2011 Wine & Dine Halloween 5k Fun Run

I would agree with you on that but I am actually annoyed with Disney because they do not offer a 10 day park ticket at discount through Run Disney, they only go up to 7 days. So I plan to run this race around a vacation and I am staying in FL or 15 days and doing WDW for 10 days but they won't give me a discounted ticket :mad: You want to know what they told me......"pay 2 5 day tickets" :headache::headache::headache: Its more expensive that way, why would I do that....dah!

Anyways if Disney wants people to go and stay longer they really should offer a 10 day discount ticket to being doing the run. And I am doing both races and my family is also doing the 5K, really you would think they would give me the discount :mad::mad::mad:

Sorry vent over!

agreed!
they should, I want them to go even one step further. With 2 small kids a 10 day ticket isn't enough. I wish they would offer a 14 day ticket. They do abroad, but not for US residents :headache:

agreed!
they should, I want them to go even one step further. With 2 small kids a 10 day ticket isn't enough. I wish they would offer a 14 day ticket. They do abroad, but not for US residents :headache:

At that point doesn't an Annual Pass make sense? I thought the break even point for days of admission (without counting any other perks) was between ten and eleven days.

At that point doesn't an Annual Pass make sense? I thought the break even point for days of admission (without counting any other perks) was between ten and eleven days.

The annual pass is just over $500, a 10 day is just over $300 so that is a long way to go so no an annual pass would not be worth it if you are doing 14 days.

The annual pass is just over $500, a 10 day is just over $300 so that is a long way to go so no an annual pass would not be worth it if you are doing 14 days.

especially since with the "more u play the less u pay" after like 5 days (don't quote me I'm guesstimating) each additional day is only about $5 :goodvibes

Does anyone know if we will soon be able to link to an online waiver form that we are required to bring to packet pickup? Will we be mailed anything in advance of the race?

For the folks who were wanting a ticket longer than 7 days--have you considered buying the 7 day special Run Disney ticket and adding on the hopping and water park options? That way you could get about 10 days worth of fun out the ticket, though a couple days would be water park days. Just a thought.

Does anyone know if we will soon be able to link to an online waiver form that we are required to bring to packet pickup? Will we be mailed anything in advance of the race?

For the folks who were wanting a ticket longer than 7 days--have you considered buying the 7 day special Run Disney ticket and adding on the hopping and water park options? That way you could get about 10 days worth of fun out the ticket, though a couple days would be water park days. Just a thought.

For the Princess Half we were mailed our waiver and info but I don't remember how in advanced it was.

If you buy the 7 days and add the hopper you still only get 7 days. Someone correct me if I am wrong :confused3

Does anyone know if us runners get a discount for the MNSSHP? I forgot to ask when I called them for my park tickets.

For the Princess Half we were mailed our waiver and info but I don't remember how in advanced it was.

If you buy the 7 days and add the hopper you still only get 7 days. Someone correct me if I am wrong :confused3

Does anyone know if us runners get a discount for the MNSSHP? I forgot to ask when I called them for my park tickets.

Waivers will be available about 30 days in advance.

If you add the 'and more' option, you get an additional number of water park and Disney Quest. Just adding the park hopper option doesn't add any extra admissions.

My daughters will be running the 5K (15 and 11) and since we will be cheering them on from the start/finish... I was wondering if disney does any photopass stops in the park?

I know it is a race - but it is also about making the memories:)

My daughters will be running the 5K (15 and 11) and since we will be cheering them on from the start/finish... I was wondering if disney does any photopass stops in the park?

There will not be Photopass, but ASI. The official race photographer. You will be given the chance to purchase the pics they take or a CD/DVD with all the photos (and perhaps a video) for $99 afterward. :guilty:

There will not be Photopass, but ASI. The official race photographer. You will be given the chance to purchase the pics they take or a CD/DVD with all the photos (and perhaps a video) for $99 afterward. :guilty:

If I am running the 5K and my DH is running the 1/2 that night can we buy one CD/DVD with both of our photos on it?

If I am running the 5K and my DH is running the 1/2 that night can we buy one CD/DVD with both of our photos on it?

I don't think so. :mad: I don't believe they even let you combine the two events if you are doing them both. (So if you're like me, it'll cost $198 to get both CD's.:furious::furious::furious:)

I carried a small camera with me at the Princess Half and the Royal Family 5K and there are CM to take your picture with the characters. And they came out great!

Are you able to share that ;) I would love to know :rolleyes1

It wasn't me otherwise I would be happy to. I know I did it, because that is how I got all the ASI photos on my computer and then Facebook.

Let me see if I can find it in the Princess Thread.

ETA:
If anyone wants pictures just for your computer, you can do it without buying the download. Being up the picture by itself, not with any others. Take note of the second to last set of numbers of its id. Up on the Internet explored bar, view the source of the page. Hit control f, and it will bring up a search box. Type in the number that you noted. It will take you to that number in the source. Copy the web address of that picture, and paste it into a new window. If the picture is really tiny, keep searching for the next one in the source. There should be one that is a decent size. Once you find it, just right click and save it. It won't be good enough for prints, but it's nice to have a non watermarked picture for facebook and stuff. I did that with a few of mine, and then I'm ordering two.

Hi Everyone! My family and I are going to be running the 5K too. We are not staying at one of the designated resorts tho. I was wondering if anyone knew about parking at AK? Will we be aloud to park there or should we drive over to one of the designated resorts and take the bus? We are planning on staying at AK for the day so I would really like to drive and I don't really want to deal with the stroller on the busses. Run Disney seems to have a lot of info for the Half but not for the 5K. Any help would be great. Thanks!
You should be able to park at AK. We never have a car though, if anyone is just using Disney transportation and is not at an official race resort, be prepared to call a cab. This is what we have done in the past, and what we plan to do for the Halloween 5K, we are at Bay Lake.

You should be able to park at AK. We never have a car though, if anyone is just using Disney transportation and is not at an official race resort, be prepared to call a cab. This is what we have done in the past, and what we plan to do for the Halloween 5K, we are at Bay Lake.

Ok--silly question--we are planning to call a cab too--but can (should) we prearrange that a day ahead so we know our cab will be there? Or should we expect that cabs will just be there anyway, so we can grab one out in front of the Poly that morning?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter