(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Courtyard or Beach Pool? This photo was taken during the last LONG refurb for the Courtyard Pool in 2012-13. It was changed to an zero-entry pool and was out of action for quite some time.
This time, I wonder if there is a problem. You wouldn't think that a regular refurbishment would take months to complete.

View attachment 280935
No the emails are saying beach pool. However wasn't that refurbished recently too?

I remember that courtyard one. It took forever lol.

I will also be there 12/1-12/6! I may be able to join if it is during that time, but excited to hear about others meeting if not. Haven't posted much on this thread, but have enjoyed learning and we are so excited for our first stay! We will be at VGF.

Hey!!! That’s awesome!! We have to try and figure something out!!!

Just got the email about the pool refurb....our stay is March 31-April7. That's a LONG refurb if its starting in November! It's as if they are building Mine Train! haha

The unofficial info sites now have the Beach Pool refurb starting on January 2, 2018 instead of this November. Courtyard Pool should be open.

General resort question: I have a two queen room Main Building with 5 people sharing for our upcoming stay. My 3 year old will be sleeping on the daybed/sofabed. If you've needed to make use of that a) Is it comfortable? I know a 3 year old would care less than I would, but I still don't want her feeling lousy for 8 nights. b) Does Disney make up the room with the sofabed set up already since I have 5 people and they know I'll need to use it? Or do I have to ask for something special at check in? c)Do they change the sheets on the sofabed just as often as the main beds? Does it have a pillow already?

General resort question: I have a two queen room Main Building with 5 people sharing for our upcoming stay. My 3 year old will be sleeping on the daybed/sofabed. If you've needed to make use of that a) Is it comfortable? I know a 3 year old would care less than I would, but I still don't want her feeling lousy for 8 nights. b) Does Disney make up the room with the sofabed set up already since I have 5 people and they know I'll need to use it? Or do I have to ask for something special at check in? c)Do they change the sheets on the sofabed just as often as the main beds? Does it have a pillow already?

We find the daybed very comfy to sleep on. We have slept on the daybeds at the Poly, BWI and YC but not the GF yet. I am sure they are very similar.

All of my family has slept on the day bed at some point; DS 6'4", DD 5'6", DH 6'2 and me 5'6" and had no problems during our stays.

It's been a while, but I remember having an extra blanket and pillow in the closet for the daybed. We like extra pillows and blankets, so we just called Mousekeeping to get more.
The first night we could make the couch into a daybed, Mousekeeping would just leave it as a daybed for us.
I am not sure about how often the sheets are changed on either the bed or the daybed?

Wow - those are our exact GF dates! And the ironic thing is we also chose a BC split, but we are doing BC first. Good choices! Should be a super split. We're going to Epcot/CP during our BC stay. Then MK/MVMCP during our GF stay.
I’m going to just miss you:sad2:...we’re in RPC 12/3-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter