2011 Theme "Let Memories Begin"

I just mentioned to my son yesterday about what the theme would be for next year? Great timing!

That would make sense. Disney fairytale weddings have already announced a sepcial limited time only wedding package for next year called the Memories Collection. They put an emphasis on making memories with photos of the big day or reliving memories by using the package for a vow renewal.

A live announcement is supposed to be made by Disney today at 12:45 ET. I hope that they announce the 2011 theme as well as information on the Fantasyland expansion. Let me know if you want me to post a link to the live feed.

yes, and a press release was issued.. before it all begin.

OP's report was confirmed.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...y-world-announcement-20100923,0,1301589.story

Disney announcement: Guests to star in nightly Castle show

Disney Parks unveiled a new marketing campaign Thursday, saying park guests will be the stars of a nightly photo show to be projected on the spires of Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.

The campaign, called "Let the Memories Begin," will celebrate family vacation memories created in Disney theme parks every day, the company said.

Beginning in January 2011, Disney PhotoPass photographers will capture pictures of guests during the day that will be larger-than-life images during the nighttime show. As many as 500 images will be used every day, Disney said.

Disney will also begin featuring home videos and snapshots of real guests in television ads and other marketing, the company said.

So, i'm guessing that means if you allow a photopass photographer to take your family's picture, then you are automatically agreeing for WDW to use the photos in their advertising/marketing promotions as well as in the castle show?

i'd have to imagine the photopass photos are only for the castle show that day. i'm guessing there's actually software involved that randomly chooses photos and plugs them into the slide show.

the ad and marketing campaigns (and whatever else disney chooses) will be made of the contributed photos/vids

Sound like they may be planning to tie it into the next year promo for the 40th since they are calling it Let the Memories Begin. They can then do something with the idea of 40 years of memories and more to come.

So, seeing as though this isn't the most interesting promo ever I'll just take it as a sign the economy must be getting better (or at least why they offered free dining so much already)

So, i'm guessing that means if you allow a photopass photographer to take your family's picture, then you are automatically agreeing for WDW to use the photos in their advertising/marketing promotions as well as in the castle show?

i wouldn't be surprised if it's in the fine print on the back of the park tickets.;)

So, seeing as though this isn't the most interesting promo ever I'll just take it as a sign the economy must be getting better (or at least why they offered free dining so much already)

im glad you said it first, but i have your back:). It's rather uninspired and just seems redundant, don't we all leave disney parks with memories:confused3

fyi, this seems to be the way they're going by all the previous posts, but i thought i'd mention that disney is known as a prolific file-er of patents, most just languish without development. There was a big fuss few years ago over reports that a patent for FP system had been granted, wherein guests could select the ones you want based upon level of resort, etc. from comfort of hotel room.

this is a trademark, not a patent. and i can promise disney doesn't spend money on these things just for fun, despite easily being able to afford to do so.

aside from the fact that it proved to be correct.

as for the patents, they generally are as broad as possible to protect the mechanism for future expansion. as you mentioned, fastpass (has multiple patents actually) covers a lot of options that don't currently exist and may never exist (although there is some interesting stuff in the works for mobile devices). pal mickey's patent also goes way above and beyond what he actually did.

This is my concern as well. I love the photopass shots, but I am not keen on my family being used for free advertising for years to come, without my permission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter