• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be first time guests at the GF in 1 week! Can anyone give me advice on the best way to get to a 7:10am breakfast at O'hana from the Grand? Thanks!!!

December activity schedule.
It sounds wonderful, thanks !!!
I'm sorry but the December schedule wasn't out yet when we were there. :)

We'll be first time guests at the GF in 1 week! Can anyone give me advice on the best way to get to a 7:10am breakfast at O'hana from the Grand? Thanks!!!
You can walk to the Polynesian in about ten to fifteen minutes. You can take a cab, too. But I'm not sure if the boats or resort monorail are running that early unless the MK has early park hours on that day.

We had a lovely three night stay at the Grand this past Saturday to Tuesday. We had booked a standard view room and requested a room with a nice view. We received it. The second picture is the view to the right of the balcony. :) We were in Conch Key, room 7216, and the only bad thing about this room was that it shared a wall with the elevators and we could hear them when they were running. It wasn't told loud, though. Otherwise, we couldn't have asked for a better location. :)
GF Conch Key room 7216 view.jpg

That is Narcoossee on the left and Boca Chico on the right. We could see some of the Electric Water Pageant from our room. The marina was right behind our building and we watched fireworks every night. We also had a lovely dinner at Citrico's. It was a little chilly for swimming during the three days we were there but it didn't stop us from going to the courtyard pool one afternoon. The lobby was gorgeous with its Christmas decorations and the gingerbread house smelled great. This is a wonderful time to stay here. :)

Attachments

• view right.jpg
    view right.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I'm sorry but the December schedule wasn't out yet when we were there. :)

You can walk to the Polynesian in about ten to fifteen minutes. You can take a cab, too. But I'm not sure if the boats or resort monorail are running that early unless the MK has early park hours on that day.
A nice morning walk along the beach sounds perfect! I didn't realize there were walking paths between the 2. Thanks!

A nice morning walk along the beach sounds perfect! I didn't realize there were walking paths between the 2. Thanks!

It's a gorgeous view from the walking path. :)

That walk between the GF and the Poly is lovely. Whilst we usually take the walk home from the Poly, rather than the other direction, it is worthwhile either way. The lagoon and its surrounds can be spectacular at sunrise and sunset, or any time of the day, really. This is just one of the views along the route.

GFPolyPath1.jpg

Absolutely loved that view!! My girls loved how those reindeer were lit up at night! I will remember you for our future stays so hopefully we can have more conversation!

It was great meeting you and your family! I wish we had more time! Hope you guys had a great trip!!! We still have two more days, we don't want to leave!!!

PS - we keep joking to my DH that we want our entire front lawn with flowers just like GF! He needs to get on that when we get home lol lol

Can’t wait to arrive @ WDW AKV 12/9 moving to VGF 12/15.pixiedust:
I’d like to run over to Basin White after DME drops me off 12/9 - I need bath bombs for the spa tub @ AKV, & of course for the bubble tub @ VGF.
Does anyone know how late the Basin White store in the GF stays open?

I’d like to run over to Basin White after DME drops me off 12/9 - I need bath bombs for the spa tub @ AKV, & of course for the bubble tub @ VGF.
Does anyone know how late the Basin White store in the GF stays open?
I think it is 10pm

I'll be there in a couple of weeks and am so excited to see the decorations again, but am a technically-challenged Dis-er who will not be sending you pics~ lol

Hi grannyminnie :wave2:.....hope things are well with you!

Christmas time is one of my favorite times to be at Disney as everything is so festive and beautifully decorated. Hope you have a great trip :santa:.

Hard to believe it is only 13 days until we check in.

We are flying in a night early, and with our late arrival we intended to stay at the Hyatt at MCO and just take ME early the next morning. However, I called Disney yesterday and guest services kindly added on that first night to our reservation at GF, with our original (now expired) 30% offer code applied.

So we'll be heading straight to the Grand that night! :santa:

Congrats on getting the extra night with your discount! Have a great trip! :wizard:

The GF is an amazing resort, you will love it! As others have said, the walk between the GF & Poly is along a nice scenic path and only takes about 10-15 minutes. Have a great trip and enjoy the GF :).

We had a lovely three night stay at the Grand this past Saturday to Tuesday. We had booked a standard view room and requested a room with a nice view. We received it. The second picture is the view to the right of the balcony. :) We were in Conch Key, room 7216, and the only bad thing about this room was that it shared a wall with the elevators and we could hear them when they were running. It wasn't told loud, though. Otherwise, we couldn't have asked for a better location. :)
View attachment 285951

That is Narcoossee on the left and Boca Chico on the right. We could see some of the Electric Water Pageant from our room. The marina was right behind our building and we watched fireworks every night. We also had a lovely dinner at Citrico's. It was a little chilly for swimming during the three days we were there but it didn't stop us from going to the courtyard pool one afternoon. The lobby was gorgeous with its Christmas decorations and the gingerbread house smelled great. This is a wonderful time to stay here. :)

Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing. Glad you had a nice trip :goodvibes.

It's a gorgeous view from the walking path. :)

::yes::

Beautiful :cloud9:

That walk between the GF and the Poly is lovely. Whilst we usually take the walk home from the Poly, rather than the other direction, it is worthwhile either way. The lagoon and its surrounds can be spectacular at sunrise and sunset, or any time of the day, really.

I agree :thumbsup2

It was great meeting you and your family! I wish we had more time! Hope you guys had a great trip!!! We still have two more days, we don't want to leave!!!

Glad you and TJA were able to meet. It's fun meeting other Dis-ers in person :goodvibes.

Have a great trip :wizard:.

PS - we keep joking to my DH that we want our entire front lawn with flowers just like GF! He needs to get on that when we get home lol lol
It was great meeting you too lol. Lots of dissers here:)

It's a teeny tricky from gf. Make sure you walk along VGf water side . That is the correct path to poly. The other side takes you towards VGf entrance.

I walk to the kids water play area and cut through to beach and stay left side of the VGf building,

Just said goodbye to mrsap and family . Such a darling family!

Running to Tony's for lunch at 12 then coming back to gf.

It was wonderful meeting you lovely ladies...you and your mom were so sweet! Loved chatting Disney with you this morning! Sad we didn’t get more time to chat! We are in the car on our ride home!! (Already ate the croissant I brought with me!) Wish I could have taken a mimosa to go! LOL Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!

I’ll write a little review when I can, get too dizzy in the car! We were sprinkled with some amazing Pixie Dust on our trip...looking forward to sharing with you guys :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter