2013 Limited Time Magic

Seems kinda underwhelming. A new limited dance party just like the dance party offered everyday with Stitch and Pluto. I guess I was expecting more, at least for the first week.

It's only the first week anyway. They're probably saving the best for later on. :D

Also, the NYE week party might be different anyway. We'll see. Don't judge yet.

Sad that they aren't announcing things further out... I have a lot of flexibility on dates for our summer trip and was hoping to be able to plan around something really cool. I wish we could "take advantage of these opportunities while they last!" as the site suggests, but since we're coming from 1000 miles away that would require more than a week's advance notice. :(

Seems kinda underwhelming. A new limited dance party just like the dance party offered everyday with Stitch and Pluto. I guess I was expecting more, at least for the first week.

Agreed. Very underwhelming.

DisDadDoc said:
Agreed. Very underwhelming.

There looks to be something else going on called"Disney Time" which I believe may have to do with new years eve announcement

I'm so sad I'm not going next year to experience this :( I suppose there's still time to twist DBF's arm haha!!

I think they maybe dropped a hint for pirate week from the Disney website:

Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.

Talk like a pirate day is every September 19th, just a thought. :-)

We are arriving late on 9-20 and leaving on 9-24...just a quick bday trip. Maybe we'll get some pirate time!

I think they maybe dropped a hint for pirate week from the Disney website:

Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.

Talk like a pirate day is every September 19th, just a thought. :-)

We actually just booked a trip that week a few days ago. That sounds like fun!

Had anyone seen what the January limited edition ears look like?? We arrive in 12 days!! WooHoo!

Have seen a video for the new years dance party, looks kinda fun and something i would stop and take part in. Im looking forward to seeing what else they come up with and hope that when im thier in sep / oct we get something fun!

Isnt this first 'magic' meant to be finishing tomorrow? They havent updated to site to say wahts next?

Did you read the comments about the hats too? Some people are saying they already bought these hats before January(I am surprised they let those comments post to be frank). It is disappointing for sure. I thought there would be some sort of new experience(no matter how small) in the parks every week.

Has it occurred to anyone else that maybe there isn't going to be something going on at each park each and every week? That maybe some weeks will feature Disneyland without anything for Disney World or vice versa? They never actually specified that there would be something going on at both parks all year, did they? The announcement was "52 weeks of magical surprises at Disney Parks", so maybe this week's surprise is just the Three Kings celebrations and/or Golden Horseshoe at DLR.

OK, I'm a huge Disney loyalist and have been since childhood - and that's nearly 40 years. It doesn't take much for Disney to sell something for me or for me to say something positive about Disney. But I have to agree that this is silly.

First, it's the re-release of ear hats. Our boys are collectors and were very excited, but if it's just a re-release of old ear hats, that's not so great.

And I fully expected to check back each Friday and see something new. The fact that they didn't bother to update the limitedtimemagic.com website yesterday or even today is odd.

I don't even expect a promo every year, and I don't mind if limited time magic is just something really tiny each week. I think the whole idea is cute and I would have essentially bought whatever they sold. But to announce a promo and then not follow up is poor form.

pixarmom said:
OK, I'm a huge Disney loyalist and have been since childhood - and that's nearly 40 years. It doesn't take much for Disney to sell something for me or for me to say something positive about Disney. But I have to agree that this is silly.

First, it's the re-release of ear hats. Our boys are collectors and were very excited, but if it's just a re-release of old ear hats, that's not so great.

And I fully expected to check back each Friday and see something new. The fact that they didn't bother to update the limitedtimemagic.com website yesterday or even today is odd.

I don't even expect a promo every year, and I don't mind if limited time magic is just something really tiny each week. I think the whole idea is cute and I would have essentially bought whatever they sold. But to announce a promo and then not follow up is poor form.

I couldn't agree more... Maybe the same people in charge of this are in charge of the new web site. I leave tomorrow for my trip and would have loved to know what the theme is now that the New Years party is done but nothing on web site. It would have been nice to know because maybe there is a shirt or something that I would have liked to bring for my daughter from home that would have fit the theme. Oh well, I won't let it big me to much due to tomorrow I will be there:)

Heard on twitter that there is no LTM special event this week. Disney really screwed up with this promotion....

Wow. So lame. It is such a shame because it really could have been a powerful, crowd pleasing, successful promo if they had just taken the time and managed it right... How hard can it be to come up with a little measly "extra magic". I mean, every week does not have to be this big huge gigantic theme with extravagant details. They couldnt think of ANYTHING they could have whipped together. And I mean COME ON, its only the second week. This is gonna fall apart really fast, isnt it?

Fail, Disney Co.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter