2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you at the Yacht Club? There seems to be a loading dock near the guest rooms over there.

The loading dock area is near the YC. I don't think there is very much noise from the loading dock for the BC guests, since there is a huge flat roof blocking the view of the dock area. But if you are staying at the BC you could request a room near the lobby or close to Epcot. Then you won't be anywhere near that area. :)

You're right - I had Yacht Club on the brain. Although I was looking at e map and wonder if some of the rooms closer to the pool might have the dumpster view with the noise?

I'm staying SV at the BC (only category available for the deal I had - if a decent deal is released later, I will try to upgrade to GV). My plan is to request close to Epcot in the hopes we'll avoid that area altogether.

Welcome home Jeanne and Princess Lilly. Hope you have a great visit in Florida.

Thanks Keith. I cannot wait until they get here at 7 PM tonight. Tomorrow is our big Christmas day. And I came home from work last night to find the heating element in our oven went. So this morning I've been on the phone trying to find someone to come fix it so I can cook the big turkey dinner tomorrow for the girls' Christmas. One company said ok if they had the part ... I'm waiting to hear back from them. Otherwise, my wonderful neighbor (who my daughter calls "McNeighbor" ... if you're a Grey's Anatomy fan you'll understand what he therefore looks like) said we can use his oven. I need everybody's fingers crossed for the repairman to come through. I really don't want to be running back and forth with a 24 pound turkey.

Had a long conversation with Princess Lily the other night. She was very concerned that Santa wasn't coming back on Tuesday night. I told her I personally talked to him and he assured me he'd be coming Tuesday night to our house. Then she wanted to know if Mickey and her friends knew she was coming on Tuesday night. I assured her they were all waiting for her to get back to Florida. She is driving poor Jeanne batty!!!

Teena are working at all the 16-19? We've met you before and my daughter always asks if we are going to see you again. We arrive late on he 16th

Amy

We check into the YC on Thursday. Booked a standard view room but I just went onto MDE and now it says we have a garden view? Confused. Any ideas?

I'll be there the 18th and 19th. I look forward to seeing you!!!

Hi Teena!!!! We will be coming in August, and are Overjoyed!! My family and I look forward to meeting you at the BC!!!!

I will reach out as we get closer to be sure you will be there!!:yay::yay:

PS, your granddaughter is just adorable!!:lovestruc

Hi Teena!!!! We will be coming in August, and are Overjoyed!! My family and I look forward to meeting you at the BC!!!!

I will reach out as we get closer to be sure you will be there!!:yay::yay:

PS, your granddaughter is just adorable!!:lovestruc

Thank you. Lily sure loves everything Disney!!! Their flight arrives tonight around 7 PM. Cannot wait.

I'll be working in August some. I should be there August 9, 10, 16, 17, 30 and 31st. We'll be in Cape Cod the first weekend and then on the 18th I leave to go help Jeanne get her classroom up and ready and then stay for the first week of the new school year to help as an aide. Hopefully I'll be there sometime when you are there so we can meet up!!

I have a question on the BCV. Right now I'm in the BC this coming December. My son and his wife decided to come down and join us. They are looking at a discount resort to stay at to save money. I know right now the BCV rooms are all blocked out for owners for that month. My question is, when will Disney release the rooms where i might try to book a two bedroom villa using my bounce-back discount? My DIL has never been to WDW and I'm thinking of spoiling her if I can. TIA

Katesdad

Right :thumbsup2 - If you are near the lobby you are far away from the dumpsters. If you are near Epcot you are even farther away, since the service area is to the far right of the BC rooms as you look at this map. ;) The orange area indicates the guest rooms at the BC. As you can see, there is a huge flat roof, indicated by pink, between the guest rooms and the service areas. The dumpster area is between the YC and BC. You can see a road that leads to the service area. The reason the YC gets noise from the trucks is that they have an additional loading area that serves the convention center. Here is the map:
thanks, I sent an email to my TA to see if she can add "Close to Epcot" to our reservation.

What is the "Be our guest list" and how do I get on it?

I'm going to be at the BC (first time!) from Oct 10-17 2105.

We are planning out return to WDW and a stay at the BC (BCV if we are able to get into a studio) for October 3-10, 2015.

I can't wait to be back as it will be over a year since my wife and I slipped away in March 2014 (don't tell the DS) for a 2 nighter and over 2 for the rest of the family (April 2013).

We have been AP holders at the DLR this year and tried to maximize or AP value with 4 trips and a stop at the Aulani.

Let the planning begin!

Mike

I have a question on the BCV. Right now I'm in the BC this coming December. My son and his wife decided to come down and join us. They are looking at a discount resort to stay at to save money. I know right now the BCV rooms are all blocked out for owners for that month. My question is, when will Disney release the rooms where i might try to book a two bedroom villa using my bounce-back discount? My DIL has never been to WDW and I'm thinking of spoiling her if I can. TIA

Katesdad

I think the villas become available at seven months out. We have stayed at the BCV's and they are great when you have grown children. :)

Planning into the far future?!
:rotfl2:

++++

Anyway, for SOME reason I've never figured out, my husband has a long-standing abiding fear of taxis. He'd rather spend an extra two hours than get in a taxi cab. We've only been ripped off, like, once (the guy told us the credit card machine in his cab didn't work. Uh-huh. Oh, the fare is $14? Here's $15!) and otherwise... well, who knows. We have our quirks. :)

I was just diagnosed with a bacterial sinus infection. Luckily, we're not leaving for another 18 days so hopefully I'll be well over it before we go!

:welcome:

The "Be Our Guest" list is just a listing of DISers who have let us know they will be staying at BC/YC/BCV for an upcoming trip. It is Post 15 on Page 1 of this thread (very bottom of the thread). You can see the names and dates of others who will be staying at the same time as you.

:cool1:

I will add you to the list tomorrow morning when I do an update. Tried to do one earlier, but DIS had been running very slowly today- don't know if it is an issue with my computer or if it is a site-wide issue.

:goodvibes

Planning into the far future?!
:rotfl2:

++++

Anyway, for SOME reason I've never figured out, my husband has a long-standing abiding fear of taxis. He'd rather spend an extra two hours than get in a taxi cab. We've only been ripped off, like, once (the guy told us the credit card machine in his cab didn't work. Uh-huh. Oh, the fare is $14? Here's $15!) and otherwise... well, who knows. We have our quirks. :)

I was just diagnosed with a bacterial sinus infection. Luckily, we're not leaving for another 18 days so hopefully I'll be well over it before we go!

We avoided taxis, too, until recently. I've heard stories about being ripped off - so we always use cash with the taxis.

I hope you feel better in plenty of time to get ready for your trip. :goodvibes

I will add you to the list tomorrow morning when I do an update. Tried to do one earlier, but DIS had been running very slowly today- don't know if it is an issue with my computer or if it is a site-wide issue.

Can you add us to the BOG list for October? I was able to get the BC GV for Oct 21 - 26, 2015 with our bounceback discount. :) And in case you missed it, we switched from the YC to the BC GV for our trip in April.

:welcome: The "Be Our Guest" list is just a listing of DISers who have let us know they will be staying at BC/YC/BCV for an upcoming trip. It is Post 15 on Page 1 of this thread (very bottom of the thread). You can see the names and dates of others who will be staying at the same time as you. :cool1: I will add you to the list tomorrow morning when I do an update. Tried to do one earlier, but DIS had been running very slowly today- don't know if it is an issue with my computer or if it is a site-wide issue. :goodvibes

Thanks! We will be celebrating our 14th Anniversary while we're there :)

Sorry I didn't see the list before, I've been using the app on my phone and the BOG post is waaaaaay down on the first page LOL

I've been home sick today and have spent the whole day looking up Disney stuff. I am so excited!!!!!

page 160-162

I this the right number to contact the Beach Club IPO 407-934-1448?

Thank you,

That's the number I have in my records. Does anyone have anything different?

:)

We are planning out return to WDW and a stay at the BC (BCV if we are able to get into a studio) for October 3-10, 2015.

I can't wait to be back as it will be over a year since my wife and I slipped away in March 2014 (don't tell the DS) for a 2 nighter and over 2 for the rest of the family (April 2013).

We have been AP holders at the DLR this year and tried to maximize or AP value with 4 trips and a stop at the Aulani.

Let the planning begin!

Mike

:welcome: back!

Do you have a reservation for the BC resort or are you still in the process of making a reservation?

:)

Hope you recover quickly!

Can you add us to the BOG list for October? I was able to get the BC GV for Oct 21 - 26, 2015 with our bounceback discount. :) And in case you missed it, we switched from the YC to the BC GV for our trip in April.

Will do!

:thumbsup2

Thanks! We will be celebrating our 14th Anniversary while we're there :)

Sorry I didn't see the list before, I've been using the app on my phone and the BOG post is waaaaaay down on the first page LOL

I've been home sick today and have spent the whole day looking up Disney stuff. I am so excited!!!!!

No worries! It can be confusing because the Be Our Guest list is unique to this thread.

Not to be confused or in any way connected with the Be Our Guest FP email that guests received shortly before their trips.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter