20090922 - UK Dissers Unite *Photos Added*

So. Can I formally crash your party? If not, I certainly would understand. No hard feelings. Really!

Of course!!! Feel free to formally crash our party whenever you like! :goodvibes The meet was set up because so many of us on the UK were going to be away at the same time, but I did also add that anyone and everyone was welcome to join us!! So yes, you are absolutely welcome to join us - the more the merrier! As long as you can put up with a bunch of Brits, of course!!! :rotfl:

Lagunn: If you go to the very first post of this thread, you'll find all the details about where and when, along with a counter so we know how many days we have until we all meet up! :rotfl: But if you don't want to go back:

MEET INFO
Date: 22nd September 2009
Time: 1pm
Place: Poly Resort at the Tambu Lounge

And as of today, it's 74 days until the meet! :goodvibes:thumbsup2

Ooooh, goody! I promise not to laugh at your accents if you promise not to laugh at mine! Thanks for letting me join.

The one (of many) things we share across the pond is the incredible desire to be in The Happiest Place on Earth. I, for one, CANNOT wait. See y'all in a few months!

Right, I thought maybe we should have a quick 'Get to Know You' section, so that we aren't all total strangers when we meet up in September. So, I'll go first! Feel free to use the same categories, or add/delete your own!

Name: Elizabeth

Disney Trip Number: 6th to Florida (went to California once)

Collect Disney Merchandise?: Yes!!! Looking around just my bedroom, I can see: mousemat, calender, bedspread, watch, soft toys, pins, DVDs, books, CDs, Sticker Books, Crocs, Folder, Catnip Toys, Towel, T-shirt, Backpack, Keyring, Pixie Dust. And that's just my bedroom! You should see the rest of the house...

Favourite Character: Tinkerbell / Piglet / Ariel

Favourite Movie: Enchanted

Favourite Park Restaurant: Breakfast at Crystal Palace! Although Le Cellier features a very close second!

Been to the Park in costume: Yes - as Tinkerbell and Giselle. This year it's Aurora!

Three interesting facts:
1) I've ridden TOT 28 times in one day, 16 rides of which were consecutive!
2) I have two cats, called Fi and Esta. Fi... Esta... get it?
3) I am halfway through an Open University Certificate in Web Applications Development!

Okay let's see :hug:
Hi
Name: Yvonne (wife of Niel age 39 and Mum to Ethan age 9)
Age 40
Disney Trip Number 7 in Orlando (also been once to DLRP with my family) Dh is on his 9th trip this year and it's Ethan's 6th trip.

Only collect Disney items that appeal to me;) but there's still a few things around the house, lithographs, dvds, plush toys/ figures , cds of Disney songs, photos from the parks, bags, hats, keyrings etc.

Favourite characters:- Figment, Eyeore, Mickey, Donald, Tinkerbell, to name a few.

Favourite Disney films:- Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan,Mary Poppins, Pete's Dragon, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Bug's Life, Lion King, Cars, Dinosaur, Wall-E, Bolt.... yet to see UP and The Frog Princess:thumbsup2

Favourite park:-I can't decide... I like them all for different reasons;)

Favourite restaurant :- CS has to be either CHH OR FTBBQ TS at the moment is either Garden Grill or 50's Prime Time but WCC was great too:goodvibes

Never been to park in costume before:scared: Unless you count being in the Mickey's Jammin' Jungle parade....

We have one cat named Bill otherwise known as Houdini... he's always escaping out of impossible gaps and situations ... occasionally known as smelly cat:rolleyes1 enough said . He spends most of his days asleep in the wardrobes or under the duvets.

Oh I'm a charter member of D23 and I collect pins.. but I don't trade I can't bear to part with them LOL!!

Name Paula
Age 38 ish
Trip number 6
Collect disney car arial toppers so I can try and remember where I parked the car (what is going to happen when I forget its not a red clio any more?)
Favourite character Sully from Monsters Inc
Favourite film Monster's Inc
Can't decide which is my favourite park they are all good in different ways
but Grey goose slushie is my favourite park drink
Favourite Cs Sunshine seasons so many choices favourite ts Victoria and Alberts
Went to a MNSSHP as a pirate once
Have 3 cats Queenie a catnip addicted kitten abuser (aka grumpy old moo)
Tippy a little black kleptomaniac!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Socks a black and white totally neurotic tom cat
Lucy a rough collie

and am the proud renter of a half plot allotment.

Name : Sue (wife to David, mum to Anna, 22 and Kate 20 (aka Wishspirit)
Trip number : 7 (to WDW) but 2 to DLR and 2 to DLP

Favourite park : Epcot (with MK and DHS a very close second, not so keen on AK)

Favourite rides : TSM, TOT, Soarin, Mickeys Philharmagic, Splash.

3 interesting (or not so interesting) facts (I can't beat Twilights 28 rides on TOT in one day - WOW!)
1) I dream of owning way more than my 100 DVC points and spend hours of thinking through all the point permutations.
2) This holiday will include two firsts - our first MNSSHP and our first Illuminations cruise :banana:
3) I spend my days working as a psychologist working with people with depression and anxiety disorders and I spend my nights surfing DIS boards and listening to the DIS Unplugged podcasts.

Looking forward to meeting you all exactly 9 weeks from today! :thumbsup2

Name: Renee
Trip number: 5 to WDW, 2 to DLR, 1 to TDL, 1 to DLP

Favorite Park(s): Epcot and DHS
Disney Merchandise: I own about 12 Mickey Mouse coffee mugs, but that's my only vice
Favorite Character: Mickey
Favorite Disney Flick: Mary Poppins...practically perfect in every way!
Been in Costume? No never. This will be my first MNSSHP on 22 September

Three Fun Facts: 1) While I'm an American, I haven't lived in the US since 2003. I've lived in Japan, Russia, and now Canada. I've got a pretty cool job. 2) I'm going to look seriously into buying into DVC in September. 3) My family has NO idea what a closet Disneyoholic I am. Will they still respect me if/when I come out of the closet?

BTW - I've got an ADR at The Wave on 22 September at 12:30-ish, so I'll be over to the Poly for the 1 PM Meet when I finish lunch at the Contemporary. See y'all soon!

Well, I have some good news - we are planning on attending 2, yes 2, MNSSHPs this year! :cool1: And, our second party will be... 22nd! Woohoo!!!

So, who is going to MNSSHP afterward? And who is coming to the meet in costume???

We'll be at the party after the meet in fancy dress, do you think others would be interested in a group photo possibly with a Union Jack flag ? I only ask because we'll be bringing one with us and it will be a great photo opportunity if anyone is interested:goodvibes

We'll be at the party after the meet in fancy dress, do you think others would be interested in a group photo possibly with a Union Jack flag ? I only ask because we'll be bringing one with us and it will be a great photo opportunity if anyone is interested:goodvibes

That sounds like a brilliant idea for a photo - perhaps both at the meet and at the party? At the castle or something, if plannable without disrupting everyone's evening! Can't decide what we're gonna do yet - go in costume, eat something at Poly (or other monorail resorts), then go to MNSSHP, or just come back to home resort afterward, get changed and then go to MNSSHP!

Its not to late to be added to the list is it ? Maybe DG and I will pop along. Even though we arn't new to disney, it would be nice to pick a few more tips up from longer serving dis'
:woohoo:

It's never too late to join us... unless you tried to join us on the 23rd September or after ;):lmao:

Most of us are Disney veterans, so feel free to come along and have a chit chat, learn a thing or two (always seems to be something to learn/that we didn't know!), and of course have a few beverages - alcoholic or non-alcoholic!! We look forward to seeing you + 1 in a few weeks time!!!

Twilight

Just a quickie :rotfl:

Can you explain how the DVC works ? We only go once a year so would it be worth it ? The other threads dont really explain it too well.

See you on the 22nd

Lilybee and Spikey x

And, the trip is on!!! I have APs booked and ready for collection at WDW, and I have MNSSHP booked and ready for collection!!! Yay!!! Annnnnd, we are now going to MNSSHP not once, but twice!!!

You'll be able to catch us live in the World, sporting some form of costume(whichever I get around to finishing!) on both the 15th and 22nd! So I expect to see some of you guys at the meet AND in the park! ;-)

Okay, time to start getting this thread a little active again and making sure everyone is still up for a looking forward to this (hopefully!) wonderful meet!!

Do we all have our Lime Green Mickey Heads ready? Do we all have our lime green t-shirts ready? Pen, paper and cameras at the ready? "Tickets, Money, Passports" (Ab Fab!) ready?

Are WE ready? ;):goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter