of December is a great time to come down to WDW - there's lots of DISers and events going on!

Nite all - need to start planning on what I will do tomorrow.

acourtwdw said:
We called on Friday to bank points and we were able to make a reservation on Friday. YIPEEEE!!!!!!!. We are also going to EPSN Weekend in March. Anyone else going in March? We took our brother last year and met Archie Manning.

DD and I will be down March 21st through the 28th.

chipscinderelly said:

Oh my goodness. This looks just like the two people I bumped into in the VWL elevator. We were heading out to MGM last night and the elevator stopped at 2 (I think it was two) and these two ppl get on and I'm thinking "wow, they really look familiar" but they are dressed to the 9's and all dolled up. So I took a chance and said "Matt? Julie?" Yup, it was them. Small world, eh?

Needless to say, I'm back. Had a great time. Although 18 straight days with relatives leaves something to be desired. Today I dropped off the last relative at the airport at 6:30 am and then we had until about 4 pm to do whatever we wanted.......AHHHHHHHHHHH.

Must get to bed. I'm dog tired.

WDWLVR said:
Got to see Mary one last time and give her a hug. Also got to spend a couple hours chatting with Jeff today. Thanks for coming over Jeff!

It was great spending time with you, Mark and Mary. The beverages were good too. :thumbsup2 Thanks again!

It's so neat when so many DISers are down at one time. I spent some time after the BWV annual meeting talking to the Zurgs.

Question for everyone: What's up with Cedar Point? Where is the consensus for hotel/cottages/cabins? If I were to do it, we would be interested in the cottages/cabins with preference being the ones made of logs and I would need one for myself, niece and parents. Also, what is the closest/easiest airport to fly direct into from Tampa or Orlando?

We are off to take Walker to the hospital for the surgery. Yesterday, no fever, just a little bit of a cold. :thumbsup2 This morning, he's a little more congested but we trust the doctor and know that he won't do the surgery if there is any concerns. If we end up back here, with Walker's adnoids :rotfl2: , I guess we'll just try this another time.

Walker & I sat most of yesterday in the recliner watching TV. Not that Walker said so, but being he was on my lap for hours it seemed, I'm sure he's a little apprehensive about today. It seemed when I wanted to get up, he didn't want me to, so we have a nice Mommy/Walker day -- which is a rarity now that he's 6 and usually much too old for that kind of snuggling anymore.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Karen, how cool that you ran into Matt & Julie!

Mark & Mary, safe travels home today (I think). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter