2011 Horror Nights

I was just reading on another post that HHN can be packed.... how crowded is crowded? Like maybe only seeing one house a night?

I was just reading on another post that HHN can be packed.... how crowded is crowded? Like maybe only seeing one house a night?

oh how i love HHN.........
i am totally and completely addicted to it..........

stick around and you will see threads pop up this summer about hhn.

universal will have the website for hhn open later in the summer.
you won't be able to miss it.

i could talk for hours and days of HHN......

if you plan correctly, and take note of the suggestions already posted in this thread, you will positively be able to do more than one house in an evening..

i always buy the express pass plus for HHN.
it's like car insurance.
sometimes you don't really need that extra cost but when you do, it saves your day!

Well, crowded is subjective, but unfortunately crowds increase greatly between non-peak nights and peak nights. I'll give you this warning - depending on what day you go, if you choose not (or are not able) to get an express pass and have to stand in the regular line, then yes, you may only be able to see a couple houses a night. Its not uncommon for wait times to get upwards of 120+ minutes at the more popular houses on the busier days.

I am trying to plan my vacation time this year. Is it safe to say that opening night will be September 23? They wouldn't wait until the 30th, right?

I am trying to plan my vacation time this year. Is it safe to say that opening night will be September 23? They wouldn't wait until the 30th, right?
Based on what's happened in the past, I would say 9/30 would be opening night...it's always been the last Friday in September. However...that would cut a week off because of the calendar this year so I guess we'll have to wait and see what will happen this year.

First recommendation if youget AP is go premier - they include one HHN ticket!

Normally they start the first two weekends on F,S & S

Then they add Thursday on the 3rd week and Weds on the last two weeks.

It should start around the 22nd of Sept.

Have fun....

you might be forwarned that the fist three weeks are the cheap weeks and usually the last cheap thursday is packed.

This year the last cheap thursday was so crowded you couldn't move. They actually closed the gates!!!!

Anyway - good luck and happy scaring!!!

Based on what's happened in the past, I would say 9/30 would be opening night...it's always been the last Friday in September. However...that would cut a week off because of the calendar this year so I guess we'll have to wait and see what will happen this year.

What happened the last time the 30th fell on a Friday? Has there ever been only one September date?

First recommendation if youget AP is go premier - they include one HHN ticket!

Normally they start the first two weekends on F,S & S

Then they add Thursday on the 3rd week and Weds on the last two weeks.

It should start around the 22nd of Sept.

Have fun....

in the past, opening weekend HHN operates on that friday and saturday.
the weekend following includes the sunday.

in the past, opening weekend HHN operates on that friday and saturday.
the weekend following includes the sunday.
:thumbsup2

What happened the last time the 30th fell on a Friday? Has there ever been only one September date?
It's not usually one September date but the more I think about it, 9/23 would make sense as opening weekend since you would have 9/23 & 9/24 and then 9/29 through 10/2 as the first full weekend. That does make more sense.

:thumbsup2

It's not usually one September date but the more I think about it, 9/23 would make sense as opening weekend since you would have 9/23 & 9/24 and then 9/29 through 10/2 as the first full weekend. That does make more sense.

I was just glancing at this thread (which is a few months old).... and wait.... I've bought my airplane ticket from the 22nd to the 27th. Are you saying there is a slight possibility opening weekend will be on the 29th! :scared1:

Marquibiri

I was just glancing at this thread (which is a few months old).... and wait.... I've bought my airplane ticket from the 22nd to the 27th. Are you saying there is a slight possibility opening weekend will be on the 29th! :scared1:

Marquibiri
I just don't know yet. I haven't seen any dates...even guesses from any reliable sources as to when opening night will be. The dates should be coming out sometime in the next few weeks.

"Park hours may change" is kind of general. Yes, they change, but they don't change for days where events are scheduled. I think from the park hours, it's clear when HHN is being scheduled. They didn't just randomly pluck the 23rd and 24th out of nowhere as 5PM closings. It's pretty much a certainty that those are HHN dates.

"Park hours may change" is kind of general. Yes, they change, but they don't change for days where events are scheduled. I think from the park hours, it's clear when HHN is being scheduled. They didn't just randomly pluck the 23rd and 24th out of nowhere as 5PM closings. It's pretty much a certainty that those are HHN dates.
You are probably correct about the dates, however, nothing is "official" until the event dates are actually announced and tickets are on sale. Things can, and do, change.

My husband wants to go to HHN (we'll be at Disney 9/24-10/2) but I'm not a fan of getting scared. I would however like to see the wizarding world. I understand that the attractions won't be open but can I walk around look at everything? Will I get the you know what scared out of me if I just walk around the park with my husband? It's just not in our budget to take the family to Universal this year. Just curious.

Oh I hope I guess right and pick the weekend of the 23&24th,we actually plan on going the night of the 24th:scared1:. We will be flying out the 27th so if we miss that weekend we will miss it!:sad2:

My husband wants to go to HHN (we'll be at Disney 9/24-10/2) but I'm not a fan of getting scared. I would however like to see the wizarding world. I understand that the attractions won't be open but can I walk around look at everything? Will I get the you know what scared out of me if I just walk around the park with my husband? It's just not in our budget to take the family to Universal this year. Just curious.

HHN should be at the studios.

if you are not a fan of being scared, i would skip the event.
just by walking around, you will have fear........scare zones, atmosphere, things that go bump in the night........

I've been looking back at my previous trips. Opening weekend for 2008 was on the 26-27th, for 2009 on the 25-26th, for 2010 on the 24-25th.

It does seem more likely that year opening weekend will be on the 23-24th rather than on the 30 Sept - 1 Oct.

They do state that it's the last weekend of Sept after all.... :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter