2013 Candlelight Processional Watch

I'm a little disappointed with Steven Curtis Chapman :-( I've seen so many amazing celebrity narrators, and he's just not one of my favorites. We've got a Christmas Eve reservation, and it may be too late to book for another night and have to re-do dining reservations and park plans, so we'll probably go just for the CP itself. Love the music and the message :-)

Where are you dining reservations on Christmas Eve? I would love to see him do this that day but it is all booked.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but so many people are so anxious to see NPH tell the story of Christmas and he doesn't even believe in the true story of Christmas. Then they add someone like SCC who lives by the true story of Christmas and people are disappointed. :confused3

I agree. NPH will be there during our trip and unlike most, I would have loved for it to be SCC instead!

We're at Restaurant Marrakesh - after giving up reservations at Rose and Crown and Coral Reef in favor of a restaurant my daughter loves. There are 8 of us, though, so rebooking another day has been impossible.

I don't doubt SCC's devotion, but as far as entertainment, I've seen narrators I prefer. And I'm not sure why NPH beliefs are in question.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but so many people are so anxious to see NPH tell the story of Christmas and he doesn't even believe in the true story of Christmas. Then they add someone like SCC who lives by the true story of Christmas and people are disappointed. :confused3
I won't flame you, but your own comment seems rather *pointed*. I personally enjoy the CP for the pageantry and not the message.

We're at Restaurant Marrakesh - after giving up reservations at Rose and Crown and Coral Reef in favor of a restaurant my daughter loves. There are 8 of us, though, so rebooking another day has been impossible.

I don't doubt SCC's devotion, but as far as entertainment, I've seen narrators I prefer. And I'm not sure why NPH beliefs are in question.

Yeah we are trying to make dining reservations that week for 6 and it hasn't been easy! We didn't decide to go to Disney for Cheistmas until 2 weeks ago so we missed the 180 day mark. We are doing coral reef at the request of the kids. I cancelled a ressie for 8 at coral reef on Christmas Day just this week... Maybe just maybe you can snatch it up.

Good luck!

I am new to the CP and we have a reservation for the 8:15 show on the 20th. Is it possible to stay there and watch Illuminations since it is the last show?

A bit off-topic, but NPH related---- NPH signed on to play the lead in "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" on Bway in April !!!

Perfect casting !!!!!! (and possibly the reason why the delay in officially announcing him as a "CP" reader)

Long time Disney family, first time to CP but very much looking forward to it with my grown DK's. We have several picky eaters so are trying to narrow our choices and get a reservation on Dec 2 with NPH. Are suggestions?

:santa:

We're excited to see Stephen Curtis Chapman on Christmas Eve! Our family has been fortunate enough to attend the Candlelight Processional multiple times, and we've seen a variety of narrators. There have been some we've enjoyed more than others, but the power of the overall production never leaves us regretting the time spent. We can't imagine a better way to spend the night before Christmas. :)

We're excited to see Stephen Curtis Chapman on Christmas Eve! Our family has been fortunate enough to attend the Candlelight Processional multiple times, and we've seen a variety of narrators. There have been some we've enjoyed more than others, but the power of the overall production never leaves us regretting the time spent. We can't imagine a better way to spend the night before Christmas. :)

I'm glad to hear you say that! We have our ressie for Eve too. This will b our first time!

Long time Disney family, first time to CP but very much looking forward to it with my grown DK's. We have several picky eaters so are trying to narrow our choices and get a reservation on Dec 2 with NPH. Are suggestions?

:santa:

I suggest looking at the menus here on the Dis or on allears

In my experience, at Biergarten there is Mac and cheese and chicken schnitzel that my kids like, and pretzel bread.

At Via Napoli there is pizza and basic pasta, my kids enjoyed it there as well. We did VN last year and has a reservation here this year as well.

It's the fact that he's a big name actor, while SCC is more part of a localized demographic. I've never heard of him until I started reading who all has done the CP before.

I watched Doogie Howser as a kid, and watch How I met your mother now. So if I had to choose between the two, I'd pick NPH 100% of the time. Just seeing him do the Oscars and other hosting things, I think he'd be a lot of fun.

If NPH didn't believe in the true story of Christmas, why would he do this year after year? And don't say that it's a paying gig. You have to have some kind of passion for it to come in and read.

Anyone know the answer to this?

I'm not a 100% sure. There's supposed to be a roped off area for people who go to the CP, but it's on the other side of the lake. As a photographer, right there by the American Pavilion looks like the best place to be to see it. I haven't been back that way in forever, so can't say for sure. I'm just going off the map.

Anyone know the answer to this?

Stay at the theater?

You won't be able to see Illuminations from the theater. If you don't want to go to the reserved spot you will just have to exit the theater and find yourself an area to watch it.

Stay at the theater?

You won't be able to see Illuminations from the theater. If you don't want to go to the reserved spot you will just have to exit the theater and find yourself an area to watch it.

Why can't you see it?
I thought I read somewhere that is an open theater...Is that not accurate?

I'm not a 100% sure. There's supposed to be a roped off area for people who go to the CP, but it's on the other side of the lake. As a photographer, right there by the American Pavilion looks like the best place to be to see it. I haven't been back that way in forever, so can't say for sure. I'm just going off the map.

The theater is "down" from street level - you have to walk down steps to the seating area, and then you are facing the stage. The stage has a backdrop, so you can't see out.

Like I said you can walk up the steps out to the open area and find a spot but everything up at the railing facing the lagoon will be occupied by that time. You might be able to tell in this picture:
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/maps/index.php?showmap=12 how the theater is set down.

Since it will be very congested at the time the show is letting out the best bet might be to walk a little ways away from the theater to find a place to watch it.

OK, this may have been answered but I don't have time to go through all the pages--sorry! We have just decided to do a Christmas trip. I'm looking at doing the Candlelight procession but have no idea how it works. When I looked at the restaurant times, the only ones available are mid-afternoon--I'm assuming because we're so late doing this. My question is are there processions throughout the day? Or is there just one? If I have a reservation for 2:30, do we hang out until the evening to see the show or is there a show shortly after that seating time? Thanks for any advice you can give me.

OK, this may have been answered but I don't have time to go through all the pages--sorry! We have just decided to do a Christmas trip. I'm looking at doing the Candlelight procession but have no idea how it works. When I looked at the restaurant times, the only ones available are mid-afternoon--I'm assuming because we're so late doing this. My question is are there processions throughout the day? Or is there just one? If I have a reservation for 2:30, do we hang out until the evening to see the show or is there a show shortly after that seating time? Thanks for any advice you can give me.

There are 3 showings.
Think it's 530, 7 and 8. If you get a 230 resi, you may be at the early or mid show evening show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter