2009's What have you've seen on the Emerald Aisle?

Need some EA club advice,

Again, this year we are at 38 rental days after our last trip. Have done this the last 3 years. But, considering renting a car here at home for 2 days to hit the 40. And become Executive level. Is it worth it? Have you noticed a difference in points or cars that much? It would last for 1 year right?

Thanks, mky:cutie:

Need some EA club advice,

Again, this year we are at 38 rental days after our last trip. Have done this the last 3 years. But, considering renting a car here at home for 2 days to hit the 40. And become Executive level. Is it worth it? Have you noticed a difference in points or cars that much? It would last for 1 year right?

Thanks, mky:cutie:

Oh Boy, you sound like me. I find myself counting to make sure I'm at the 40 day mark. One year I counted wrong and missed it by one day. Yes, we would do what you plan to do just to make it to the Exec Aisle. Once you're been there, it's hard to go back. You can choose from both aisles and the Exec aisle ALWAYS have better cars. You get your free days faster (6 credits instead of 7). Just a tip first, email them and ask them how many days they have for you. Sometimes partial days count as the whole day and sometimes they don't (that's why we missed it one year). I generally count nights, but if you're into a new day, it sometimes counts, so you may be good without knowing it. Once you reach that level, watch when you log in as you will change in the upper left corner right away and then it will be good for the entire calendar year after earning it. (IF you reach Ex Aisle level in Nov 09., you will be good until January 2011).

we just picked up yesterday at Side A approximately 10:30am

executive aisle had tons of larger SUVS on it tahoe suburban etc

very few cars but the emerald aisle had no suvs but plenty of cars, it would seem they have an over supply of SUV's

on another note, if you try to change times online to a time prior to your original arrival, you now seem to be stuck with the "current" rate since it is outside the parameters as they say of the original reservation

we had to go to the counter to be able to maintain our rate and get the car earlier, but sorta had to "fight" for Executive Aisle status, luckily a manager was there and just told us to do as usual, however, the NEW time contract had to be written up at the COUNTER, all we had to show at the exit booth was the contract and our licence

in trying to clarify the situation, it seems if you pick up later than your original contract "time" you would be alright, as long as you do not go over 12 hours past original ''time" ( although i was also told it was 24 hours, i tend to think it really is the 12 hour limit )

thus, one should be aware when booking a reservation to not leave the "times" as listed on national website but to adjust them such that you will not be penalized if when you do book flights if the times do not jive

the times they are a changin.......

Picked up about 9:15 pm on Thursday night 11/5. There were lots of SUV's in the Emerald Aisle (sorry not sure if it was side A or B). There was also high end cars like a Dodge Charger and a few intermediates. Also a Jeep Wrangler type car that the hard roof could come off on - - almost went with that but seemed more like a hassle.

Went with a Jeep Commader with less then 200 miles - very nice and great deal since we paid for an intermediate car.

We'll be picking up in less than 2 weeks and will post back when we return on Dec. 12.

Just back. Picked up on A side on Thursday 11/19 at around 4pm and got a mini van!!:cool1: We got a great Chrysler town and country with around 7000 miles on it. It had Texas plates on it. Really top of line inside for a mini van and had LED lighting throughout. There was one other mini van on the regular aisle and a few chargers also, then the usual midsizes. Executive Aisle had all larger cars and that was it.
Also last month (October) I was there for a day and got a Toyota Avalon on the regular aisle and that is considerd premium.
Things are looking up on the aisle in MCO!

Just back. Picked up on A side on Thursday 11/19 at around 4pm and got a mini van!!:cool1: We got a great Chrysler town and country with around 7000 miles on it. It had Texas plates on it. Really top of line inside for a mini van and had LED lighting throughout. There was one other mini van on the regular aisle and a few chargers also, then the usual midsizes. Executive Aisle had all larger cars and that was it.
Also last month (October) I was there for a day and got a Toyota Avalon on the regular aisle and that is considerd premium.
Things are looking up on the aisle in MCO!

Thanks, we get there Friday morning. Luckily I can choose from both aisles which increases my chances of a bigger vechile this time. I'm good with a full size (minimum for Exec aisle), but would like something bigger as we have more luggage this time because of we are doing both WDW and a cruise and picking up friends w/luggage. This is our sixth time we have rented a car THIS YEAR at MCO on the Exec aisle and have not gotten anything bigger than a full size during each rental (Jan/May/Jul/Aug/Oct). And this is being able to select from Exec or Regular Aisle and several times we went from the A side to the B side to see if the choices were better. I'm hoping my luck gets better this time.

This was my first time using EA. Be warned! I have extremely limited (read that as total understatement) of models of cars. We arrived on Tuesday, 12/1 at about 12:30 P.M. and were on side A and there were lots of Impalas, several minivans, a PT cruiser, a Hyundai, and an Avenger with 300 miles on it which is what I chose. There were only two of us or I probably would've taken a minivan. Just figured we didn't need the space and a family arriving might need it, so I headed to the Hyundai first but it had 14000 miles on it. The Avenger has been working out perfectly for us and it's so fun to drive. Thanks to everyone who has kept this thread alive because as a newbie, I didn't know what to expect. :thumbsup2

Arrived yesterday, Dec 5 around 1:30pm. EA was all sedans. I did notice a VW Beetle and a Toyota Avalon. I chose my usual Chevy Impala, 1300 miles.

Walked past the Aisle on Fri 11/27 at 11:00am. Saw a town and country and a Suburban!!! I was renting through Alamo, so I had to walk on past.

After I returned the car this afternoon, we walked past the aisle, there were vans and SUVs at the end closest to the terminal.

I was on the executive emerald aisle yesterday returning my 2010, Jeep Wrangler Sierra. But, upon return to the B side, I noticed the Exec. Aisle was all cars, but it had a few gems... a Chrysler 300, as well as a Volvo S60, and a Ford Flex and Edge. Either than those cars, it was a total bust. Happy Renting!

Arrived on 12/4 @ 11:30AM Side A. Like Debbie, nothing but sedans on both the Executive and Emerald aisle. Nothing really to choose from. We were hoping for a SUV only because we were cruising so it was going to be tight with the luggage with another couple. We again did not luck out and ended up with a Kia Ultima. It was a nice car (full size w/bells and whistles). But the luggage was tight with 6 bags between the 4 of us. If we were not doing land and sea we would've been fine. So now my 2009 trips are over and I used Executive Aisle 5 times this year (I used alamo in October). I had a full size car all 5 trips this year and that is being an Executive member so had the opportunity to check both Exec and Emerald aisle and often checking both Side A and Side B. I hope my luck improves in 2010 as my next trip is January 21, 2010!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter