2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana Lyn said:
Sometimes you really do scare me Amy, because I was thinking the same EXACT thing this morning!!

Congrats to getting on the Member Cruise Mary! Sounds like the demand may not be as high this year if you got right through.
I saw another post of the holiday decorations on the main cruise board and just kept thinking, I need to take a December cruise, just to see all of those decorations. I would love to take a Christmas cruise for our 10th Anniversary, since it's December 19th, 2008. I guess we'll wait and see, but that may be one of the things that we do in 2008.

WDWLVR said:
Good morning all. Called for the Member Cruise right at 9 am and got in.

Congrats on getting in, Mary!

Michael (writing from chilly So. Cal. It's only supposed to hit 78 today!)

Thanks everyone! We were really going back and forth especially with some of the rumors we've heard over the past week.

Christmas is a great time to cruise. The ship is beautiful at that time of year and we loved our 10 day Christmas cruise. I think for 2008 however we're going to stay with June or whatever special cruise DCL comes up with.

WDWLVR said:
Good morning all. Called for the Member Cruise right at 9 am and got in. Turns out all categories were available so it looks like they saved some of each one for the repeaters. We were even able to book our rooms before and after the cruise. We booked using cash so if we have to cruise for whatever reason we can do so easily.

Glad you were able to book! :cheer2: I'm sure you will enjoy it!

M4travels said:

Only 78??

We have a heat wave of 27 today so far. :cold:

Thanks for all the well wishes for Walker. They tested him yesterday for the flu --- it came back negative but the test is not a pleasant experience. The doctor said if it was strep, the antibiotic he's taking for the abscessed tooth would cover it. His fever spiked last night, but he's acting very normal and playing this morning, with just a little congestion. I will still call the surgeon's office tomorrow with an update. Being he's going to have anesthesia (is that spelled right?), I want to make sure it's the right decision to have him knocked out. And, if this turns into a full blown cold, he'll be in trouble as I believe they will discourage him from blowing his nose next week.

Diana Lyn said:
Sometimes you really do scare me Amy, because I was thinking the same EXACT thing this morning!!

Congrats to getting on the Member Cruise Mary! Sounds like the demand may not be as high this year if you got right through.

I'd say so, as the latest update on dvcmember.com is from 11:30 est, when they said they'd provide updates every 20 minutes, cats 4, 10 and 12 are still available and the estimated wait time to reach a person is 5 minutes. Translation, nobody's calling.

(and, this is now Mark posting as Mary on the notebook. Whoops!)

WDWLVR said:
After the show we headed out of the park and over to MGM. Our goal here was to get the AP passholder Ducky Williams litho. Very cute! Mission accomplished.

Mary in order to get the litho do you have to have the coupon from the AP magazine or can you just show your AP? I would love to get a litho when we are down there. Where in MGM do you go to get the litho?

Congratulations on getting onto the member cruise! You will have a great time! Too bad we will not be joining you again.

rsschneck said:
Mary in order to get the litho do you have to have the coupon from the AP magazine or can you just show your AP? I would love to get a litho when we are down there. Where in MGM do you go to get the litho?

Congratulations on getting onto the member cruise! You will have a great time! Too bad we will not be joining you again.

They require the coupon, sorry to say. We almost didn't get ours in time, the Monitor showed up only a few days before we headed down here. It's the outside gift shop adjoining the Honey I shrunk the Kids area with the giant ant.

WDWLVR said:
Good morning all. Called for the Member Cruise right at 9 am and got in. Turns out all categories were available so it looks like they saved some of each one for the repeaters. We were even able to book our rooms before and after the cruise. We booked using cash so if we have to cruise for whatever reason we can do so easily.

Congrats on the cruise.
Unfortunately October is not a good time for us to cruise. With Nick going into 7th grade next year it's just to hard to take him out of school for that length of time.
We rae just trying to figure out when we want to take Nick back to WDW. We need to figure out which time during the year when he is out of school will work best, and we are not forgetting about July at Cedar Point!!

M4travels said:

Oh sure just rub it in why don't ya! LOL!! :rotfl:
It's only about 35 degree here right now...Brrrrrr!

MarkRG said:
They require the coupon, sorry to say. We almost didn't get ours in time, the Monitor showed up only a few days before we headed down here. It's the outside gift shop adjoining the Honey I shrunk the Kids area with the giant ant.

That was fast for them to get it to you before you left - glad you got it in time.

Carol is picking mine up next weekend, can't wait to see it.

rsschneck said:

Roxann - as Mark said you need the certificate. I was able to go on the passholder site and e-mail them that I hadn't received my Mickey Monitor. Got an e-mail back that they were mailing another and we got it right before we left. I don't think they will give you one without it as we had to turn it in for it.l

WDWLVR said:
Roxann - as Mark said you need the certificate. I was able to go on the passholder site and e-mail them that I hadn't received my Mickey Monitor. Got an e-mail back that they were mailing another and we got it right before we left. I don't think they will give you one without it as we had to turn it in for it.l

Thanks! I am going onto the AP site to send out my email. We have less than 2 weeks! So I hope I can receive a Monitor before then.

Keep enjoying the World! We are ready to start packing and go!

Diana Lyn said:

Wow! How freaky! Tom and I drove to Philly this morning to see Shawn and Tom said he'd love to do a cruise around the Christmas holiday! He asked if I knew if the ship was decorated differently or any other information and I said I'd have to check the DISboards when we got home!

Mark, Mary, Cheryl, Todd and anyone else I may have missed . . . congratulations on getting on board SSMC07!

WOW, it's been quiet around here!!! Everyone must be doing all of their holiday activities, like parties and family get-togethers!!!

Well, everything went pretty smooth yesterday with pictures and Emily's rehearsal. Today is the day for the big production at 5pm. And, Chris is going back to Sears for Santa duty until 4pm.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Good Morning everyone! It's warming up again down here and I'm so happy to post that! Friday sure was cold for me - don't think many of the Floridians were too happy to hear from anyone who came down from up north - they seem to blame us for that weather - LOL.

Went out with my ds and his gf and popped over to Mousefest to say hello to some old friends. Then trekked over to EPCOT to walk the lands and enjoy the looks on ds' gf's face when she was taking it all in. Eventually I left them behind and headed over to MK to see Spectromagic and Wishes - wow it was crowded over there last night. Went out in front of the park when the shuttle was due to take off and was not disappointed - what a beautiful sight that was! Gave me goosebumps!!!

Taking the kids over to the outlets this morning and then have to check the Lost and Found - ds' hat flew off his head on Splash Mtn and it was his favorite Detroit Tiger hat - not sure what kind of condition that could be in - if it's even there! Then there's a meet at OKW at 3 and O'Hana's at 5 with some other DIS friends.

Been a great time so far and only a few days left before I have to head back to reality and the lil' guy.

3508IMG_3840.JPG

3508IMG_3726.JPG

iluvdisney said:
Good Morning everyone! It's warming up again down here and I'm so happy to post that! Friday sure was cold for me - don't think many of the Floridians were too happy to hear from anyone who came down from up north - they seem to blame us for that weather - LOL.

Went out with my ds and his gf and popped over to Mousefest to say hello to some old friends. Then trekked over to EPCOT to walk the lands and enjoy the looks on ds' gf's face when she was taking it all in. Eventually I left them behind and headed over to MK to see Spectromagic and Wishes - wow it was crowded over there last night. Went out in front of the park when the shuttle was due to take off and was not disappointed - what a beautiful sight that was! Gave me goosebumps!!!

Taking the kids over to the outlets this morning and then have to check the Lost and Found - ds' hat flew off his head on Splash Mtn and it was his favorite Detroit Tiger hat - not sure what kind of condition that could be in - if it's even there! Then there's a meet at OKW at 3 and O'Hana's at 5 with some other DIS friends.

Been a great time so far and only a few days left before I have to head back to reality and the lil' guy.

3508IMG_3840.JPG

3508IMG_3726.JPG

Mary - love the new pictures! Hope they find the hat.

Good morning everyone! We are in our last day here at WDW and what a beautiful day it is.

Yesterday was a lot of fun. Started the day over at the Magic Kingdom and then went to an offsite party. Got back to the Poly (after a stop at Publix for some sweet tea). Mary we were so happy to get your call. We'll definately see you before we leave. :)

We chilled in the room last night and then headed out to the Poly dock at 8:30 for the shuttle launch and to watch Wishes. AWESOME view of both!

Went to church this morning, then a quick McDonalds breakfast. Came back to the hotel to find our room being cleaned so checked out sunset point (Diana this is where you got married right?) and relax in a hammock on the beach.

Going to meet up with Jeff a little later and then dinner with friends tonight and start packing.

It has been a great vacation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter