2007 Swap Calendar

Certainly cash! Either USD or £stg - I do enough swaps for it not to be a problem having $$ lying about:lmao: Over here our PO can supply $ in any amount from £1 upwards :thumbsup2 with no commission but I appreciate if you don't have the same service available it could be expensive to change money so $ are fine. ust don't send cheques as they cost a bundle to cash!

Oooh, I'm going to be a hostess:goodvibes

Buffy - everyone has their Universal/Seaworld swaps back so please mark it done!

Thanks for your help!

maria

I have a half thought out idea for a swap. Using up your stash swap. This is stuff you have on hand that will make some groups, just not enough for the typical 5 or 6 people groups. The idea here is we all have lots of stuff on hand, just not necessarliy enough to make 5 or 6 exact duplicates. I don't really mean making more of something you did for a swap -- so for example, I have zebra paper from the AK swap. I don't mean that I would make more of the same items I did for that swap -- I would do something different. I figure this could work one of two ways.

1. You sign up for a group of 6 swappers. You make 6 sets of whatever the required elements are. The 6 that you turn in will not all be made from the same paper and embellishments. There could be very general themes like boy, girl, disney, holiday, animals, color etc or no theme at all -- just make what you have.

2. Another way to run it would be signing up according to the number of sets you can reproduce with what you have on hand. So there would be groups for 3,4,5,6 swappers. For example, I have enough zebra stuff to make 3 sets, so I would sign up for the group of 3, and make 3 exact sets. Again, general themes or no theme.

Opinions please! I know we are usually a reticent group...:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I like the idea, but I tend to over make elements so that I use up the paper I bought for a particular swap. So I couldn't remake/redo elements with one of those papers, however, I do have tons of paper and fiber that I could make hundreds of elements with only needing to purchase hardware. :rotfl:

Colour swaps lend themselves to that for me - I often struggle to find enough paper to fit the number I need to make, so there is often a variation between sets. Or we could have an "assortment" scavenger swap - like a yard of ribbon, 10 eyelets/brads or whatever, but random selection. I rarely find things come in the exact multiples I need :rotfl2:

hi everyone im a newbie here and wanting to get involved in swaps. i made a post about starting a 12x12 swap -- but someone told me about this calender -- so i guess ill just wait and join some swaps in 2008. i was wondering if anyone was interesed in a 12x12 page full layout swap of if its just element swaps -- id be willing to join whatever! thanks!

Looks like the lyric swap might be a goer :thumbsup2 It could be in time for Valentines, I suppose, but with holidays there's so little time in between :scared1: How about for June-ish or later? These weigh heavy so I won't suggest myself as hostess (anyone who's posted a recipe swap back to me knows the $$pain;) )

I would like to do the resort swap either sign-ups in February due end of March. If that won't work with other things then it will have to be sign-ups in Mid-May due end of June.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter